TiCats at Als GDT Sat 6pm CT

Started by gobombersgo, August 10, 2024, 12:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobombersgo

gobombersgo

Ticats without star corner Jamal Peters for rematch with Montreal
By 3Down Staff -August 9, 2024

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats will be down a lockdown corner for Saturday's rematch with the Montreal Alouettes.

Jamal Peters (thigh) has been placed on the one-game injured list and will not be able to avenge his team's Week 9 loss. The 27-year-old defensive back was Hamilton's prized offseason acquisition after three outstanding seasons with the rival Toronto Argonauts and became the CFL's highest-paid corner in the process. Through seven games this season, he has 13 defensive tackles, three special teams tackles, and two interceptions.

Kordell Rodgers will step in at boundary cornerback in his Ticat debut. The five-foot-eleven, 175-pound native of Lufkin, Texas dressed for 12 games with the Montreal Alouettes last year, making nine starts at boundary cornerback and two starts at field-side cornerback. He recorded 37 defensive tackles and two interceptions.

On the opposite side of the ball, veteran left tackle Joel Figueroa will start for the first time this season after nursing a shoulder injury for the first eight games. The 35-year-old played just five games in 2023 after joining the Ticats in free agency as the league's highest-priced blindside protector. Rookie Brendan Bordner will be a healthy scratch after helping down the fort to begin the year.

Rounding out the roster moves is the addition of rookie Canadian defensive end Luke Brubacher. Veteran Benoit Marion will be a healthy scratch.

https://3downnation.com/2024/08/09/ticats-without-star-corner-jamal-peters-for-rematch-with-montreal/

gobombersgo

QB Davis Alexander lands second start for Alouettes with Cody Fajardo still limited
By 3Down Staff -August 9, 2024

The Montreal Alouettes are rolling with Davis Alexander under centre for another week.

The 25-year-old was a full participant in practice this week despite a minor hip injury and will make his second career start on Saturday against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. In six quarters of action since taking the reins at halftime in Week 8, he has completed 34-of-45 passes for 440 yards, three touchdowns, and an interception.

Face of the franchise Cody Fajardo was taken off the six-game injured list two weeks ago but remains limited in practice with a hamstring issue. He will miss his third straight contest this week.

The Alouettes will endure a change to their quarterback depth chart after backup Caleb Evans sustained a season-ending knee injury last week. Veteran Dominique Davis, who was signed on Tuesday, will draw into the lineup to handle short-yardage duties, while rookie James Morgan earned promotion to the primary backup job behind Alexander.

The QB shuffle is the only change to Montreal's game-day roster from last week's 33-16 victory over Hamilton.

https://3downnation.com/2024/08/09/qb-davis-alexander-lands-second-start-for-alouettes-with-cody-fajardo-still-limited/

J5V

Ticats off to a brutal start in this game. First two possessions, two turnovers. Now BLM has been pulled and the Ticat gong show continues.
Go Bombers!

The Zipp

Disaster start for ticats

Bo is benched after a pick

J5V

Ticats have to be the worst team in the league.
Go Bombers!

J5V

At least Hammies D is giving Alexander fits.
Go Bombers!

J5V

Hard to believe the Ticats would be blaming BLM for their struggles. I think they just switched up QBs to try to get a spark. I expect to see BLM back in this one.
Go Bombers!

theaardvark

Dang PVR recorded golf...  I hate TSN
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

J5V

Wow! Where have we seen that before? Liegghio hits the upright.
Go Bombers!

55StickCar

Quote from: J5V on August 10, 2024, 11:42:33 PMWow! Where have we seen that before? Liegghio hits the upright.
Is it just me or has the CFL been brutal this year on all aspects.

J5V

Do we have a QB controversy brewing in Montreal? Alexander looking like he might be better than Fajardo.
Go Bombers!

markf

hamilton d player trash talking right after als score a t.d.

seems like they have always been that way. dumb.

J5V

Ticats are actually lucky to only be down 16-0.
Go Bombers!