Chris Jones has a new gig. - defensive coordinator with Hamilton

Started by The Zipp, August 18, 2024, 04:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Whoever approved of this hire in Steeltown needs to commit himself.

Jones is trash.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

blue_or_die

Do we see the old defensive genius CJ or the more modern "genius"?
#Ride?

Stretch

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 19, 2024, 10:15:41 AMHow come these teams always pick the week right before WPG plays them to make these drastic changes?

Hoping this Friday doesn't become a trap game for that very reason.
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: dd on August 19, 2024, 12:41:10 AMWow, Washington has been around a long time, and through the good years....all of a sudden he forgot how to coach???!!!They need a whole house cleaning in Hamilton and that includes their scouting department.

Their overall talent level is brutal. Gone are the speedy B days and Bralon Addison days, and they've replaced them with nothing noteworthy. Their secondary is horrible. I see them bringing in NFL cuts and overhauling this roster, and that may well include Milanovich himself. Trouble is, that would mean Jones is the heir apparent, and just look at Edmonton to see how that one plays out!!! Trouble in steel town for sure.

Chris Jones solution is almost always to find better players, I don't know if the Ti-Cats have the money left in their budget to take that approach.  One thing I noticed their D lacks physicality, maybe Washington's approach was to recruit speed and play fast but it doesn't work well if players can't tackle or compete.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Stretch on August 19, 2024, 03:18:22 PMHoping this Friday doesn't become a trap game for that very reason.

I'm more hopeful Jones will create more problems for an already beleaguered Ti-Cats team.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

theaardvark

If Jones wears one hat, he can be very very good.

Wonder if the Esks get any releif on what they owe him.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on August 19, 2024, 04:32:11 PMIf Jones wears one hat, he can be very very good.

Yes, that's true. I just can't see that materializing over the next few days, especially against an offense that's ostensibly found its way.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

ichabod_crane

No worries, he will bolt for the Useless Football League next week as he has done in the past! :D A strange character.

DM83

He may bolt, but then if you were trying to play in Hamilton, wouldn't you.

Tehedra

If I recall; Chris Jones was a very good Defensive Coordinator.  He just isn't good once he starts getting into the upper levels of management.  Hopefully this doesn't wake up a sleeping Hamilton defense just before we get to play them.  Would really like some easy wins going into this next portion of our schedule.

Pete

Hamilton continues to bring in players/coaches from other teams yet doesn't improve in fact they look worse. No continuity at all.

dd

Hamilton's problem is they lack talent and the skill positions-other than Tim white, They don't have any playmakers on O and their secondary is the worst in the league.

Chris Jones doesn't have a magic wand, he sure as heck didn't have one in Edmonton, why and how could he turn this team around in less than a week.

Our offense has struggled, but I don't see their offense scoring st all and our secondary will eat up whomever they throw under centre. 30-10 bombers

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Tehedra on August 19, 2024, 09:09:40 PMIf I recall; Chris Jones was a very good Defensive Coordinator.  He just isn't good once he starts getting into the upper levels of management.

He's the D version of Lapo (sort of).  A good thing about the CFL is it tends to correct Peter Principle promotion mistakes.  Jones might once again be a very good DC, just like Lapo would almost certainly once again be a very good OC.  Just never promote them again!
Never go full Rider!

theaardvark

Any word on his pat in Hamilton, or how much Edm is saving with him now under contract in Ham?

He is a "senior defensive assistant", but that's still under the front office SMS right?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.