Rider at Redblacks GDT 6:30pm

Started by GOLDMEMBER, August 08, 2024, 08:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TBURGESS

Quote from: J5V on August 10, 2024, 05:31:27 PMWhich if achieved, does not require us to win the season series.
We now need one extra win against those two teams to beat them. The season series is a red herring.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

J5V

Quote from: TBURGESS on August 10, 2024, 06:07:11 PMWe now need one extra win against those two teams to beat them. The season series is a red herring.
True. Against the Riders it is. But not the Stamps, Elks, and/or Lions. It's very important to win the season series against those clubs in case of a tie.
Go Bombers!

Sir Blue and Gold

You can look at it both ways. A tie gets you one point which is as good as a loss if the team ahead of you has an extra win.

theaardvark

Single point is like giving each team the win, when all is said and done.  One point is just about as good as 2.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: TBURGESS on August 10, 2024, 02:45:55 PMThe single point in the standings means a lot. It means we can't tie Regina or Ottawa, we need an extra win to be 1 point ahead of them.

SSK could tie another game...

You could also look at your statement as SSK needs an extra win to be 1 point ahead of us!
Never go full Rider!

blue_or_die

To all the people satisfied with a tie: you're clearly missing how hard on the eyes it is to see "x-y-1" in the standings when everyone else is "x-y".

I cannot excuse the buffoonery.
#Ride?

TecnoGenius

Quote from: blue_or_die on August 11, 2024, 05:17:25 AMTo all the people satisfied with a tie: you're clearly missing how hard on the eyes it is to see "x-y-1" in the standings when everyone else is "x-y".

Then how about this... the team with the last possession in OT2 is forbidden from kicking a FG.  The usual OT2 tie tie is FG/FG.  So if team A gets FG, team B has to either get nothing and lose, or get TD and win.

Ya, not really fair, but it'll make the OT coin toss far more interesting!!
Never go full Rider!

gobombersgo

If the league wants to eliminate ties they shud just do what US college does.

If the score is still tied after the 2 possessions then teams alternate taking 2 point attempts until there is a winner.

TBURGESS

Overtime was created to get rid of most ties. We don't need more weird rules to get rid of the very few ties that are still around after two OT's. 

Quite frankly, I'd be happy to get rid of OT in regular season and just give out the single points at the end of the games. 

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TBURGESS on August 11, 2024, 03:08:43 PMOvertime was created to get rid of most ties. We don't need more weird rules to get rid of the very few ties that are still around after two OT's.

Quite frankly, I'd be happy to get rid of OT in regular season and just give out the single points at the end of the games.

I wonder if the players receive extra pay for playing in OT games?  Too many OT games in one season and the CFLPA might re-examine player compensation and make it an issue.

DCM

@TheSuperAJ
Jeremiah Masoli taking 1st team reps at @REDBLACKS practice. Dru Brown on the field in a practice jersey and no walking boot. But not physically active.
Twitch Account: Here - Website: Here

Cool Spot

QuoteThe single point in the standings means a lot. It means we can't tie Regina or Ottawa, we need an extra win to be 1 point ahead of them.
Quote from: J5V on August 10, 2024, 05:31:27 PMWhich if achieved, does not require us to win the season series.

Since Ottawa is in the east and Winnipeg is in the west, wouldn't Winnipeg need to finish ahead of Ottawa in the points-standing (or any other eastern team)? I thought it was a rule that for a crossover playoff spot, the team crossing over needs to finish ahead in the standings.

Blue In BC

Quote from: DCM on August 11, 2024, 04:16:13 PM@TheSuperAJ
Jeremiah Masoli taking 1st team reps at @REDBLACKS practice. Dru Brown on the field in a practice jersey and no walking boot. But not physically active.

As expected unfortunately. IIRC I saw brown on the sidelines in the boot and with crutches. Obviously that was just to make it easier and cause further damage. I didn't take that as a good sign for this week.

Hopefully he is able to return shortly but an ankle sprain can be a problem for an extended time. Just look at our 6 game IR.

I don't know whether he gets moved to 6 game IR this week, so that's a pending situation.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

blue_or_die

Quote from: TBURGESS on August 11, 2024, 03:08:43 PMOvertime was created to get rid of most ties. We don't need more weird rules to get rid of the very few ties that are still around after two OT's.

Your worst take yet. Congratulations.
#Ride?

TBURGESS

Quote from: blue_or_die on August 11, 2024, 09:52:48 PMYour worst take yet. Congratulations.
Thanks. It means a lot coming from you.