Rourke released, Signed by Atlanta...and released again AND SIGNS WITH BC

Started by Blue In BC, July 28, 2024, 02:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J5V

Quote from: dd on August 13, 2024, 10:56:18 PMWow. Sick of him already and he hasn't taken a snap-and a Canadian no less!! He ll start vs us and light it up. Bad timing for us as we need to win to make up ground and after this weekend Edmonton could be tied with us!!
Yeah, I don't know about that. You could be right but we do have the best defense in the league if I'm not mistaken.
Go Bombers!

Jesse

Quote from: dd on August 13, 2024, 10:56:18 PMWow. Sick of him already and he hasn't taken a snap-and a Canadian no less!! He ll start vs us and light it up. Bad timing for us as we need to win to make up ground and after this weekend Edmonton could be tied with us!!

I don't think he's going to have a very successful game.
My wife is amazing!

dd

That may be the case....or he may want to show that he has the goods and the NFL is just a clicky league and they made a mistake

ichabod_crane

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 13, 2024, 11:05:20 PMRe read the report and it said Adams won't be traded THIS year. That makes more sense. In the same way we would have wanted to keep Brown, the reality is that SMS is an issue. The # 2 QB wants to start etc etc.  So it take this to mean there is a good chance Adams is traded in the off season.

Still wondering if he hits the 6 game IR in the meantime to hedge the SMS challenge.

Famous last words! Recall some politicians years ago saying "READ MY LIPS....NO NEW TAXES!!" ;) :D He won't be traded unless an offer too good to refuse by Vito Corleone comes along this season. Next season very likely Adams is GONZO unless Rourke tries a futile attempt down south again.

ichabod_crane

To anyone who said he may not even dress for this game, check out this quote in a TSN article:

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/nathan-rourke-signs-with-b-c-lions-returning-to-cfl-after-nfl-stint-1.2161688

Note this is a Farhan speculation quote, but it seems possible: "He will be arrive at the team facility in time for Wednesday's practice and Lalji notes there's "a real likelihood" that Rourke could start this Sunday against the Winnipeg Blue Bombers".

I'm just the messenger! ;)

J5V

If he wins a cup here with BC will he bolt for another opportunity down South?

If he plays well but doesn't win a cup and still bolts ...

If VA leaves (and why would he stay) what does BC do if Rourke does bolt for the NFL? They'll have lost both QBs.

It's a bit of a gamble.
Go Bombers!

Jesse

Quote from: J5V on August 14, 2024, 12:22:12 AMIf he wins a cup here with BC will he bolt for another opportunity down South?

If VA leaves (and why would he stay) what does BC do if Rourke does bolt for the NFL? They'll have lost both QBs.

It's a bit of a gamble.

No one's brought this up yet, but of course Rourke is going to see if he can snag another offer in the off season. Can't move VAJ until they know Rourke is committed for 2025.
My wife is amazing!

ichabod_crane

Quote from: J5V on August 14, 2024, 12:22:12 AMIf he wins a cup here with BC will he bolt for another opportunity down South?

It's a bit of a gamble.

Well if these are mature intelligent people, you would think these kinds of discussions would occur long before the end of the season. NO need to leave anyone in limbo hanging out to dry.

In any case unless Rourke gets a truckload of upfront money down south, he is crazy to go down there on a mere try-out contract. I think he has 0.001% chance of sticking somewhere down there unless he is related to the head coach somehow! He's got too much to lose now not sticking with BC (if not cut himself).

Adams will get his money either in BC or somewhere else. I don't think he will be begging for a handout next season unless his career is done from injuries.

Blueforlife

I'll take that bet.  Our D will feast.

gobombersgo

Quote from: Jesse on August 13, 2024, 10:53:01 PMThere has to be a limit or we wouldn't have any of these "salary cap" casualties. We'd have just doubled our offers to Grant and Hardrick, etc.

All the talk I hear is that there is no limit to marketing money that teams can spend.

Yeah, there should be no reason why the Bombers should lose a player due to salary.

Either the Bombers are trying to be fiscally responsible with marketing money or all the players they allowed to walk in the off-season were due to non-salary reasons.

If the Bombers wanted to find a way to re-sign Grant they would have. More likely is they wanted to move on due to injury concerns.

pdirks67

It's a bit of a gamble.

I'd be shocked if the Lions haven't already had this discussion with Rourke. And if he goes, VA stays. If Rourke stays in the CFL, VA is traded or released. I'd take this gamble in a heartbeat if I was in the Lions front office. Not only for Rourke's youth and ability, but also his marketability.

pdirks67

Quote from: ichabod_crane on August 14, 2024, 12:27:34 AMWell if these are mature intelligent people, you would think these kinds of discussions would occur long before the end of the season. NO need to leave anyone in limbo hanging out to dry.

In any case unless Rourke gets a truckload of upfront money down south, he is crazy to go down there on a mere try-out contract. I think he has 0.001% chance of sticking somewhere down there unless he is related to the head coach somehow! He's got too much to lose now not sticking with BC (if not cut himself).

Adams will get his money either in BC or somewhere else. I don't think he will be begging for a handout next season unless his career is done from injuries.

Great point. He probably only tries his luck down south again if he gets a pile of up-front money.

dd

Quote from: Blueforlife on August 14, 2024, 12:32:36 AMI'll take that bet.  Our D will feast.
I'd like to think so but not so sure. Rourke can scramble alot better than Adams and can throw alot better too. We'll see how he plays in his first game back, if ever we were going to beat him, this is the game.

dd

Quote from: pdirks67 on August 14, 2024, 01:34:23 AMI'd be shocked if the Lions haven't already had this discussion with Rourke. And if he goes, VA stays. If Rourke stays in the CFL, VA is traded or released. I'd take this gamble in a heartbeat if I was in the Lions front office. Not only for Rourke's youth and ability, but also his marketability.
Lions also want to win the GC this year, which Rourke definitely gives them a legit shot at. Adams at 25-0 clearly didn't. I was confident we'd beat the Lions this week if Dolegala was playing and even Adams, but Rourke is a different animal. He has a very good corps of receivers to throw to and they have Stanback to run the ball to keep the D honest. Its going to be the game of the season for sure.

The Zipp

It's candy, McNall and Gretzky buying a grey cup all over again with "personal services" contracts. 

Ambroise will do nothing to close this loophole being used for Rourke.