Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Toronto July 27, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, July 26, 2024, 04:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bomb squad

Anybody else surprised they didn't review Castillo's field goal in OT? It looked like it went right over the left upright. I believe in the NFL that's ruled as good. Anybody know if it's the same in the CFL? I can't find anything on it. At the very least, I thought they should have reviewed it.

dd

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 28, 2024, 10:02:39 AMYou would too if you got pounded like he did all night!

He was actually doing more of what I said he needs to do: turn into Ricky Ray and sit in the pocket and get those balls out at the last second and, unfortunately, take the hit if the OL is garbage.
Exactly

I thought Collaros played an outstanding game given the pathetic performance of the O line. He was constantly rushed and hammered on every stinking play. The O line should be ashamed of themselves and I'd be making changes there immediately. We have ratio room, buh bye Dobson and get rid of our centre

Waffler

Quote from: dd on July 28, 2024, 02:46:20 PMExactly

I thought Collaros played an outstanding game given the pathetic performance of the O line. He was constantly rushed and hammered on every stinking play. The O line should be ashamed of themselves and I'd be making changes there immediately. We have ratio room, buh bye Dobson and get rid of our centre

Agree, that is the best performance we could have hoped for from Collaros. 
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Pigskin

Quote from: bomb squad on July 28, 2024, 02:28:38 PMAnybody else surprised they didn't review Castillo's field goal in OT? It looked like it went right over the left upright. I believe in the NFL that's ruled as good. Anybody know if it's the same in the CFL? I can't find anything on it. At the very least, I thought they should have reviewed it.

I was surprised they didn't review the IC on Demski in the OT.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Waffler

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 28, 2024, 01:19:45 AMBuck is standing on the sidelines, which is a bit odd for him... normally he's a booth guy.  Does anyone know if he did this last week?
I was wondering who actually is in the booth? They didn't show it as they usually do.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

TBURGESS

Collaros simply got pushed to the ground and took a short nap. His head didn't even bounce off of the turf. He didn't complain when the spotter took him out. That's worrisome to me. The fact that we're calling a 300 yard 1 TD 1 Pick game a great game for Collaros shows you how far he's fallen.

The Argo's decided to go for 3rd and 1 instead of taking the FG that would have put them up by 10 and got stuffed. Cue our comeback! A busted coverage for 7. A drive for an easy FG to put us up by 3. MOS ignores what he saw 5 minutes earlier. Goes on 3rd and 1 and we get stuffed. Both team need to learn to take the points when they are there.

The refs called PI the same both ways. They allowed contact. Personally I thought the Pick 6 was PI & the deep ball at the end of the game was PI on us, but that's not how they were calling it.

ELI looked pretty bad to start, but got better as the game went on. His run blocking is really good.

We deserved to lose. 5 turn overs. 2 missed FG's, one in OT. 5 sacks given up. Against their 3rd string QB who consistently threw behind open receivers.

As it stands, we're out of the playoffs. 1 loss behind Calgary, who has a game in hand. 2 behind Toronto who has a game in hand & gets the playoff spot if we're tied in the standings. If we don't get off of the matt against BC, we're pretty much cooked.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

Blue In BC

Quote from: bomb squad on July 28, 2024, 02:28:38 PMAnybody else surprised they didn't review Castillo's field goal in OT? It looked like it went right over the left upright. I believe in the NFL that's ruled as good. Anybody know if it's the same in the CFL? I can't find anything on it. At the very least, I thought they should have reviewed it.

A potential scoring play is automatically reviewed isn't it? Either way, I didn't think it was in.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

Quote from: TBURGESS on July 28, 2024, 03:18:33 PMCollaros simply got pushed to the ground and took a short nap. His head didn't even bounce off of the turf. He didn't complain when the spotter took him out. That's worrisome to me. The fact that we're calling a 300 yard 1 TD 1 Pick game a great game for Collaros shows you how far he's fallen.

