Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Toronto July 27, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, July 26, 2024, 04:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Officiating has always been subjective to a substantial degree.  What is baffling is that the Command Centre has time and a number of different angles to get it right and, too often this season, they have not been able to do so.  My uneducated opinion is that officiating always has been a weak link in the game.  I do believe they attempt to train their officials but the training and how they select these people, who I believe are part time, may be the real issues.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

J5V

Quote from: ModAdmin on July 28, 2024, 07:26:16 PMOfficiating has always been subjective to a substantial degree.  What is baffling is that the Command Centre has time and a number of different angles to get it right and, too often this season, they have not been able to do so.  My uneducated opinion is that officiating always has been a weak link in the game.  I do believe they attempt to train their officials but the training and how they select these people, who I believe are part time, may be the real issues.
My question is, and I have watched most every game this season, how many phantom calls/non-calls have you seen teams not named the Blue Bombers suffer? Is every team experiencing this?
Go Bombers!

Waffler

What was the discussion between Biggie and MOS after we lost the OT coin flip? Seemed like a lot of pointing going on. 
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

ModAdmin

Quote from: J5V on July 28, 2024, 08:16:25 PMMy question is, and I have watched most every game this season, how many phantom calls/non-calls have you seen teams not named the Blue Bombers suffer? Is every team experiencing this?

I don't keep track of other teams issues with penalty calls other than to say they exist.  I have less of an issue with field officials calling penalties in real time.  It is the Command Centre who have the time and camera angles to get the calls correct and sometimes don't seem to get it right.  The PI non-call and resulting McFadden interception in the TO game was a game changer.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

J5V

Quote from: Waffler on July 28, 2024, 09:01:18 PMWhat was the discussion between Biggie and MOS after we lost the OT coin flip? Seemed like a lot of pointing going on. 
I dunno but did you see Biggie get trucked by Carey? He absolutely blew him up. Biggie has never been the biggest LB but played bigger than his size. That is no longer the case.
Go Bombers!

Waffler

This is what I refer to. I think he's telling Biggie he wanted the other end.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

dd

Quote from: J5V on July 28, 2024, 10:29:29 PMI dunno but did you see Biggie get trucked by Carey? He absolutely blew him up. Biggie has never been the biggest LB but played bigger than his size. That is no longer the case.
Ya, I saw that. Blown-the-frick-up!! And Carey isn't that big of a running back. God help him if Stanbeck lowers the boom on him.

That was Father Time telling Biggie- you can't do this stuff anymore. To Biggie's credit, he just got up and got after it the next play. Good on him.

I always said, if you haven't had the snot knocked out of you, you've been playing outside the fire. Biggie was in the dead middle of the fire!!

DM83

:D playing inside the fire? Never heard that before

M.O.A.B.

Not sure why MOS and Buck dont see that there's a big problem in our OLine?

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on July 29, 2024, 01:07:44 AMNot sure why MOS and Buck dont see that there's a big problem in our OLine?

They see it. There's just not a lot of solutions on July 28.

Big Daddy

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on July 29, 2024, 01:08:24 AMThey see it. There's just not a lot of solutions on July 28.

That's fair.  I wonder what is available, and I know you can't just bring in someone to an oline and fit in.

Having said that - we are playing more Canadians than we need to - there isn't an import olineman somehwere that could improve our team?  Even if he isn't playing in the next couple weeks?

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Big Daddy on July 29, 2024, 01:14:22 AMThat's fair.  I wonder what is available, and I know you can't just bring in someone to an oline and fit in.

Having said that - we are playing more Canadians than we need to - there isn't an import olineman somehwere that could improve our team?  Even if he isn't playing in the next couple weeks?

I think we will see a couple OL arrive after NFL cuts for sure. We could easily go three imports with Neufeld on the bench. I'd go with Eli and centre.

This time next year we likely have a very different looking crew.

Big Daddy

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on July 29, 2024, 01:16:57 AMI think we will see a couple OL arrive after NFL cuts for sure. We could easily go three imports with Neufeld on the bench. I'd go with Eli and centre.

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on July 29, 2024, 01:16:57 AMI think we will see a couple OL arrive after NFL cuts for sure. We could easily go three imports with Neufeld on the bench. I'd go with Eli and centre.

[/b]This time next year we likely have a very different looking crew.

I suspect you are right.

Hopefully in time for a GC played in Winnipeg,

M.O.A.B.

Why wait for NFL cuts. The problem of our OL is in the interior. Replace Kolo and Neuf with Eli and Wallace.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on July 29, 2024, 01:43:18 AMWhy wait for NFL cuts. The problem of our OL is in the interior. Replace Kolo and Neuf with Eli and Wallace.

I'd like to see Eli in the middle but I doubt Wallace is ready.