Bombers Playoff Chances

Started by J5V, August 10, 2024, 03:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on August 10, 2024, 04:51:02 PMThat one point the riders got gifted is huge for them.

I look it as the one point command stole from SSK is a huge gift for us!  SSK basically had that game wrapped up.  Saskfans is mega angry.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: J5V on August 10, 2024, 07:45:53 PM

Is that VAJ laying on the ground injured under our guys in that pic??  Talk about rubbing salt in the wound if true!
Never go full Rider!

ichabod_crane

Quote from: J5V on August 10, 2024, 06:56:08 PMOur last game of the regular season is against the Als. If it comes down to us needing that win we could be in tough. Then again, if our goal is to win it all, which I'm sure it is, then that game would be a great test and beating the Als to make the playoffs would be a great way to start a playoff run. There is also a chance that the Als will be chilled out by then and resting starters which would also play in our favour.

Al's probably sitting a ton of players as you state if they have first place wrapped up by then or even a solidified playoff spot they cannot improve on.

BomberFan73

Are we back on the field tomorrow? 

pdirks67

I love the swagger in this thread. Having said that, I think it will be tough to secure a home playoff game this season. I'm just hoping that we can sneak in ahead of the Stamps. If we can make it in, and our D continues to gel, I don't think anyone will want to play us in the playoffs, home or away.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: pdirks67 on August 11, 2024, 08:57:09 PMI love the swagger in this thread. Having said that, I think it will be tough to secure a home playoff game this season. I'm just hoping that we can sneak in ahead of the Stamps. If we can make it in, and our D continues to gel, I don't think anyone will want to play us in the playoffs, home or away.

Shouldn't be any swagger from anyone in Wpg, the team has played inconsistently this season and hasn't yet proven they don't have any stinkers left in their bag of tricks. If they can win the next 4 in a row that would demonstrate they're back on the right track. This season any playoff spot will do.

Jesse

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 11, 2024, 09:27:40 PMShouldn't be any swagger from anyone in Wpg, the team has played inconsistently this season and hasn't yet proven they don't have any stinkers left in their bag of tricks. If they can win the next 4 in a row that would demonstrate they're back on the right track. This season any playoff spot will do.

Well, I disagree with all of this.
My wife is amazing!

gobombersgo

Quote from: BomberFan73 on August 11, 2024, 06:51:47 PMAre we back on the field tomorrow? 

This is no official practice on Monday.

My guess is their practice week will start on Tuesday with an extra day of practice (game on Sunday).

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Jesse on August 11, 2024, 09:28:58 PMWell, I disagree with all of this.

You think they're over the hump and going to have smooth sailing the rest of the way?

Jesse

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 11, 2024, 10:00:54 PMYou think they're over the hump and going to have smooth sailing the rest of the way?

I think if they don't believe they are and play with some swagger then we are finished.

I think our defence has played great all year and Zach's been dealing with an all new OL and receiver core for half a season and we're seeing slow, predictable progress.

I think Brady was injured for all of TC and we've only seen him back for the past 4 games or so.

I think no one has run away with the west and we're only 2 games out of a home play-off spot.

I think the last half of our schedule is far more reasonable than our first 10 week gauntlet.

I think there are far more reasons to be optimistic than to be concerned.
My wife is amazing!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Jesse on August 11, 2024, 10:53:34 PMI think if they don't believe they are and play with some swagger then we are finished.

I think our defence has played great all year and Zach's been dealing with an all new OL and receiver core for half a season and we're seeing slow, predictable progress.

I think Brady was injured for all of TC and we've only seen him back for the past 4 games or so.

I think no one has run away with the west and we're only 2 games out of a home play-off spot.

I think the last half of our schedule is far more reasonable than our first 10 week gauntlet.

I think there are far more reasons to be optimistic than to be concerned.

I sincerely hope you're right, just seems some games Zach shows up with a hangover and nothing much goes right. UNPREDICTBLE which games they will underperform the last 2 seasons.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 12, 2024, 12:36:30 AMI sincerely hope you're right, just seems some games Zach shows up with a hangover and nothing much goes right. UNPREDICTBLE which games they will underperform the last 2 seasons.
I agree....and despite our so called "resurgence" as of late....we have a long way to go just to be a .500 team.    With the Elks now coming on the West just gets more competition and Zach has yet to string some good games together.   He did look to be in great form against the Lions....now he needs to get on a roll.    If he does, I like our chances.
Bomber fan for life

J5V

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on August 12, 2024, 01:30:21 AMI agree....and despite our so called "resurgence" as of late....we have a long way to go just to be a .500 team.    With the Elks now coming on the West just gets more competition and Zach has yet to string some good games together.   He did look to be in great form against the Lions....now he needs to get on a roll.    If he does, I like our chances.
The door is being held wide open for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers to march right into a playoff spot. BC, Sask, and Calgary have all dropped off from their early starts and their lead in the West is evaporating. If the Bombers can get on a roll look out! This could be a very interesting second half.
Go Bombers!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: J5V on August 12, 2024, 01:44:36 AMThe door is being held wide open for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers to march right into a playoff spot. BC, Sask, and Calgary have all dropped off from their early starts and their lead in the West is evaporating. If the Bombers can get on a roll look out! This could be a very interesting second half.

The opportunity is there, they just need to execute.

ichabod_crane

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 12, 2024, 02:43:18 AMThe opportunity is there, they just need to execute.

Agree the oppourtunity is definitely there especially after this past weekends results and aftermath of injuries and momentum. Now it's up to these Bomber players and coaches to execute and make it happen.

I am quite optimistic they WILL the playoffs now, but whether they finish in the 1 to 3 seed is the question. I don't see Hamilton having any chance of a cross over berth as they are a horrible team. Now they boot BO out for some reason?!.....musical chairs it seems in Steeltown. Maybe they hired Chris Jones in secret to "help" them out! :D