Official Game Day Thread - BC at Winnipeg, August 1, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, July 31, 2024, 04:49:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J5V

Found this gem about Brady Oliviera in the BC game. Check it out.

29.1 KM/H
Go Bombers!

J5V

Go Bombers!

J5V

Go Bombers!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on August 02, 2024, 01:54:35 PMThe red zone production is embarrassing this season.

Especially since in 2022 and 2023 a TD in the redzone was basically guaranteed.  Remember how effortlessly we'd have someone wide open in the EZ for TDs?  Pepperidge Farms remembers.

Either we went away from what worked in those seasons, or teams figured it all out and we haven't adjusted.
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 05, 2024, 01:02:33 AMEspecially since in 2022 and 2023 a TD in the redzone was basically guaranteed.  Remember how effortlessly we'd have someone wide open in the EZ for TDs?  Pepperidge Farms remembers.

Either we went away from what worked in those seasons, or teams figured it all out and we haven't adjusted.
I believe it is the latter.
Go Bombers!

Pete

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 05, 2024, 01:02:33 AMEspecially since in 2022 and 2023 a TD in the redzone was basically guaranteed.  Remember how effortlessly we'd have someone wide open in the EZ for TDs?  Pepperidge Farms remembers.

Had the same problem in the redzone many years ago, turns out Justin Goltz was the solution.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on August 02, 2024, 01:08:37 AMWhen is the last time we faked a FG??

Sergio - ugly but good for 3

Like back in the Heath days.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: TBURGESS on August 02, 2024, 03:31:07 PMNo, you can't run down the field with your hands in the air in the chase position.  IF he'd looked back at the ball, then it wouldn't be screening, but he didn't therefore it is.

Quote from: dd on August 02, 2024, 04:33:35 PMScreening is when a player puts his hands up and obstructs the recievers vision on the ball. It is not called when the defender has turned and is making a play on the ball. It is called every time, when he is running with his back to the ball (he has no idea where the ball is) with his hands in the air obstructing the recievers position

I missed the great argument the first time round.  I won't debate the merits, I will just say that the CFL hasn't been calling screening for YEARS.  There are tons of very clear screen-like plays occurring every season and they are never called DPI.  Never.  I've complained about it before when someone has clearly screened our players.

In fact, having one of both arms in the air seems to be the best way to avoid getting a DPI: because the main foul that gets the flag is grabbing and tugging and twisting.  You can't do that with your arms up.  (Though you can still bump, the other common foul that does get flagged.)

I'm not even sure what it would take to draw a screening flag these days.  Maybe covering the WR's mask with both hands like you play peekaboo with a baby??  Even then I bet they don't call it!!

So the whole argument is moot because command will never call it!  Screen away boys!
Never go full Rider!