Hamilton at Winnipeg - pregame discussion

Started by The Zipp, August 19, 2024, 02:06:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobombersgo

Blue In BC

Quote from: gobombersgo on August 21, 2024, 09:28:17 PMTransactions:

2024-08-21    WPG    Adams, Devin    DT    A    Peru State College    ADD FROM PRACTICE ROSTER    Game Roster
2024-08-21    WPG    KARAMOKO, Souleymane    DB    G    Laval    TRF TO PRACTICE ROSTER    Practice Roster
2024-08-21    WPG    SCHMEKEL, Tanner    DL    N    Regina    TRF TO PRACTICE ROSTER    Practice Roster

The good news is that we're adding back Adams. The bad news is who is coming off ( Bighill possibly ).

The other two transactions are a little more curious.

Karamoko can only be replaced by another Global or a Canadian. Schemkel is coming off that leads me to suggest we're adding in Samson. Remote possibility would be Chris-Ike.

So where does that leave us with the Global alternative? Weitz in order to beef up depth at LB due to the chance Bighill doesn't dress? Listing him as doubtful doesn't mean much but means maybe? The other transactions give more weight to that happening.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: gobombersgo on August 21, 2024, 09:31:04 PMCFL Injury Reports, Week 12: Bighill doubtful vs. Tiger-Cats

https://www.cfl.ca/2024/08/18/cfl-injury-reports-week-12/
This was expected. Tony "TONNNNNEH" Jones I think is a good fill in.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Pete

good to see Adams back in huge upgrade over Smeckle, hopefully CHris Ike could draw in and Ogbevoen, Rostering Samson might be only alternative although he would get few reps

Pigskin

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 21, 2024, 09:36:29 PMThe good news is that we're adding back Adams. The bad news is who is coming off ( Bighill possibly ).

The other two transactions are a little more curious.

Karamoko can only be replaced by another Global or a Canadian. Schemkel is coming off that leads me to suggest we're adding in Samson. Remote possibility would be Chris-Ike.

So where does that leave us with the Global alternative? Weitz in order to beef up depth at LB due to the chance Bighill doesn't dress? Listing him as doubtful doesn't mean much but means maybe? The other transactions give more weight to that happening.

The Bombers have LB, Weitz on the PR  or Lucky O, will come off the 6 game.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blueforlife

Quote from: jayrock on August 21, 2024, 02:27:46 PMgreat team? 4-6 makes a team great? If you win out the rest of the season then you will be good. But great? That lands right up there with "better then our record".

There is only one stand out team in the league right now and that is Montreal. The easy east no longer exists as of right now. All the teams in the west are just doing enough to stay in the hunt. Even good old Edmonton is putting up their hand to remind everyone in the west they are here.
I believe the Bombers are a great team with a bad record.  That is all.  Yes Montreal is exceptional.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: jayrock on August 21, 2024, 02:27:46 PMgreat team? 4-6 makes a team great? If you win out the rest of the season then you will be good. But great? That lands right up there with "better then our record".

You need to read your own forum threads... lots of SSK fans getting antsy right about now about WPG once again becoming strong.  And lots of angst about SSK's 1-win-in-5-games problems.

I'm not sure about "great", but it seems clear WPG is reverting to the expected mean, as is SSK.

If When WPG's O gets going, I would be truly scared if I were any other team in the league.  For SSK: they need to see if they can break out of this funk, otherwise it'll be another Dickenson The Lesser season ending splat.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: pdirks67 on August 21, 2024, 03:29:32 PMFair comment. Great Defense + OK Offense = Good (not great)

Yup.  The funny thing is, we put no money in our D, and our D looked awful on paper in PS, and we had no faith in our D: but here we are with a D lighting up the league!

Younger (and Hall) have truly pulled off a miracle.

Our O, maybe the most expensive in the league, has to start clicking at some point.  It just has to.  They have all the money and big names, AND a great Buck to guide them.  They need to start playing up to their contracts.  When that happens, it's lights out for every other team, even MTL!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pigskin on August 21, 2024, 09:08:19 PMBut, how about the job the GOAT, Mike Miller has done with our teams. First year coach, who has had to deal with a lot of injuries and keeps finding players who have bought in to his style of of play.

So it was Boo all along... Boo gets the boot and our ST coverage goes from league-worst to (I'm guessing) near-league-best.  Even more proof is Boo only lasted a few weeks in HAM before they realized he was ruining things, and then got the boot there even though it probably screws them on the coaches cap.

Miller has been awesome, and repaid the faith that MOS/KW placed in him.
Never go full Rider!

The Zipp

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 21, 2024, 11:30:26 PMYou need to read your own forum threads... lots of SSK fans getting antsy right about now about WPG once again becoming strong.  And lots of angst about SSK's 1-win-in-5-games problems.

I'm not sure about "great", but it seems clear WPG is reverting to the expected mean, as is SSK.

If When WPG's O gets going, I would be truly scared if I were any other team in the league.  For SSK: they need to see if they can break out of this funk, otherwise it'll be another Dickenson The Lesser season ending splat.

Riderfans board is a cesspool - not surprised if Jayrock doesn't visit there much

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 21, 2024, 09:36:29 PMSo where does that leave us with the Global alternative? Weitz in order to beef up depth at LB due to the chance Bighill doesn't dress? Listing him as doubtful doesn't mean much but means maybe? The other transactions give more weight to that happening.

Makes you wish we retained Maruo, eh?  He almost certainly would be starting this week if Biggie is out.  Can't even couch-snipe him, either, as some other team already did.
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on August 21, 2024, 10:21:37 PMThe Bombers have LB, Weitz on the PR  or Lucky O, will come off the 6 game.

We don't need a 2nd Global but choose to dress one recently. That may more of a factor of so many Canadians injured at the moment. Taking " Lucky " off the IR early would mean his SMS would count, so I don't know that makes sense. He only played part of 1 game?

Weitz is a couple of inches shorter and a little lighter. We haven't seen what he can do but is he the best player we can add?

As I mentioned maybe Samson gets added instead of a global. Not exactly a lot of choices on the PR and no realistic chance of any 6 game IR coming off IMO.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

gobombersgo

The team could also decide to dress 44 instead of 45. I think that would be last option as they could just roster Weitz as the 45th player and have him help on special teams.

gobombersgo

Winnipeg Blue Bombers   @Wpg_BlueBombers
Injury Report: August 21, 2024

Ogbevoen and Chris-Ike have both been on the 6 game list for 4 games.

They are now allowed to practice so that's why they show up on the injury report.

peg_city

I'm assuming bighill will be back for Labour Day?