TiCats at Als GDT Sat 6pm CT

Started by gobombersgo, August 10, 2024, 12:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J5V

What a crappy kick by Liegghio. I don't miss that guy at all.
Go Bombers!

dd

Ticats defense can't stop the run to save their souls.

TecnoGenius

So I get home from dinner and what's on the PVR?  Golf.  golf.  golf.  Just like last year, we're treated to TSN screwing up the schedules for golf.

Ya so it looks like it was golf for the whole 1st half.  So I'm waiting until midnight to start watching the replay from the beginning.

Disappointed, TSN!
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: J5V on August 11, 2024, 01:21:16 AMPowell has played well since replacing BLM. They are moving the ball although the deficit may be too large. BLM may not play again for this team.

Yah I like Powell, he seems smart and reminds me of a young Collaros the way he throws on the roll out, he has plenty of time to develop into a good young starter.  Would love to have him as #2 but the only way to get him here might be to trade the Ti-Cats Zach!

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

gobombersgo

Matthew Scianitti   @TSNScianitti
Scott Milanovich says Taylor Powell will start next week vs Edmonton. Bo Levi Mitchell did not want to speak on camera post game

ichabod_crane

Quote from: dd on August 11, 2024, 01:06:24 AMHe hasn't had anything in his tank for 2 years now. I can't believe Hamilton went with him as their starter, they should have went after brown.

2 Years? More like 4+ years! He got his throwing shoulder badly injured in 2019 and has been a shadow of himself since then. Bombers beat Calgary in the semi-final game in 2019 IN CALGARY which is almost unheard of in any era! :) Bo Diddley is done outside of a backup role. He had his run though so props to him.

I've been saying since pre-season Hamilton is worst team in the league. They only need to play Edmonton again to confirm it. They beat Elks in their first matchup only a few weeks ago, but the changeover from Chris Jones had not fully ran through the Elks team by then and the starting QB was still MBT in that game.

Blue In BC

Quote from: gobombersgo on August 11, 2024, 05:30:01 AMMatthew Scianitti   @TSNScianitti
Scott Milanovich says Taylor Powell will start next week vs Edmonton. Bo Levi Mitchell did not want to speak on camera post game

They should have made this move weeks ago so that BLM could have been released. Past veteran cut date so they're stuck with his salary. Unless another team is looking to trade for him? I can't imagine that but it was strange to pull him after 2 series.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

TBURGESS

This is the best year that BLM's had in several years. He's leading the league in passing yards and passing TD's.  He's not the problem in Hammy this year. 
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

dd

Quote from: TBURGESS on August 11, 2024, 03:11:13 PMThis is the best year that BLM's had in several years. He's leading the league in passing yards and passing TD's.  He's not the problem in Hammy this year.
That's my thoughts as well. I ve never been a big fan of his, but heck, he isn't the problem on their offense. Their offense just sucks. First series told everything...receiver goes way offside and kills the play then BLM checks down to their fullback who promptly fumbles the ball away getting tackled—and it was put a bone jarring hit either.then there was the snap over Powell s head on his first play for a safety and then there was the one play where the ticat player literally ran into his teammate carrying the ball and fell down. They are the laughing stock of the league and the Elks will destroy them next week to prove that.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TBURGESS on August 11, 2024, 03:11:13 PMThis is the best year that BLM's had in several years. He's leading the league in passing yards and passing TD's.  He's not the problem in Hammy this year.

Agree, Milanovich has good player personnel at his disposal but for years now the Ti-Cats have underperformed.  It's almost as if they expect to lose every game and there's no reason they should, they play with a flaccid attitude which emanates from the top.

Blue In BC

BLM has missed about 35 games in the last 5 years after only missing 3 in the 1st 8 years of his career.

He'll be turning 35 before next season. He's not the future and it's probably the TiCats miss the playoffs again this season. While it's not all his fault, the organization needs to move forward in order to create encouragement for the team.

Powell may not be the future either but they need to make that determination now.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

Quote from: J5V on August 11, 2024, 01:21:16 AMPowell has played well since replacing BLM. They are moving the ball although the deficit may be too large. BLM may not play again for this team.

I'm surprised how much better Powell looked compared to last season.  He could yet dev into a good starter.  Maybe another 2-3 seasons?

Ya, MTL was playing soft/prevent when he first came in, but once they started getting closer in score he was still decent when MTL started amping things up.

He was showing great patience and much better read security to avoid the MTL INT machine.
Never go full Rider!