“It feels like Christmas. It feels like my birthday.”

Started by ModAdmin, August 15, 2024, 09:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Celestin Haba sounds ready to go.  Also includes information on the Manitoba Hall of Fame Inductees...

"It feels like Christmas. It feels like my birthday." - Ed Tait

..."It feels like Christmas," began (Celestin) Haba with a massive grin after practice Wednesday. "It feels like my birthday — my birthday is in three days (on Friday) — so this is my birthday present to be out here playing with my teammates, to be out here with my coaches playing football.

"Being around the guys gives me a different kind of energy. It's a pleasure to be out here, I'm grateful to be out here because I could be anywhere else right now. To be out here, I'm honoured. When I'm not out here with them I almost feel like I have no purpose. Then when I'm out here everything comes together. I'm with the guys. I'm with the coaches and everything feels real, if that makes sense.

"That's the power of being on a team — especially in Winnipeg and especially with the Blue Bombers..."

https://www.bluebombers.com/2024/08/14/it-feels-like-christmas-it-feels-like-my-birthday/
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

TecnoGenius

MB HoF:

Bradbury: not sure that will be a popular pick with WPG fans at the moment!  He's been leader of command for a few of the horribly bad decisions.  Plus, aren't there optics issues here?  Shouldn't we wait until he's fully retired?
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 16, 2024, 01:55:31 AMMB HoF:

Bradbury: not sure that will be a popular pick with WPG fans at the moment!  He's been leader of command for a few of the horribly bad decisions.  Plus, aren't there optics issues here?  Shouldn't we wait until he's fully retired?
Good grief!
Go Bombers!