Chris Jones has a new gig. - defensive coordinator with Hamilton

Started by The Zipp, August 18, 2024, 04:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Zipp

From Twitter (Dan Ralph)

Hearing there was a Chris Jones sighting in Hamilton last night and that could mean he's returning to the #CFL  as the Ticats DC. Jones and Ticats  HC Scott Milanovich worked previously together as assistants in Mtl and Jones was Milanovich's DC when he was Toronto's HC.

Blue In BC

I think Jones time in the CFL is done. Hamilton is a tire fire and the fans are falling by the wayside. Do they really need what Jones brings to the table?

2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

No Hammy No

It will be your demise!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 18, 2024, 05:32:33 PMI think Jones time in the CFL is done. Hamilton is a tire fire and the fans are falling by the wayside. Do they really need what Jones brings to the table?

I love Chris Jones and want him back in the league asap, every other coach is boring in comparison, especially Milanovich.  With Ed Hervey working behind the curtain, I can believe this is going to happen.

Sir Blue and Gold

He used to be a great defensive coordinator and was a really good X's and O's guy. Had a lot of success with with match zone defense and all those creative pressure looks.

No idea what happened. If he can get back to that he could probably be a really successful defensive coordinator but I wouldn't let him near the controls of a franchise again.

dd

I hope this comes to be. Hamilton's defense is brutal, he'd turn that around

pdirks67

In wrestling terms, he's a great "heel".

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: dd on August 18, 2024, 07:16:55 PMI hope this comes to be. Hamilton's defense is brutal, he'd turn that around
would he? Like the Elks D was so great right? :D
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

The Zipp

Jeff Hamilton makes a good point:

It's so 2024 Hamilton Tiger-Cats to try and improve your league-worst defence by adding the man responsible for the CFL's second-worst defence. This whole Scott Milanovich experiment is a disaster.

The Zipp

Confirmed by Farhan:

Hearing that Mark Washington has been relieved of his duties as #TiCats DC. Chris Jones will take over, per sources. @SportsCentre

dd

Wow, Washington has been around a long time, and through the good years....all of a sudden he forgot how to coach???!!!They need a whole house cleaning in Hamilton and that includes their scouting department.

Their overall talent level is brutal. Gone are the speedy B days and Bralon Addison days, and they've replaced them with nothing noteworthy. Their secondary is horrible. I see them bringing in NFL cuts and overhauling this roster, and that may well include Milanovich himself. Trouble is, that would mean Jones is the heir apparent, and just look at Edmonton to see how that one plays out!!! Trouble in steel town for sure.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: The Zipp on August 18, 2024, 11:06:40 PMConfirmed by Farhan:

Hearing that Mark Washington has been relieved of his duties as #TiCats DC. Chris Jones will take over, per sources. @SportsCentre

Chris Jones immediately upon entering the locker room, "How many of you played in the NFL? Alright. Meet your new starting defense. We're going with three guys to start and the rest of you can rotate."

dd

I m thinking after last game the ticat players were saying this is rock bottom, how much worse can it get, and then this happens and there's a collective 'ah sh*t' from the locker room!!

TecnoGenius

How come these teams always pick the week right before WPG plays them to make these drastic changes?
Never go full Rider!

TBURGESS

Chris Jones was a great DC, but I didn't think he'd get another CFL gig, especially this soon.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.