Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Toronto July 27, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, July 26, 2024, 04:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

A win in Toronto and a Calgary loss against Ottawa would put the Bombers well within range of a playoff spot in the West and a shot at the cross over in the East.  This would be a game to win.

Injuries are still a prevalent factor for the Bombers but cannot be the excuse to justify another loss.  The replacement (next man up) players need to step up and show they can perform and perform well.

Ed Tait's 48-Hour Primer is here! and it focuses on an opportunity for Tony Jones.  Tony played in all 18 regular season games for Edmonton last year so that experience should help him here should he get an chance to start.

Depth Chart and other updates on the game will be posted here.  It is a big game and the Bombers need to be up for it and effective in all three aspects of the game.    Let's Go Bombers!
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Pigskin

Some numbers going into Saturday's game.

ZC8: 113/173 1406 yards. 65.3 Comp %, 2 TDs, 7 Int. 

ND10 31/370 11.9 avg. 50 longest.
BO20 77/415  5.4 avg. 28 longest.

Holm 35 DTs
BA37 34 DTs.
KW19 28 DTs
AB4  28 DTs

WJ5   16 DTS, 3 Sacks.
JT95  13 DTs, 1 Sack.
Adams 12 DTs, 3 Sacks.
Hubert 8 DTs.

Ayers: 10 STs
CAD:    8 STs
Feltmate: 6 STs.

Strev17:   6 TDs
JA27:   2TDs

Feltmate, Cole and Wilson are out.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Pigskin

I think Jones will do well in Wilson spot. He has excellent size and good speed.

Feltmate and Cole are two players that are very good on teams.

Blueforlife

Quote from: Pigskin on July 26, 2024, 07:42:15 PMI think Jones will do well in Wilson spot. He has excellent size and good speed.

Feltmate and Cole are two players that are very good on teams.
Nice to hear about Jones.  Who steps up on teams?

BBRT

With a weak defence and Zack really not up to par this may be a hard win. And with Jarian Grant returning punts and kickoffs for the Argos vs our weak coverage teams, I am really scared that this could turn into an Argo blowout.

Pigskin

Quote from: Blueforlife on July 26, 2024, 08:01:48 PMNice to hear about Jones.  Who steps up on teams?

That's your homework for tonight. Who will fill in for Cole and Feltmate??

Pigskin

Headed to Head:

Collaros: 1406 yards passing, doesn't run, 2TDs, 7Int. Sacks 10

Dukes:  1184 yards passing, 200 yard rushing, 6TDs, 5 Int. Sacks 6.

Dukes can get himself out of trouble with his legs. Looking for WJ5 to contain him.

Buck has to come up with a  game plan to keep ZC8 clean.

If we want to win, we have to win the turnover battle. We also have to shut down Grant. Glad we are not going to see RB88 tomorrow.   

gobombersgo

Ben Grant  @Ben__Grant
Here's how the Argos will line up against the Blue Bombers. McFadden, Mital, Milton, Ungerer, and Baron are in. Dennis, Edouard, Bailey, Brinkman, and Joseph are out. #Argos #CFL

dd

Quote from: Pigskin on July 26, 2024, 07:22:53 PMSome numbers going into Saturday's game.

ZC8: 113/173 1406 yards. 65.3 Comp %, 2 TDs, 7 Int. 

ND10 31/370 11.9 avg. 50 longest.
BO20 77/415  5.4 avg. 28 longest.

Holm 35 DTs
BA37 34 DTs.
KW19 28 DTs
AB4  28 DTs

WJ5  16 DTS
JT95  13 DTs
Adams 12 DTs
Hubert 8 DTs.

Ayers: 10 STs
CAD:    8 STs
Feltmate: 6 STs.

Strev17:  6 TDs
JA27:  2TDs

Feltmate, Cole and Wilson are out.

A couple of interesting stats that jumped out for me- usually your MLB is the leading tackler on the team, Holm, then BA lead the team in tackles, which is not good as they're downfield!! Jake Thomas has 3 less tackles than WJ5, wow. I can see teams scheming away from WJ, but still, Jake is only 3 tackles behind Willie. Good thing they're making the same dough..

GOLDMEMBER

I thought our coverage units this year have been quite good. To say they are suspect makes me think the poster is suspect themself. :D
They certainly have a a major challenge on there hands this week.

The D really just needs to keep doing what they are doing but securing a couple more turnovers would go a long way!

Zach needs to be good Zach not crappy Zach. WR maybe get open to help out the guy! Brady needs to just being a terror in the running game. OL GIVE ZACH TIME which will be a tough task this week. A few Tuddys would be nice.

Go Bombers Go
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blueforlife

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 26, 2024, 10:30:11 PMI thought our coverage units this year have been quite good. To say they are suspect makes me think the poster is suspect themself. :D
They certainly have a a major challenge on there hands this week.

The D really just needs to keep doing what they are doing but securing a couple more turnovers would go a long way!

Zach needs to be good Zach not crappy Zach. WR maybe get open to help out the guy! Brady needs to just being a terror in the running game. OL GIVE ZACH TIME which will be a tough task this week. A few Tuddys would be nice.

Go Bombers Go
Facts are presented above

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on July 26, 2024, 10:29:02 PMJake Thomas has 3 less tackles than WJ5, wow. I can see teams scheming away from WJ, but still, Jake is only 3 tackles behind Willie. Good thing they're making the same dough..

Was that /s?  Jake is probably making $120k, Willie still up around $175?  If they have the same DT stat, that makes Jake an even bigger bargain.
Never go full Rider!