Trouble For Vernon Adams

Started by J5V, August 03, 2024, 03:06:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J5V

VA injured his knee in the game against the Bombers. Initial reports were, it's not too bad, may only be a few weeks but not months. Campbell was quick to also state that we won't know for sure until he is properly evaluated. He spent ten minutes in the tent and when he came out he had an ice pack taped to his knee and he was not moving well. I think that knee is bad.

He's played two poor games in a row now. Milt was saying VA may be worrying about Rourke coming back after Rourke stated if things don't work out down South he'd like to come back to the Lions.

So VA may have a bad knee and a worried mind.

BC's next game is against the Elks and I think we'll see Dolegala at QB. Can the Elks finally win one against BC?

Does anyone think VA will be back the following week for the game against us?

Does anyone think VA is all messed up by the talk of a possible return by Rourke?
Go Bombers!

DCM

Rourke isn't returning this season so I don't buy that VA would be mentally twisted over him possibly returning.

What happened was the game was out of reach and Campbell decided to leave his quarterback in there and the result was expected. I cringed watching Zach hand off to Oliveira as well.
Twitch Account: Here - Website: Here

dd

No, we re just seeing the real Adams. He was over achieving and now has come down to his mentally unstable world of inconsistency.

There is no doubt in my mind that when Lawler gets back, we ll be the best team in the cfl. This adversity we went through was good for us, made us stronger. We are still an injured team, but we battle with those who we got and after a coupe of games, have worked the kinks out and now we got back to kicking butt!!

J5V

Go Bombers!

DM83

It's. Funny DD summed up Vernon Adams the way I would.

I am  happy he has found some success, but he personally IMHO seems like a phony. His playing history always seems like this year schedule.  Reckless play, then Seemingly injured at some point, very dramatic being "injured" but then miraculously healed a week later.

I don't expect him out beyond this week., if that.

He may get the. League MOP. And then get cut when Rourke IS back next season.
I guess he can always go to Edmonton, after the Esks realize Ford can't read.......by then nit sure Adams can either.( talk about happy feet)

Jesse

VAJ isn't a phonie, that's ridiculous. But he does go through periods of inconsistency, which he has very much minimized in recent years. He is still prone to it, however.

I have no doubt he'll find his touch again when he comes back. I'll never bet on them in the playoffs though.
My wife is amazing!

dd

Adams doesn't have the mental toughness to succeed when the pressure is on and the going gets tough. He would have never weathered the storm Collaros just did.

With him under centre I just don't see the lions winning anything and for sure they'll drop him like a bad habit for rourke

The Zipp

Lions need to finish first...I am not convinced their one dimensional team can go on the road in the cold and win. 

Their defense isn't spectacular at this point in the season.  Honestly I think sask and Toronto have better defenses than BC.

Doug brown said on the post game show that VA "pulls himself from tough games by getting injured"

Blueforlife

VAJ is very good, isn't consistent enough to be called great.  Some posters are pilling on when he is down imo.

Has had some injury issues.  I have seen him improve each year.

His play has nothing to do with Rourke.

dd

Quote from: The Zipp on August 03, 2024, 04:03:41 AMLions need to finish first...I am not convinced their one dimensional team can go on the road in the cold and win. 

Their defense isn't spectacular at this point in the season.  Honestly I think sask and Toronto have better defenses than BC.

Doug brown said on the post game show that VA "pulls himself from tough games by getting injured"
I agree with brown as  Adams is emotionally very weak. When the going gets tough, Adams is the first to bail on his team. Lions are going nowhere with him under centre

ModAdmin

We need to be careful about attempting to draw conclusions about Adams Jr. or any player without definitive knowledge.  If he is "week to week" that indicates there is some legitimate concern about his physical condition.  Tests should indicate if there is any damage and if not, why would they hold him out of games when he is clearly the Lions' best opportunity to win games and get them to the playoffs.

Yes, he had a terrible game against the Bombers.  But so did other Lion players who couldn't produce, i.e., ,Stanbach, the corp of Lion receivers, their defence who could not limit the Bomber offence (TOP).  The August 17 game will be a test for both the Lions and the Bombers.

