Rasheed Bailey released?

Started by VictorRomano, July 26, 2024, 05:21:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LXTSN

Quote from: The Zipp on July 26, 2024, 05:13:11 PMHe may want to sign with a Cup contender...
After Toronto releases him, who else is willing to give him a shot for anything more than an ELC?
Is he better than any contender's 5th best WR? Seems to be pretty easy to find talent at receiver, but it's harder to actually implement new players into the offence in my opinion. 

peg_city

With how reliable he was at being the 3rd or 4th option, they should sign him. It fills a hole.

dd

Quote from: The Zipp on July 26, 2024, 05:13:11 PMHe may want to sign with a Cup contender...
I bet he signs with BC or Montreal

Jesse

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 26, 2024, 03:38:09 PMSuspect Kyle has nothing to offer Bailey beyond PR pay, which is also the reason Lucky continues to sit on the PR week after week earning peanuts. It's an insult to expect Bailey to play for less than $100k and don't think it will happen. Bombers are in a salary hell pickle, which is why they continue to play 3 rookie receivers even when Zach desperately needs immediate help.  O'Shea can only respond with "crisis?, what crisis?"

I don't agree with this at all. There is no accounting for the cap until the end of the season. We have 7 starters on the 6 game IR. Any player signed is only getting paid for the remaining games on the schedule, so the 100k you want to offer Bailey is only 60k at this point.

Saying we can't afford to start anyone other than rookies is just a ridiculous take.
My wife is amazing!

Blueforlife

Wpg contacted his agent as per FP

J5V

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 26, 2024, 02:20:42 PMI don't understand why the Argos would release him.
I suspect they are clearing cap space to bring Kelly back.
Go Bombers!

ichabod_crane

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 26, 2024, 03:38:09 PM
Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 26, 2024, 09:05:05 AMO'Shea can only respond with "crisis?, what crisis?"

He's quoting from a Supertramp album in the 70's!! :D ;) Did not know O'Shea was Supertramp fan!! ;)

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on July 26, 2024, 02:15:09 PMI didn't at all like his halftime interview a few weeks back on TSN. It was all about him, how everyone follows him and he's the leader. Leaders don't talk like that.

I thought it was ok.  He was selling his brand.  Also, he clearly has been reading his press (and forum!) coverage which always highlights his passion.  So now he's saying "ok, ya, I'll buy into that, I'm the passion guy, the heart & soul" (my words).  So he plays it up.

If the other guys don't believe he's a "leader" then, trust me, they'll laugh at him and take him down a notch.

Maybe there was a locker room blow-up in TOR after losing to bitter rivals HAM... maybe Sheed was on the wrong side of that.  Maybe he doesn't FIFO there... but we know he FIFOs here!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on July 26, 2024, 03:31:21 PMBailey should be on the Bombers booth / sidelines to give tips on what offensive plays Argos might call. ;D

Should have hired him mid-week to do this!  Haha, they wouldn't get much from a couple of days of debriefing, but it would make TOR have to double-think the situation.  Just have Bailey stand on the sidelines in civvies with binocs doing all sorts of pointing at players, etc.  Might unnerve Dinwiddie, who gets riled up real easily!

TOR did it to us last year with the Agudosi "rental"!  Gooses and ganders and all that...
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 26, 2024, 11:13:09 PMI thought it was ok.  He was selling his brand.  Also, he clearly has been reading his press (and forum!) coverage which always highlights his passion.  So now he's saying "ok, ya, I'll buy into that, I'm the passion guy, the heart & soul" (my words).  So he plays it up.

If the other guys don't believe he's a "leader" then, trust me, they'll laugh at him and take him down a notch.

Maybe there was a locker room blow-up in TOR after losing to bitter rivals HAM... maybe Sheed was on the wrong side of that.  Maybe he doesn't FIFO there... but we know he FIFOs here!

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 26, 2024, 11:13:09 PMI thought it was ok.  He was selling his brand.  Also, he clearly has been reading his press (and forum!) coverage which always highlights his passion.  So now he's saying "ok, ya, I'll buy into that, I'm the passion guy, the heart & soul" (my words).  So he plays it up.

I suspect Sheed rubs many people the wrong way, he's a highly emotional person and he rarely stops talking, which could be annoying and draining for new teammates to put up with.

Slingin Sammy

If Mgmt is in negotiations to bring him in...are they also going to offer him a no guarantee PR position like they did with Whitehead?  MOS has reiterated multiple times he likes our young guys. 

If so, what's Sheed's motivation to sign? I guess the only leverage from a business standpoint that the BB would have is that most receiving corps across the league are settled...and no one else will be offering him an Active Roster spot off the hop. 

If he accepts an offer (PR or otherwise) and if Lawler is close to a return after the bye...I think they'll release Whitehead based on MOS' stated affinity for the young receivers...remember Sheed bumped Lucky from the starting lineup during Luckys first stint with us...largely due to his blocking ability and grit.
Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together.

Blueforlife

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 27, 2024, 04:28:56 AMI suspect Sheed rubs many people the wrong way, he's a highly emotional person and he rarely stops talking, which could be annoying and draining for new teammates to put up with.
He sounds like me lol

DM83

Yeah Sheed seems to be. A man, not a whiner.  He put up with the Bombers and not being in the spotlight. He made many significant blocks.

In a perfect world, nearing thirty, only decent speed, Bombers deemed him too expensive.  Now his type of player is the type of guy a team depends on.  He WILL make the block. Unlike the new mediocre young guys.  Bring him back.  The new guys, who ever they are, have not made an impact.

Go Bombers. 

bwiser

Bailey is an excellent blocker and will help the running game as well as a player who can carry the ball a couple times a game. He is a great 3rd or 4th option for the Bomber offense. I see no down side to bringing back Bailey. If we add Lawler soon, the Bombers will have almost the same receiving core as last season with Wilson in Shoens spot.

Waffler

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 27, 2024, 04:28:56 AMI suspect Sheed rubs many people the wrong way, he's a highly emotional person and he rarely stops talking, which could be annoying and draining for new teammates to put up with.

Dinwiddie saying injuries forced their hand with the ratio and that everyone loved Bailey. Pretty sure MOS does too.

From Free Press:
"It's devastating, honestly," Argos quarterback Cameron Dukes
said. "He's a great guy to have in the locker room, great energy.
Everybody clinged to him really quickly; we all had his back, and he
had every one of our backs. It's devastating missing him."
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers