Als at Riders GDT Fri 8pm CT

Started by gobombersgo, August 15, 2024, 08:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Go_Big_D

alexander sure does make a heck of a second string QB!

Go_Big_D

Quote from: pdirks67 on August 17, 2024, 04:18:05 AM100%. His foot sure seems to slide to the right AFTER the frozen frame. But, whatever, the result is great for us.

what replay shows that...none from TSN!!

TecnoGenius

Comp PVR got the frames calculated.

Alexander was 100% OOB and you can see it on the live overhead shot and the TSN freeze-forever replay.  The problem isn't where they froze it, it's when they jump from frozen to full speed (on purpose).  A couple of frames in and 100% his foot is out enough after a few frames.  But maybe by only 1 inch.

I think command stuck with its new rule of "clear in livetime" and ignored it.  However, I did spot it live in realtime but couldn't be sure.  I guess ref made a judgement and it doesn't matter he was wrong.
Never go full Rider!

Go_Big_D

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 17, 2024, 04:26:55 AMAh, right!  You bet, what a bad kick.  We all knew it was gonna miss.  You can't fix a headcase kicker in-game.  You must let them rest and recover mentally.

whats your opine on alexander the QB for montreal?

DCM

I saw it in real time and was like ? and then they showed us like five replays and an overhead shot and I'm like, he is OOB. What are we looking at here? Smh.
Twitch Account: Here - Website: Here

TecnoGenius

However, Alexander had the ball to within 0.5 to 1.0 yards away from the 1st down when he stepped out (he's leaning forward heavily).

MTL could sneak for 1st with 30s left and have plenty of time from 1st & goal.  MTL might have still pulled it off.

Even Dom wouldn't have screwed up a 3rd & half at that juncture.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

What makes me a bit mad is the "lie by omission" of TSN of not showing the frames that matter.  I get that they want big scores and plays for the fans across the country, and they always want "more O"... but I'd prefer they don't disrespect the home fans in this manner.
Never go full Rider!

DCM

Quote from: Go_Big_D on August 17, 2024, 04:31:42 AMwhat replay shows that...none from TSN!!
Actually every single replay showed me that he stepped out. TSN tried to freeze frame it to benefit Montreal but it's not hard to spot when it happens.
Twitch Account: Here - Website: Here

Blueforlife

Both clubs took silly penalties

Sask could unravel from here but they have the talent

Go_Big_D

Quote from: DCM on August 17, 2024, 04:35:13 AMActually every single replay showed me that he stepped out. TSN tried to freeze frame it to benefit Montreal but it's not hard to spot when it happens.

ur not accounting for the camera angle..none of the replays were definitive from above to say he was OOB

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Go_Big_D on August 17, 2024, 04:33:11 AMwhats your opine on alexander the QB for montreal?

He had a ton of trouble in the 2nd H when SSK clearly figured him out.  But this happens to every rookie after a few games of film.

His final game winning drive was penalty-aided and only salvaged due to his scrambling.  Every mobile QB like Ford/Powell can do that.  I'm not impressed by his TD dance.

But he did show patience on some short game stuff, so that is a plus.  Calvillo bailed him out with a brilliant call to an uncovered snuck-out Fletcher.

In sum: jury is still out.  He's at the critical juncture in his rookie season.  We'll only know after a few more games.  I think Dru showed better in his first few chances.  My gut says he's gonna be good, but could be a Jennings: good for 0-2 seasons then total suckage when given a starter job.
Never go full Rider!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 17, 2024, 04:35:06 AMWhat makes me a bit mad is the "lie by omission" of TSN of not showing the frames that matter.  I get that they want big scores and plays for the fans across the country, and they always want "more O"... but I'd prefer they don't disrespect the home fans in this manner.

Not everything is a big conspiracy. The production truck has to cue things up in real time with a 20 second play clock. Do you know how a production is run? Several camera feeds and angles are in a truck on a ton of monitors. A producer/director over a headset tells a switcher which camera to show live and when, inckuding replay playback which is also shown on monitors to the guy before it goes out. In the truck it's frenetic "standby camera 1, go 1, standby 4, go 4, etc"   The standby command tells the operator to not move the camera.anymore because he likes the shot. The go tells the switcher to cut to it live.

There is no time to decide to conceal things or protect the league or any of that. If you sat in the truck, you'd know.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Go_Big_D on August 17, 2024, 04:39:04 AMur not accounting for the camera angle..none of the replays were definitive from above to say he was OOB

Trust me, I could post 3 separate shots of his foot 100% clearly out by an inch.
Never go full Rider!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 17, 2024, 04:44:53 AMTrust me, I could post 3 separate shots of his foot 100% clearly out by an inch.

It might be out but it's not TSN's fault. The command centre needs to decide whether to slow the game down and wait for all kinds of replays to come in or not. They probably saw the tsn shot we all saw that looked in and then said keep playing.

Hard to blame them for that. They've been apparently told.to interfere less and there's a ref staring right at it. They have a reply that looks clean.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 17, 2024, 04:42:02 AMThere is no time to decide to conceal things or protect the league or any of that. If you sat in the truck, you'd know.

I guarantee you are wrong because they do it so often.  I have way worse home tech here and I can instantly cue up and freezeframe.  All they had to do with that frame of his foot being "good" was jog-shuttle 3 more frames to clearly see he's out.

TSN tries to make CFL look good and everyone knows the name of the TV ratings is MORE O, MORE SCORING.

I'm not some magic guy with magic eyes and better tech.  As others have said, a lot of peoples' radar was pinging even on the live shot.  We'll assume the TSN director isn't mentally or optically deficient.
Never go full Rider!