Rourke released, Signed by Atlanta...and released again AND SIGNS WITH BC

Started by Blue In BC, July 28, 2024, 02:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 15, 2024, 02:31:02 PMWhat if we offer ELC + $25,000 to sign autographs in the back of a moving pick-up truck driven by Boomer around the U of M campus. The truck will have flashing strobe lights. He will also make an appearance at SuperLite where he can show customers how easy it is for him to change the lights out of even the highest fixtures. Deal?

You'd be interested in signing Dolegala for the rest of 2024? Honestly I think it's Collaros or bust. If he plays badly or gets hurt, we're doomed. If we had a better record we might have better odds playing Streveler, but margin for error is close to zero.

I'm not convinced we'd win many games if Steveler needed to start.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 15, 2024, 02:41:04 PMYou'd be interested in signing Dolegala for the rest of 2024? Honestly I think it's Collaros or bust. If he plays badly or gets hurt, we're doomed. If we had a better record we might have better odds playing Streveler, but margin for error is close to zero.

I'm not convinced we'd win many games if Steveler needed to start.

I'm partly just trying to poke fun at the marketing dollars but Dolegala is an upgrade over Wilson and he's potentially a better pure quarterback than Streveler. I'd take a hard look at it that's for sure.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 15, 2024, 02:01:31 PMHow much more is Dolegala over Terry Wilson? Just wondering!

I think the Bombers 3rd string might be Jerry Wilson...can't recall, might as well be the invisible man. With Strev. filling the gap it feels like we're back to the days of of no QB development beyond the starter.  Don't know if Strev. can carry the beans when Zach is out and we'll boo the 3rd string QB off the field if he ever gets there, because he has zero experience in that situation. Much preferred last year's plan involving all 3 QB's on game day.

Oh well, next year is next year, maybe they'll come up lucky again and stumble upon a loose QB laying on the ground when it comes time to replace Collaros.

theaardvark

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 15, 2024, 03:59:54 PMI'm partly just trying to poke fun at the marketing dollars but Dolegala is an upgrade over Wilson and he's potentially a better pure quarterback than Streveler. I'd take a hard look at it that's for sure.

Really?  Because he's not shown very well in his opportunities.

#3 QB is supposed to be the development guy.  Like Dru Brown.  Wilson is supposed to be the next Dru Brown.

Dolegala is not the next Dru Brown...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: theaardvark on August 15, 2024, 04:41:58 PMReally?  Because he's not shown very well in his opportunities.

#3 QB is supposed to be the development guy.  Like Dru Brown.  Wilson is supposed to be the next Dru Brown.

Dolegala is not the next Dru Brown...

2024 Dru Brown (4th year in league) - 8 starts, 66% completion percentage, 1936 yards (242 per game), 6 TDs, 4 INTs
2023 Jake Dolegala (2nd year in league) - 10 starts, 65% completion percentage, 2641 yards (264 per game), 11 TDs, 9 INTs 

Take player bias out of it and on paper it's very similar.

Stats Junkie

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 15, 2024, 01:30:56 PMIIRC a team can place a player on 6 game IR retroactively. Now that they've released Dolegala and their PR QB, that is unlikely to happen.
A team can not retroactively place a player on the 6-game IL. Mike O'Shea has mentioned this a couple of times on the Coach's Show this year. He has said that the Blue Bombers default is to place injured players on the 6-game list because they can't retroactively do so.
Twitter: @Stats_Junkie
Threads: statsjunkie71

Blue In BC

Quote from: Stats Junkie on August 15, 2024, 04:55:30 PMA team can not retroactively place a player on the 6-game IL. Mike O'Shea has mentioned this a couple of times on the Coach's Show this year. He has said that the Blue Bombers default is to place injured players on the 6-game list because they can't retroactively do so.

Ok. Then the Lions should have placed Adams on the 6 game IR. It would have saved them some SMS and as I mentioned, Rourke won't be coming off the field unless he's injured.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 15, 2024, 05:25:42 PMOk. Then the Lions should have placed Adams on the 6 game IR. It would have saved them some SMS and as I mentioned, Rourke won't be coming off the field unless he's injured.

