Bombers 2024 CFL Draft and Scouting

Started by Pigskin, August 06, 2024, 04:23:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Bombers started off with an excellent 2024 draft.

Clercius   #13
Chris-Ike. #14 
Wallace.   #17
Hubert.    #73

All of these players have been on the AR on a regular basis and have the tools to have a long CFL career.

Then there's our FA signings.

Bonds, Wilson, Adams, Ayers, Woods, and Garbutt, have all been very good additions to our team.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

TecnoGenius

Those 3 guys were all in that packed 2nd round.  I think KW made a masterful move doing that trade (with CGY?).

Anyone remember who CGY took with our 1st round pick?  I'm curious to see how it's worked out from their point of view...
Never go full Rider!

The Zipp

our injury problems have likely led us to the play these rookies vs other teams that have their picks on the PR...i did a quick scan of the draft and yah our picks are playing and other teams' are not.

Ajou at 59 is likely the pick of the year so far...we passed on him for local guy:

GASSAMA, Abdul-Karim

Overall decent draft and we should be giving Nichols a bonus for finding Bonds.

theaardvark

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 06, 2024, 05:58:46 AMThose 3 guys were all in that packed 2nd round.  I think KW made a masterful move doing that trade (with CGY?).

Anyone remember who CGY took with our 1st round pick?  I'm curious to see how it's worked out from their point of view...

Christy Nkanu, who is currently their starting RG
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

CrazyCanuck89

The mid to late round steals seem to be the story of the draft.

Blackburn in TO
Beaulieu in BC
Hubert in WIN
Ajou in SASK
Sambu(drafted by TO) in Calgary

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on August 06, 2024, 04:27:26 PMChristy Nkanu, who is currently their starting RG

Is he any good?  As a whole, I wouldn't say CGY's OL has been anything better than middling.
Never go full Rider!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 07, 2024, 02:48:18 AMIs he any good?  As a whole, I wouldn't say CGY's OL has been anything better than middling.

If he's starting in year one they obviously like him.