Week 7 - Other Games: EDM@OTT TOR@HAM BC@CGY

Started by TecnoGenius, July 19, 2024, 11:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markf

biggest question is can the Elks, without Jones, pull off another exciting last second loss.

Blueforlife

TecnoGenius

Dru is prone to dumb mistakes when he's under pressure.  He needs to either run downfield himself or take a page from Matt Nichols' book.  I have him in fantasy and every pick costs me 2!!!
Never go full Rider!

Pete

Quote from: markf on July 20, 2024, 12:04:23 AMbiggest question is can the Elks, without Jones, pull off another exciting last second loss.

find a way elks!

TecnoGenius

2Q3:30 that was no yards on EDM again, LOL, uncalled.  Granted, this time it was 4Y out, not 3Y.  Still...
Never go full Rider!

Pete

they might as well, Ottawa used up their challenge

Pete

for some reason its a common occurance in Ottawa (streakers)

TecnoGenius

Wow, I'm shocked they called UR H2H on "just" a receiver!!  Stop the world!
Never go full Rider!

Pete

TecnoGenius

Dru just-missing Hardy in the EZ costs me big time fantasy points... Grrrrrrrr

Dial it in Dru!
Never go full Rider!

dd

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 20, 2024, 12:16:03 AMWow, I'm shocked they called UR H2H on "just" a receiver!!  Stop the world!
That was a blatant hit to the head from purifoy. It's like he lowered his head to hit the receiver in the head. That was totally avoidable to as the receiver was down. They have to hit clowns harder for doing crap like that.

dd

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 20, 2024, 12:22:36 AMDru just-missing Hardy in the EZ costs me big time fantasy points... Grrrrrrrr

Dial it in Dru!
He's off tonight, 2 picks, he's killing you on fantasy!!

TecnoGenius

The Acklin toe catch was a) amazing and b) actually a catch.  I did the computer tricks and the tip of his toe was still in bounds.  Stunning and amazing, maybe the catch of the week, even though it wasn't big yards.
Never go full Rider!

markf

I see defenders on both these teams hitting a lot harder than what we see from the Bombers.

ie, I don't think the Bombers do much hard hitting on D.

am I missing something?

TecnoGenius

EDM getting pressure consistently with 4, and OTT isn't adjusting (yet).  Need to buy Dru a bit more time.  And find the weak spot to attack.  So far what I'm seeing is a wide open flat.  Put in some crossers or FB/RB sneak-outs for the dump & YAC.

And bring in a 6th OL sometimes, like WPG does.

With Pimpleton emerging as a threat, OTT's WR corps is actually incredibly strong on paper.  Only that rookie NAT (Mardner) is weak (so far).  But if Dru doesn't have time or is uncomfortable, he's going to make mistakes.  So give him some protection.

P.S. The problems/pressure seem to be coming from OTT's NAT RT.
Never go full Rider!