Argos at Stampeders GDT 6pm central

Started by GOLDMEMBER, August 04, 2024, 12:52:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

To say this is an important game for the Blue Bombers is an understatement.

Hopefully the Argos show up.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blueforlife

Jesse

I don't have much faith in the Arblows, tbh.
My wife is amazing!

J5V

The Argos are good against the run and the Stamps are without their RB, Mills, so that may play in the Argos favour. Can Maier outduel Dukes? Maybe although the Argo secondary can be tough. I do believe the Argos are better than the Stamps. Really hoping for back-to-back Argo victories to put the Stamps at 6 losses and move the Bombers alone into third place.

We are in a bye this week so all we can do at this point is watch the scoreboard and hope for help.

1 BC 5 3
2 Saskatchewan 5 3
3 Calgary 3 4
4 Winnipeg 3 6
5 Edmonton 1 7
Go Bombers!

gobombersgo

Lots of changes for the Stamps:

markonfootball   @Markonfootball
Stampeder roster notes; August 4, 2024   

Add to roster: 
DL Sambu 
WR Hyman 
DL Thomas 
OL Demery
WR Barnes 
DB Reed 
LB D. Wiliams   

Remove:
To 1-game:DB Labrosse, DL Wiley 
To 6-game:OL Z. Williams 
To PR:OL Smith,WR JOHN
Suspended:RB Mills 
Released:DB Randle

gobombersgo

David Morassutti   @d_morassutti
Wynton McManis has been placed on the 6-game injured list. Obviously he can be taken off if need be but it's still a daunting task to replace him.

gobombersgo

Argos
In:
7 DL Folarin Orimolade
34 DB Kerfalla Exume

Out:
48 LB Wynton McManis - to 6 game
90 DE Thiadric Hansen - to 6 game

DM83

Toronto appears to have some problems in the injury front. McMannis was a rock for them. Hansen back on, the injury list. Tough game.

Blueforlife

Battle of a couple of nicked up teams.  Maybe the Bombers can stay healthy now and keep winning.

GOLDMEMBER

McManus out is a massive loss. Ouch!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blue In BC

No running back against no MLB. Stamps have a better passing attack but Argos defence is better IMO. Not sure how this works out but hoping for an Argo win.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

DM83

Maier can't  get 200 yards passing. Who are calgarys receivers?  All of a sudden Bombers have an All Star receiving core.

Just a comment: this  last game plan was similar to how. The team played in 19.  Dink and dunk, great running game and then hit the odd mid range or kill shot. Coupled with a crazy defense.  Bighill had a great game.  This new guy Jones looks like an All Star. Even Willie looked hungry and accountable.  What a great game.

Nice to see it coming together.  Huge improvement by Johnson.  Does Lucky on short passes in space really scare the crap out of. The defenses? Well it looked like they could not cover him with LBs. 

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: DM83 on August 04, 2024, 05:12:13 PMMaier can't  get 200 yards passing. Who are calgarys receivers?  All of a sudden Bombers have an All Star receiving core.

Just a comment: this  last game plan was similar to how. The team played in 19.  Dink and dunk, great running game and then hit the odd mid range or kill shot. Coupled with a crazy defense.  Bighill had a great game.  This new guy Jones looks like an All Star. Even Willie looked hungry and accountable.  What a great game.

Nice to see it coming together.  Huge improvement by Johnson.  Does Lucky on short passes in space really scare the crap out of. The defenses? Well it looked like they could not cover him with LBs. 

Lucky was worth the wait, Bailey doesn't stand much of a chance of displacing him now, can feel that 2019 vibe starting to build.