Will Adams Jr. play?  Who knows except the Lions and Adams Jr. himself.  I doubt however the Adams Jr. or the Lions are concerning themselves much with Rourke right now.  This year is Grey Cup in Vancouver and I cannot imagine either Adams Jr. or the Lions not doing anything in their power to get to that game.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

ichabod_crane

Quote from: dd on August 03, 2024, 03:24:41 AMNo, we re just seeing the real Adams. He was over achieving and now has come down to his mentally unstable world of inconsistency.

There is no doubt in my mind that when Lawler gets back, we ll be the best team in the cfl. This adversity we went through was good for us, made us stronger. We are still an injured team, but we battle with those who we got and after a coupe of games, have worked the kinks out and now we got back to kicking butt!!

Better...YES. Could still win the west for GC berth? Yes if they keep up what they did last game. BEST...I think Montreal when a healthy Fajardo comes back still top dog. Handled the Cats easily today without CF....so I am not ready to predict Bombers will be better than Als quite yet. They have one game left with Montreal at their turf on the very last regular season weekend. That could tell us if the Blue guys are ready to re-claim their crown in the following playoffs! :)

HAVE FAITH IN THE MANITOBA MAFIA!! VITO CORLEONE SAYS TO MICHAEL "MAKE THEM AN OFFER THEY CAN'T REFUSE!!" :D ;) 

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: ichabod_crane on August 03, 2024, 06:53:24 AMBetter...YES. Could still win the west for GC berth? Yes if they keep up what they did last game. BEST...I think Montreal when a healthy Fajardo comes back still top dog. Handled the Cats easily today without CF....so I am not ready to predict Bombers will be better than Als quite yet. They have one game left with Montreal at their turf on the very last regular season weekend. That could tell us if the Blue guys are ready to re-claim their crown in the following playoffs! :)

HAVE FAITH IN THE MANITOBA MAFIA!! VITO CORLEONE SAYS TO MICHAEL "MAKE THEM AN OFFER THEY CAN'T REFUSE!!" :D ;) 
Quote from: ModAdmin on August 03, 2024, 06:01:40 AMWe need to be careful about attempting to draw conclusions about Adams Jr. or any player without definitive knowledge.  If he is "week to week" that indicates there is some legitimate concern about his physical condition.  Tests should indicate if there is any damage and if not, why would they hold him out of games when he is clearly the Lions' best opportunity to win games and get them to the playoffs.

Yes, he had a terrible game against the Bombers.  But so did other Lion players who couldn't produce, i.e., ,Stanbach, the corp of Lion receivers, their defence who could not limit the Bomber offence (TOP).  The August 17 game will be a test for both the Lions and the Bombers.

Will Adams Jr. play?  Who knows except the Lions and Adams Jr. himself.  I doubt however the Adams Jr. or the Lions are concerning themselves much with Rourke right now.  This year is Grey Cup in Vancouver and I cannot imagine either Adams Jr. or the Lions not doing anything in their power to get to that game.

I think V.A.'s mental toughness has improved some in the last 2 season but not sure he'll ever lead the Lions to a Cup, as he's always one hit away from the 6 game and is almost always hobbling around.  He's a slim guy so bulking up would probably adversely effect his passing ability and throw him off.  Maybe the only thing that could get him to the promised land is an excellent O-line that is able to protect him completely as Matt Nichol experienced for a few years.

Waffler

The fact that he stayed on the bench in uniform tells me it is not a long term injury and they knew that right away. It still could be a few weeks to get his full mobility back. He needs to have that to be effective.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

J5V

Quote from: Waffler on August 03, 2024, 03:10:09 PMThe fact that he stayed on the bench in uniform tells me it is not a long term injury and they knew that right away. It still could be a few weeks to get his full mobility back. He needs to have that to be effective.
I could see him back wearing a brace in a couple of weeks although he was hobbling badly on the sidelines. I'm not sure something like that will heal quickly. Looked like an MCL/ACL strain, maybe both. If there has been any tearing of either ligament it's going to be more than a couple of weeks.
Go Bombers!