The Argo's decided to go for 3rd and 1 instead of taking the FG that would have put them up by 10 and got stuffed. Cue our comeback! A busted coverage for 7. A drive for an easy FG to put us up by 3. MOS ignores what he saw 5 minutes earlier. Goes on 3rd and 1 and we get stuffed. Both team need to learn to take the points when they are there.

The refs called PI the same both ways. They allowed contact. Personally I thought the Pick 6 was PI & the deep ball at the end of the game was PI on us, but that's not how they were calling it.

ELI looked pretty bad to start, but got better as the game went on. His run blocking is really good.

We deserved to lose. 5 turn overs. 2 missed FG's, one in OT. 5 sacks given up. Against their 3rd string QB who consistently threw behind open receivers.

As it stands, we're out of the playoffs. 1 loss behind Calgary, who has a game in hand. 2 behind Toronto who has a game in hand & gets the playoff spot if we're tied in the standings. If we don't get off of the matt against BC, we're pretty much cooked.

Collaros looked to be in pain after that hit. The previous thorax problem might have caused that. I didn't think he had any concussion issue but he probably needed to come out as precaution.

Arguing about that doesn't go any where. They say you're out, then you're out. In that sense I have no issue with that result. He got checked, cleared and was back in shortly.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

TBURGESS

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 28, 2024, 03:22:08 PMCollaros looked to be in pain after that hit. The previous thorax problem might have caused that. I didn't think he had any concussion issue but he probably needed to come out as precaution.

Arguing about that doesn't go any where. They say you're out, then you're out. In that sense I have no issue with that result. He got checked, cleared and was back in shortly.
I'm not saying I have an issue with not arguing, but last time he got pulled by the spotter he went ballistic. This time, I'm guessing, he knew it was the right move.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

Blue In BC

Quote from: TBURGESS on July 28, 2024, 03:25:12 PMI'm not saying I have an issue with not arguing, but last time he got pulled by the spotter he went ballistic. This time, I'm guessing, he knew it was the right move.

2nd time that's happened this season and he missed 1 game as a result. He's being beaten to a pulp.

In our last 5 losses we've been outscored by a combined 30 points. So close but so far. Every game has one disaster that seals our fate.

It's not that there has only been a single issue but a turnover or a big play given up on defence ect etc, all part of the problem.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Waffler

And we have BC on a short week for us while they have the bye. It doesn't get any easier.

dd

J5V

Quote from: Pigskin on July 28, 2024, 03:09:17 PMI was surprised they didn't review the IC on Demski in the OT.
Guys, I know we don't want to sound like tinfoil wearing nut jobs, but there can be no doubt that we are being screwed over by this league for some reason. The nonsense in Regina followed by the crap in Toronto cannot be denied. Even Farhan Lalji came out with a statement today saying that Demski was clearly interfered with on the Argo pick-six play.

@FarhanLaljiTSN
#CFL officials do a far better job than they're given credit for. Command Center generally gets it right, both with review & eye in the sky, & the league is better for its use. But this is PI & should have been overturned IMHO.
Go Bombers!

Blue In BC

Quote from: J5V on July 28, 2024, 04:37:25 PMGuys, I know we don't want to sound like tinfoil wearing nut jobs, but there can be no doubt that we are being screwed over by this league for some reason. The nonsense in Regina followed by the crap in Toronto cannot be denied. Even Farhan Lalji came out with a statement today saying that Demski was clearly interfered with on the Argo pick-six play.

@FarhanLaljiTSN
#CFL officials do a far better job than they're given credit for. Command Center generally gets it right, both with review & eye in the sky, & the league is better for its use. But this is PI & should have been overturned IMHO.

I don't believe that's the case even though it seems penalty calls are not going our way. It would involve multiple ref crews to all be in some sort of conspiracy plan.

We know the call on the field requires definitive proof and it's a close call it goes the way of call on the field.

A few have gone our way like the non call on Nichols on that long pass attempt. The challenge didn't overturn the call on the field.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

J5V

Farhan goes on to say ...

Farhan Lalji

@FarhanLaljiTSN
His right arm is pulling Demski away from the ball and preventing him from getting there. This isn't incidental.
Go Bombers!