Als at Riders GDT Fri 8pm CT

Started by gobombersgo, August 15, 2024, 08:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCM

Quote from: Go_Big_D on August 17, 2024, 04:39:04 AMur not accounting for the camera angle..none of the replays were definitive from above to say he was OOB
I am. That's why I know he was OOB, because the overhead shot camera angle they showed, shows him going OOB. You're not going to convince me and everyone else out there saying the same thing that he wasn't.

CC gets it wrong yet again.
Twitch Account: Here - Website: Here

dd

Bottom line riders lose the game, which is all that matters. Nothing was conclusive, so they went with the call on the field which is the right thing to do.

Never seen so many people get bit out of shape because call didn't go the riders way...remember when we played them and got jobbed, well this is just the law of averages catching up to them. Boo hoo cryers boo hoo

Love your kicker by the way. How is that guy still got a job!?!don't blame the refs for shame you should have clearly won if you had a decent kicker. Ha ha!!

theaardvark

The call on the field stands.

Unless significant evidence to overturn exists.

If you have to zoom in, if you have to go super slow mo, then significant evidence does not exist to overturn. 

If they has said he was out on the field, that would have stood as well.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: bomb squad on August 17, 2024, 01:37:01 PMI would be fine with it, but I just don't think it's necessary. Take a look at what you have, make a decision. If nothing jumps out at you. Stick with the call. Keep it simple. A lot of other people don't like the delays. We hear from them a lot. And they're going to hear from people anyway, no matter what they do.

What if "he's OOB" does jump out at you when you shuttle the frames and you still call a TD because you are forbidden from using frame-level data?

That's what we're dealing with here.  Command is saying to ignore what you see if you can't see it in realtime.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 17, 2024, 02:19:14 PMLol this is going to sound rude but they are doing it real time with usually 15-20 seconds to work with live on air across the country. You're doing it in your basement from midnight to 6 am two hours after the game is over.

It's not rude, it's a valid question.  And a good one.

My tech doesn't calc the keyframes until about 5 mins after the play.  But pro tech, like command center has, does it immediately.  They can jog shuttle frames instantly on any of the feeds.

If I had the same tech (which I effectively do but after that delay), I could, within 10s, prove his foot was out.  I just eyeball the angle that livetime gives the best "he's out" view, and jog shuttle a few frames at that point.  10 seconds.

This has nothing to do with delay.

The reason I waited until so late to post my frames is because I thought everyone else on Riderfans and Twitter would post them all for me (maybe with 4k tech instead of my 1k tech).  When I saw that the only stuff being posted was horrible cell-phone-pic-of-tv pics, I then took it upon myself to make sure there was some accurate record of what really happened.

I want it to be clear to the whole world that 100% his foot is out with zero question.  That is so we can argue the REAL issue here: do we like the new command standard of purposely getting things "wrong" because they ignore freezeframe.
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 18, 2024, 03:14:25 AMIt's not rude, it's a valid question.  And a good one.

My tech doesn't calc the keyframes until about 5 mins after the play.  But pro tech, like command center has, does it immediately.  They can jog shuttle frames instantly on any of the feeds.

If I had the same tech (which I effectively do but after that delay), I could, within 10s, prove his foot was out.  I just eyeball the angle that livetime gives the best "he's out" view, and jog shuttle a few frames at that point.  10 seconds.

This has nothing to do with delay.

The reason I waited until so late to post my frames is because I thought everyone else on Riderfans and Twitter would post them all for me (maybe with 4k tech instead of my 1k tech).  When I saw that the only stuff being posted was horrible cell-phone-pic-of-tv pics, I then took it upon myself to make sure there was some accurate record of what really happened.

I want it to be clear to the whole world that 100% his foot is out with zero question.  That is so we can argue the REAL issue here: do we like the new command standard of purposely getting things "wrong" because they ignore freezeframe.

Thanks for going through the trouble to do this. I appreciate it as I am sure many others do as well. I always thought the whole point was "to get it right"!
Go Bombers!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: peg_city on August 17, 2024, 02:27:10 PMI'm wondering if the point is moot, because the Als then kick a field goal tie the game, and we go to overtime only for Lauther to miss a field goal.

Possible.  However, with 0.5-1.0Y to go, I think MTL goes for it on 3rd and still gets a TD from the 5.

Plus, if SSK needs just 1 to win, Lauther could do a boomer FG attempt with no regard for accuracy.  Get the rouge from 45 and win.

Since SSK outplayed MTL all night long (lost due to FG misses and a KR TD), I actually think SSK wins in OT.  Dink & dunk MTL from the 35 and win.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on August 17, 2024, 07:29:51 PMBottom line riders lose the game, which is all that matters. Nothing was conclusive, so they went with the call on the field which is the right thing to do.

It was conclusive he was out, but not in realtime.  So they upheld the call.

It's a valid position to agree with command's new paradigm, and if so, vote NO on the http://forums.bluebombers.com/index.php?topic=55931.0 poll.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on August 17, 2024, 08:34:02 PMThe call on the field stands.

Unless significant evidence to overturn exists.

If you have to zoom in, if you have to go super slow mo, then significant evidence does not exist to overturn. 

If they has said he was out on the field, that would have stood as well.

This is 100% correct.

At least we are starting to understand this brave new CFL command world.  I personally don't like it, but if the are now going to be consistent with it, I can adjust.  I'm just not sure the fan uproar about these "new" calls will allow them to continue with it.

Can you imagine a GC being won in a similar way by a reviewed call that 100% is clearly wrong in freezeframe?  You better believe that is coming soon...
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

New video clip to augment my stills:

https://x.com/_fivebeerplan/status/1824662225602437226?t=ADdlYxrqzTtb8w5h9oBVxw&s=19

NOTE: this video is not made or posted by me, I'm just passing it on, I cannot vouch for it but it seems to accurately show the situation.  Playing it in reverse was a good idea.
Never go full Rider!

gobombersgo

Quote from: Pete on August 17, 2024, 03:17:31 PMsaw a quote on the other forum that was great....
the rider fans are being concerned about the wrong foot...
(wasn't the one that may or may not have been out of bounds)

CFL Today   @CFL_Today  Aug 16
Attention all Rider fans, this is the foot you should be more concerned about....just saying.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: gobombersgo on August 18, 2024, 06:51:06 AMAttention all Rider fans, this is the foot you should be more concerned about....just saying.

Also: why is Alexander not wearing socks (or at least ones that go above his ankle) and the top of his shoes are so loose?  Not sure I've seen that before.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 18, 2024, 06:01:24 AMNew video clip to augment my stills:

https://x.com/_fivebeerplan/status/1824662225602437226?t=ADdlYxrqzTtb8w5h9oBVxw&s=19

NOTE: this video is not made or posted by me, I'm just passing it on, I cannot vouch for it but it seems to accurately show the situation.  Playing it in reverse was a good idea.

I have no doubt that image could be altered.

dd

Quote from: gobombersgo on August 18, 2024, 06:51:06 AMCFL Today   @CFL_Today  Aug 16
Attention all Rider fans, this is the foot you should be more concerned about....just saying.

Exactly right. Try making some field goals and you wouldn't have to rely on the refs for the win.

blue_gold_84

Had Lauther made just two more of his FGs, the Riders likely win on Friday night. He cost his team the game, IMO.

But they didn't - and everyone outside of the rectangle province liked that.

(and yes, Alexander's foot does appear to be out of bounds)
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.