Official Game Day Thread - BC at Winnipeg, August 1, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, July 31, 2024, 04:49:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

We keep referring to "must win" games and here we are with another one.  The Bombers are still banged up and may have lost Pat Neufeld for a period of time.  With the woes of the Oline have been discussed infinitum in the press and on the forum, the loss of Neufeld (though not yet confirmed) would not help the situation.  Will Drew Wolitarsky be fit to play?

Yet, we are playing at home in front of our great fans who will make life miserable for the Lions.  And if Lucky Whitehead gets in the game, he should bring a bit of an attitude along with some intel on the Lions.

Ball security is also on the minds of the Bombers as reiterated by Nic Demski in Ed Tait's 48-Hour Primer here!

"You focus on it. You focus on it a lot. That's what I've been doing," said (Nic) Demski of the turnovers. "I've been dialling it down and making sure that I'm tucking the ball away, putting two hands on the ball.

"....It's going back to the basics. It's a humbling feeling, it's a humbling moment. But at the end of the day, in order to make plays and put this team in a good position to win, I've got to do that. I've got to go back to basics and put two hands on the ball and not make as much happen after the play. That just comes with it. It's football.

"Sometimes you're going to get the bounces, sometimes you're not. Right now, I'm pretty sure that it's obvious to see, I'm not getting the bounces. So, I've just got to go back to fundamental football...."

Huge implications in this game again.  The Big Questions...

- Can the Oline solidify and give Zach maximum protection?

- Can the Bombers avoid turnovers and costly penalties?

- Can the Defence put pressure and containment on Vernon Adams Jr. and keep him from throwing for 300+ yards?

Stay tuned, stay strong, stay positive.  Let's Go Bombers.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

The Zipp

Come on depth chart...

We know Lucky has been moved to the AR

M.O.A.B.

The Zipp

Ok Mr. Randolph - good luck, we believe in you!!

Lucky will be getting lots of time on the field, more than one injury to a receiver and I guess Augustine is next man up.

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: The Zipp on July 31, 2024, 02:49:03 PMOk Mr. Randolph - good luck, we believe in you!!

Lucky will be getting lots of time on the field, more than one injury to a receiver and I guess Augustine is next man up.

Case

The Zipp

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: The Zipp on July 31, 2024, 02:49:03 PMOk Mr. Randolph - good luck, we believe in you!!

Can't say I recall seeing Randolph play, but he must know this is his best chance ever to make an impression.

Blue In BC

So we lost Woli and Neufeld to injury. Did they go to 1 game or 6 game IR?

Randolph in at RG. Karamoko and Kelly in as extra DB's. Whitehead in replacing the roster spot of the import DB's moved to PR.

Hmmmm. Fingers crossed that Randolph in particular can improve both run and pass blocking. Best defence is an offence that stays on the field.

That's 3 players added from PR and 2 pushed back to PR. Kelly comes off 1 game IR and added to AR.

We're running out of bodies. Depending on the long term aspect of new injuries we may see a couple of new players added to PR over the bye.

Down to 8 Canadian starters now.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blueforlife

Next man up, let's play Bomber ball! Win the line of scrimmage and hit them with bombs and Brady!

Defense is realitivly healthy and consistent.  The strength of the club.

theaardvark

Woli and Neufeld out, that's two nats, only Kelly in.  Does Karamoko balance that?

Whitehead and Randolph in, Bridges and McGhee out...

Depending on how Randolph plays, this could be an upgrade.  2 backups out, two guys come in to start.   

Going to be interesting.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Sir Blue and Gold

Eight Canadians! OMG! We must be miles ahead in the National Olympics to resort to this!  ;D

Pigskin

Neuf and Woli on the 6 game, a crazy year for injuries.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

I'd love to know how many man-games have been lost due to injuries this season and if that's some kind of record or not.

I can't recall a season that was even remotely as bad as this one.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

Blueforlife

We had good luck with injuries during our mini dynasty

The struggles this year could pay dividends for future year if we can continue to develop and retain our core

Agree I can't remember something like this before

Horseman

We need to bring Sheed back, he knows our offence and is a good receiver.