Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Saskatchewan - July 19, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, July 17, 2024, 08:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Another game with no stat and no impact from Thomas. I don't think I'll re-watch this on PVR but he was run past, run around and just late to the party.

Why was Gauthier on the field? That's almost a given big play for the opponent and it was.

Garbutt looked like he'll round out into a good player.

That said, the team was a day late and a dollar short. They absolutely needed to win to have a decent chance to finish above 3rd. Need the Stamps to continue losing.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

GOLDMEMBER

Demski massive let down! Guy is a fumble machine lately.

Bighill is a liability

OL regresses again

Oliveira is A+

Willie had a good game

Holm was terrible

Young's defensive scheme is a mess.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Pigskin

Yes, if ND10 holds on to the ball we probably tie the game.

J5V

Lots of season left and I saw enough to have hope. With the homer calls and blatant robbery the Riders got today they barely beat us and only scored 19 points. That team doesn't scare me and a game like this will galvanise us. We are a good football team and are learning what it takes to become a great football team. I haven't seen that look in O'Shea's eyes in a long time but that's to bring out the best in him. You can bet we have a lot of great football ahead of us starting with the next game against the Argos. This is going to be fun!
Go Bombers!

Pigskin

Garbutt might be good, but we have to find Willy some help.

Doublezero

No idea why I selected Bombers in the Pickems. I made that decision on Thurs and almost immediately regretted it. Sask's 2nd string QB is better than our starter. But then you've also got Kolonkowski, Neufeld, Bighill, Alexander, Thomas. All that salary weighing down your ability to roster a decent team. Hate to say it but we got outcoached and outplayed by a better club. Kind of a sickening feeling.
Just gimme the rock.

dd

Quote from: Pigskin on July 20, 2024, 04:18:46 AMWas stupid, but Patterson put himself in that position.
What a ridiculous comment . Patterson was just trying to run the clock out to zero, no way bombers could win, back nine big hill did not have to do what he did. Just plain classless. He's a shadow of his former self. we need our MLB making big plays but not like that. This is shades of reinbolt days vs bc. Was waiting for mace to come out and push O'Shea!!

Blitzer

This is a team game. The other team will try to exploit the opposition's weaknesses. Looks like the Bombers have a lot of weak spots. That's disappointing.

dd

The Riders D made a huge play when it looked like we were going to score, that was the difference in the game right there. Great battle, worst game I can remember for officiating and I be been watching since 1974. An embarrassment really. That PI call on Ford was ridiculous.

ModAdmin

A number of posts have been removed.  It was a tough loss but it does not justify veiled threats and spoken insults.  If your emotions take the best of you, it might be better to take the rest of the evening off and come back with reasonable comments later.

Keep the forum civil.  Thanks.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

15 Eagles

The last few games the officiating has been good. Saw Proulx and was like oh crap. Dude is friggin useless. The o-line needs to step up also. Onto the next !!!
Alcohol. The cause of and solution to all of life's problems - Homer Simpson.

Go_Big_D

just out of curiosity, does proulx make the calls or does the other officials throw the flag and report to proulx on the call?

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Go_Big_D on July 20, 2024, 05:00:46 AMjust out of curiosity, does proulx make the calls or does the other officials throw the flag and report to proulx on the call?

Proulx makes them all. He has 12 eyes and stands in 11 different places at once.

dd

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on July 20, 2024, 05:02:17 AMProux makes them all. He has 12 eyes and stands in 11 different places at once.
In fairness to Andre the bad PI calls were made from the backfield officials, he was the furthest official from the play but what's he supposed to do, someone on his crew throws a flag he's got to announce it