Rourke released, Signed by Atlanta...and released again AND SIGNS WITH BC

Started by Blue In BC, July 28, 2024, 02:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Nic16 on July 29, 2024, 09:17:26 PMIF Rourke decides to come back to the CFL next year I think the BB's would have to make unprecedented moves in order to be a serious player for Rourke.
[...]
Wade (and Kyle) would need to be fully invested in making

Will never happen.  Not in a million years.  Zach is 100% the guy through our home cup year.  If he stinks it out (which I'll bet money will not happen) we can start Strev with a EDM MBT/Ford type setup.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ichabod_crane on July 29, 2024, 11:07:35 PMNyet. Adams has NOT proven JACK yet as I mean in championships or even MVP's. He's good, but not as good as Rourke from the sample sizes we know so far.

Quote from: dd on July 30, 2024, 02:20:27 AMWe won't be player in the rourke sweepstakes —price will be too high with our cap issues. I do see us taking a run at Adam's if rourke signs with bc but bc will only have so much cap space too

Adams is literally the worst QB to match with our run-heavy O.  You don't think VAJ's style is part of the reason BC rarely runs?  VAJ fights during the week with the OC saying "I want more passing", and I bet VAJ always picks "pass" in RPOs.

He's kind of like young BLM, but with mega-mobility.  Pass first, pass deep, pass always.  Completely not Bomber style.

And he's also a headcase and would miserably fail FIFO.  In BC OTOH, he's a perfect fit!
Never go full Rider!

The Zipp

Signed a one year deal with the Falcons for almost a million bucks.  He is parlaying his 8-10 good games in the CFL into a payday.

Run the practice squad - don't take any hits, be a millionaire. 

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: The Zipp on August 01, 2024, 11:32:21 PMSigned a one year deal with the Falcons for almost a million bucks.  He is parlaying his 8-10 good games in the CFL into a payday.

He needs to make the team and be on the game day roster each week to earn it all though.

Also no chance he ever plays with Cousins and an 9th overall pick in this year's draft in front of him.

Jesse

Quote from: The Zipp on August 01, 2024, 11:32:21 PMSigned a one year deal with the Falcons for almost a million bucks.  He is parlaying his 8-10 good games in the CFL into a payday.

He needs to win the 3rd spot to get the contract. Practice squad means he was released from that contract.
My wife is amazing!

The Zipp

Quote from: Jesse on August 02, 2024, 04:31:53 AMHe needs to win the 3rd spot to get the contract. Practice squad means he was released from that contract.

Ok.  He needs to beat out heinike then. 

Cousins
Penix
Rourke

Jesse

Quote from: The Zipp on August 02, 2024, 04:39:06 AMOk.  He needs to beat out heinike then. 

Cousins
Penix
Rourke

Not really something he's done or has been given the opportunity to do so far. We'll see.
My wife is amazing!

dd

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 30, 2024, 05:57:20 AMAdams is literally the worst QB to match with our run-heavy O.  You don't think VAJ's style is part of the reason BC rarely runs?  VAJ fights during the week with the OC saying "I want more passing", and I bet VAJ always picks "pass" in RPOs.

He's kind of like young BLM, but with mega-mobility.  Pass first, pass deep, pass always.  Completely not Bomber style.

And he's also a headcase and would miserably fail FIFO.  In BC OTOH, he's a perfect fit!
Ya forget I ever suggested that!! The Adan's I saw tonight terrifies me. He's so emotionally fragile it's sickening. I d never want him leading our ball club ever.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on August 02, 2024, 04:42:11 AMNot really something he's done or has been given the opportunity to do so far. We'll see.

Agreed. And needless to say, his signing with the Falcons stalls any potential return to the CFL.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

The Zipp

Still think Rourke should have pressed hard to try out with the Raiders. They are in trouble at qb.

Broncos not much better..

pdirks67

Quote from: The Zipp on August 06, 2024, 10:37:32 PMStill think Rourke should have pressed hard to try out with the Raiders. They are in trouble at qb.

He literally went to the worst place possible for a QB trying to find a path to playing time. I assume he had no other choice.

pdirks67

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 30, 2024, 05:54:58 AMWill never happen.  Not in a million years.  Zach is 100% the guy through our home cup year.  If he stinks it out (which I'll bet money will not happen) we can start Strev with a EDM MBT/Ford type setup.

It would be gross negligence if they didn't at least kick the tires and see what it would take. I love Zach, but Rourke could be the best QB in the CFL for the next decade.

I love Strev too, but he's not a first string QB.

Jesse

Quote from: The Zipp on August 06, 2024, 10:37:32 PMStill think Rourke should have pressed hard to try out with the Raiders. They are in trouble at qb.

Lol, he can't force teams to sign him.
My wife is amazing!

Jesse

Quote from: pdirks67 on August 07, 2024, 12:02:29 AMIt would be gross negligence if they didn't at least kick the tires and see what it would take. I love Zach, but Rourke could be the best QB in the CFL for the next decade.

I love Strev too, but he's not a first string QB.

Every team kicks the tires, but BC is in the driver's seat on this one.
My wife is amazing!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Jesse on August 07, 2024, 01:28:49 AMEvery team kicks the tires, but BC is in the driver's seat on this one.

Haven't being paying any attention, how far along is he in pursuit of his NFL pension?