Bombers @ Argos

Started by Blue In BC, July 21, 2024, 03:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DM83

Kelly activated so he can practice.?

LXTSN

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on July 26, 2024, 02:45:06 PMI'll read between the lines here: We just signed Aaron Grymes. We've got 11 (yes, 11!) secondary athletes dressed (CB/HB/S/SLB). That's not really super typical of us. I thought better defensive line play would help but maybe they've reached a different conclusion and are not super happy with how it's going back there. The secondary is hard to evaluate on outcome alone and it would appear they are looking for more/different options.
One more reason to have extra secondary players against the Argos would be to help cover Grant.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: LXTSN on July 26, 2024, 05:13:20 PMOne more reason to have extra secondary players against the Argos would be to help cover Grant.

Absolutely. Good point! (it's also a short week against BC and it's possible there are some guys with a few dings. Perhaps depending how the game goes we may want options there).

Blueforlife

Man o man are we nicked up

BBRT

Quote from: Blueforlife on July 26, 2024, 05:46:14 PMMan o man are we nicked up
Based on the game chart posted - this is at least IMHO the weakest game day roster I have seen in a very long time. Not much there to hope for - at least from what I can see.

gobombersgo

Ben Grant   @Ben__Grant
Here's how the Argos will line up against the Blue Bombers. McFadden, Mital, Milton, Ungerer, and Baron are in. Dennis, Edouard, Bailey, Brinkman, and Joseph are out. #Argos #CFL

GOLDMEMBER

Jesus Murphy, Wilson out long term really hurts! To me he was the only one holding our run D somewhat together.

Jones has a cool name but does he have the goods? TONNYY...- Seinfeld

Cole out to really sucks as well.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blueforlife

Quote from: BBRT on July 26, 2024, 06:11:13 PMBased on the game chart posted - this is at least IMHO the weakest game day roster I have seen in a very long time. Not much there to hope for - at least from what I can see.
I have hope, weak yes but not beaten (yet)

Cameron Dukes gets the start in Week 8 for the @torontoargos vs. the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

#CFL

Blueforlife

Quote from: gobombersgo on July 26, 2024, 06:15:50 PMBen Grant   @Ben__Grant
Here's how the Argos will line up against the Blue Bombers. McFadden, Mital, Milton, Ungerer, and Baron are in. Dennis, Edouard, Bailey, Brinkman, and Joseph are out. #Argos #CFL

I don't know these names well that are out, anyone notable ?

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on July 26, 2024, 03:27:32 PMWhy is Chad Kelly on the Argos AR?

Is he?  He's nowhere on the GD depth chart, and the bottom page shows the entire AR.  He's actually nowhere on that sheet, not on AR, PR nor IR.
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Go Bombers!

theaardvark

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 27, 2024, 02:32:42 AMIs he?  He's nowhere on the GD depth chart, and the bottom page shows the entire AR.  He's actually nowhere on that sheet, not on AR, PR nor IR.

The CFL website, if you look at "players" and choose "toronto", he is on the AR.

https://www.argonauts.ca/roster/

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on July 27, 2024, 03:33:25 PMThe CFL website, if you look at "players" and choose "toronto", he is on the AR.

https://www.argonauts.ca/roster/

Argos were waiting to hear whether he'd be eligible to return to practice soon, but no indication that will happen just yet.

Some info suggested that was at the discretion of the Argos but that doesn't seem correct. Other players suspended in the past have been unable to participate until post suspension.

It's not clear whether the 9 game minimum suspension will even be extended.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

J5V

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 27, 2024, 03:56:25 PMArgos were waiting to hear whether he'd be eligible to return to practice soon, but no indication that will happen just yet.

Some info suggested that was at the discretion of the Argos but that doesn't seem correct. Other players suspended in the past have been unable to participate until post suspension.

It's not clear whether the 9 game minimum suspension will even be extended.
Sheed was released for a reason and I don't think it was a locker room problem. It was likely to make room for Kelly. Why the Argos would want to tie their brand to the likes of Kelly is bizarre. They should have released him. He is one bizarre dude.
Go Bombers!

dd

Quote from: J5V on July 27, 2024, 04:37:10 PMSheed was released for a reason and I don't think it was a locker room problem. It was likely to make room for Kelly. Why the Argos would want to tie their brand to the likes of Kelly is bizarre. They should have released him. He is one bizarre dude.
Bizarre is putting it mildly. He's been strange from the start and a perfect fit for the Argos