Elks realease DL Robert Nkemdiche

Started by VictorRomano, July 26, 2024, 01:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VictorRomano

Nkemdiche was a former 1st round pick (2016) of the Arizona Cardinals.  In four games, Nkemdiche made seven tackles and two sacks.  Might be worth a look.  We could use help up front.

Blueforlife

Jesse

Only reason he's here is because Chris Jones is obsessed with guys with NFL pedigree. Jones was fired, so this guy was immediately cut.
My wife is amazing!

VictorRomano

Quote from: Jesse on July 26, 2024, 06:24:37 PMOnly reason he's here is because Chris Jones is obsessed with guys with NFL pedigree. Jones was fired, so this guy was immediately cut.

With 7 tackles and 2 sacks in 4 games this season, he would statistically be the 3rd best DL in our dressing room this season, behind only Willy and Jake.  Just sayin.

Sir Blue and Gold

I don't know what our aversion to bringing in another defensive tackle is. I mean, we're starting Jake Thomas. Bring him in.

dd

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on July 26, 2024, 07:30:37 PMI don't know what our aversion to bringing in another defensive tackle is. I mean, we're starting Jake Thomas. Bring him in.
No kidding. Our pass rush is embarrassing and we're debating whether or not to bring a guy like this in?? Seriously??

J5V

Quote from: dd on July 26, 2024, 09:43:11 PMNo kidding. Our pass rush is embarrassing and we're debating whether or not to bring a guy like this in?? Seriously??
With TyJuan Garbutt and Willy J. on the ends I thought we were much improved against the Riders. We generated pressure and got some big sacks. We only allowed 19 points and were a Demski fumble away from tying the game late. I agree we should always be looking to improve our personnel if it makes fiscal sense to do so.
Go Bombers!

TecnoGenius

This guy's a DT?  What's his height/weight?

I've never heard of him, which means he couldn't have been making game-altering plays in EDM... which explains why he's out of a job.

My credo is be careful with barely-played-in-the-NFL guys.  They often have the "I'm too good for this Canadian crap" attitude.  If he remotely landed on Mafia radar, I'm sure he'll get a little discussion in the bowels of PAS.  I wouldn't hold my breath on this guy...
Never go full Rider!