It only saves the Lions SMS if he spends 6 games on the list. He also is unable to practice for most of the stint too. Since he was on the roster last game, it seems very unlikely that he will need to.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 15, 2024, 05:28:11 PMIt only saves the Lions SMS if he spends 6 games on the list. He also is unable to practice for most of the stint too. Since he was on the roster last game, it seems very unlikely that he will need to.

I understand that but he's also not practising yet and it's not clear on when he'll be able to do that. If Rourke can show up and start this week, then how much practice does Adams need when he's been here all season and before? It comes down to health and then a need to play.

I'd say the need for him to play is next to zero if Rourke doesn't get injured. So it's risk management against SMS management and that may have changed once Rourke arrived.

Also, I've never been clear about the taking off players from the 6 game IR early and being allowed two a season.

We know any number of players can be taken off early but I thought that two could be taken off early without SMS applying if less than 6 games.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 15, 2024, 05:41:27 PMI understand that but he's also not practising yet and it's not clear on when he'll be able to do that. If Rourke can show up and start this week, then how much practice does Adams need when he's been here all season and before? It comes down to health and then a need to play.

I'd say the need for him to play is next to zero if Rourke doesn't get injured. So it's risk management against SMS management and that may have changed once Rourke arrived.

Also, I've never been clear about the taking off players from the 6 game IR early and being allowed two a season.

We know any number of players can be taken off early but I thought that two could be taken off early without SMS applying if less than 6 games.

Teams can remove two players per season who have been on the 6-game for seven or more games without penalty.

gobombersgo

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 15, 2024, 05:48:35 PMTeams can remove two players per season who have been on the 6-game for seven or more games without penalty.

Lawler was removed early from his 2nd stint of being on the 6 game injured list. Those extra 2 games may not count against the cap.

What I am not clear of is if teams need to declare if they are using one of the 2 exemptions on a player or if it is automatically used on the 1st 2 players a team takes of the 2nd set of 6 games.

theaardvark

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 15, 2024, 04:54:25 PM2024 Dru Brown (4th year in league) - 8 starts, 66% completion percentage, 1936 yards (242 per game), 6 TDs, 4 INTs
2023 Jake Dolegala (2nd year in league) - 10 starts, 65% completion percentage, 2641 yards (264 per game), 11 TDs, 9 INTs 

Take player bias out of it and on paper it's very similar.

If you can watch Dolegala and Brown' tapes and say that, not sure... stats are only part of the story.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on August 15, 2024, 06:44:50 PMIf you can watch Dolegala and Brown' tapes and say that, not sure... stats are only part of the story.

Brown looked pretty terrible his first few years here. And obviously had a much better supporting cast than Dolegala's time in Sask.

I'm not advocating for Dolegala here, but I'm not sure your opinion is based on anything other than Brown being a former Bomber. How many non-Bomber games would you say you watch?
My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

Quote from: gobombersgo on August 15, 2024, 06:39:24 PMLawler was removed early from his 2nd stint of being on the 6 game injured list. Those extra 2 games may not count against the cap.

What I am not clear of is if teams need to declare if they are using one of the 2 exemptions on a player or if it is automatically used on the 1st 2 players a team takes of the 2nd set of 6 games.

Lawler was extended on the 6 game IR on July 26th and has now missed 8 games. So he could be taken off this week and be exempt from the extra 2 game SMS. Or the team could leave him there for another week.

We're expecting for him to be added to the AR this week since he's a full participant at practice.

Wheatfall may come off but it's more likely they leave him on the 6 game IR even though he's an ELC guy. However he might be bumped to the PR just as easily.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

Quote from: Jesse on August 15, 2024, 07:38:26 PMBrown looked pretty terrible his first few years here. And obviously had a much better supporting cast than Dolegala's time in Sask.

I'm not advocating for Dolegala here, but I'm not sure your opinion is based on anything other than Brown being a former Bomber. How many non-Bomber games would you say you watch?

I pvr and watch every CFL game.

Dru came into games and won them cod off the bench.

He impressed us in just about every game he played in.

Dolegala has been, at best, a novelty in being a 6'7 QB.  He's not the worst ever, but noting in his play ever impressed me.