Will Grant get a kick/punt return TD tonight?

Started by Blueforlife, July 27, 2024, 01:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

?

Yes
8 (44.4%)
No
10 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

DM83

:) bombers special teams are not a problem. But grant is special...he gets one every second game it seems.

Sir Blue and Gold

No, but there will be one hair tackle.

dd

I think he gets one to prove a mistake was made by not re signing him. Anger and ego are great motivators

Waffler

Would have been nice to see Lucky Whitehead returning for us. Head to head with the guy who squeezed him off the roster here way back when. Also the hair tackle factor would be roughly equal.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

theaardvark

Quote from: Waffler on July 27, 2024, 02:45:38 PMWould have been nice to see Lucky Whitehead returning for us. Head to head with the guy who squeezed him off the roster here way back when. Also the hair tackle factor would be roughly equal.

So, you want a guy that the opponent beat out 5 years ago to be our returner?

Also, no.  The dreaded hair tackles of Grant are going to outnumber Lucky 5 to 1, I'm abraid to say...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Waffler

Quote from: theaardvark on July 27, 2024, 03:07:41 PMSo, you want a guy that the opponent beat out 5 years ago to be our returner?

I do! Lucky has been elite in his own right. Kase... not so much. MOS seems really high on him though.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

theaardvark

Quote from: Waffler on July 27, 2024, 03:09:33 PMI do! Lucky has been elite in his own right. Kase... not so much. MOS seems really high on him though.

You are right, Lucky *has been* elite, but right now, he's on the PR of a team that desperately needs a good return game and a good WR. 

Lucky didn't get a sniff in FA, and got brought off the couch to our PR when the sky was falling, and hasn't been able to impress enough to get an AR shot over an unproven rookie, with a coach that everyone complains loves his vets too much.

Sorry, but Lucky's time may have passed...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Waffler

Grant is 31 in Nov. Whitehead just turned 32 last month. Similar age. Going off the practice I saw this week, Lucky looked very good. I think it's just MOS wanting to give Kase another chance that we haven't seen Lucky play yet.

dd

Kase is not the answer. A blind man can see that. MOS stubborn loyalty in action once again.

J5V

Quote from: dd on July 27, 2024, 04:46:14 PMMass is not the answer. A blind man can see that. MOS stubborn loyalty in action once again.
I'm curious. Where would you rank MOS among the CFL head coaches?
Go Bombers!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: J5V on July 27, 2024, 06:53:28 PMI'm curious. Where would you rank MOS among the CFL head coaches?

First.

Name another head coach who's gone to four straight Grey Cups.

BBRT

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on July 27, 2024, 09:26:13 PMFirst.

Sorry but in professional sports it is what have you done for me today! Not what you did for me in the past! It is hard to accept at times but that is the way of professional sports.

ichabod_crane

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on July 27, 2024, 09:26:13 PMFirst.

HUGH CAMPBELL of the old Eskimos! That was WAY TOO EASY! ;) He made it to 6 straight to be precise (1977-1982). Lost the first one in a strange way (staple gate GC to Montreal), then won 5 in a row. You young kids need to learn your history!

Read it and weep....from WIKIPEDIA:

In 1977, Campbell was named head coach of the Edmonton Eskimos, where he took the Eskimos to the Grey Cup game in Montreal that first year but lost 41–6 in a major blowout on an icy field against the Montreal Alouettes. It was the last Grey Cup championship game coach Campbell would lose, as the Eskimos won the next five Grey Cup games, from 1978 through 1982, an all-time CFL consecutive championships record.

The Zipp