Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Toronto July 27, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, July 26, 2024, 04:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Go_Big_D

dumb call on 3rd and one...should have been at least a run over the end at least

Sir Blue and Gold

dd

Well, we found a way to lose this game, game should never have went into OT. Kick the field goal instead of going for it on 3rd and short and we win the game. Arbuckle hasn't moved the ball all game, take the points and win the game. Ards you still think MOS is best coach in the league??? He cost us the game tonightn

Cool Spot

This is one of those games where the Bombers beat themselves in the final minute and a half. Unreal how a series of poor execution (third down gamble, first drive in OT, and then missed FG) cost them a very good chance of victory.

Blue In BC

3 fumbles ( 2 lost ), 1 turnover on downs, 1 pic 6, 2 missed FG's.

That's enough to lose 3 or 4 games.

This was not a game we could afford to lose and to prevent the slide continuing.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Lincoln Locomotive

MOS with another bad call to lose yet another game we could have won despite all the turnovers we gifted them.    How many fumbles now for Demski this season!
Bomber fan for life

Big Daddy

I am so done right now,  I haven't been this pissed off about a bomber game in decades.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: dd on July 28, 2024, 01:56:23 AMWell, we found a way to lose this game, game should never have went into OT. Kick the field goal instead of going for it on 3rd and short and we win the game. Arbuckle hasn't moved the ball all game, take the points and win the game. Ards you still think MOS is best coach in the league??? He cost us the game tonightn

I didn't mind the call. That's not the first play I'd go to to explain the loss.

Blueforlife

We have seen ugly games before but that was pathetic

Comedy of errors

We used to find ways to win

Now we find ways to lose

So sad because we could have stomped them but our execution was pathetic

Silver linings:
Zach looked good
Wilson looked great
Brady was good
Kramdi and Biggie good
Griffin was good
Ford was good

I'll eat heavy crow re ball security and Demski, 3 kinds, baked, fried and bbq'd.

Sad day in Bomberland to be sure

Sir Blue and Gold

It's a painful game to lose but in case anyone is unaware, we are not a Grey Cup team this year. I would rather take a resounding thud than an 11-7 season. Personnel changes are coming for offence and defense eventually.

55StickCar

Still say we may be 5-13.
OMG that was bad!!

J5V

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on July 28, 2024, 01:59:32 AMIt's a painful game to lose but in case anyone is unaware, we are not a Grey Cup team this year. I would rather take a resounding thud than an 11-7 season. Personnel changes are coming for offence and defense eventually.
Sure but defense played an amazing game tonight. Jordan Younger deserves all kinds of praise. He has these guys playing great. Buck Pierce and the offense not so much.
Go Bombers!

J5V

I can't imagine what O'Shea is going to say in his presser tonight.
Go Bombers!

Lincoln Locomotive

I was thinking the Bombers would get smoked however we still found a way to lose in OT.  Castillo missing 2 FGs and a pick six and 4 turnovers with that last 3 and 1 gamble when in FG range....yeah and a L is still a L and the slide continues.  Back to back against BC isn't looking very promising right now....
I put this one on MOS though as at the end of the day we were in a position to kick for the winning FG and let our D stop the Argos with 49 seconds left on the clock.    Even the TSN panel agreed on this not that I always agree with them....but it was unanimous!
Bomber fan for life