"Gun" Celebrations

Started by TecnoGenius, July 16, 2024, 02:55:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drahgon

Quote from: Jesse on July 17, 2024, 03:45:11 PMThis is the lame take I don't want to be associated with. This is entertainment. If they want to spend some time having fun and entertaining us, why do some people have to be a stick in the mud?

Duck, duck, goose and bobsledding is harmless, inoffensive fun that everyone enjoyed.

Agreed, and do you know what demographic really like these celebrations? Kids! (AKA future ticket buyers)

LXTSN

Quote from: theaardvark on July 17, 2024, 02:18:41 PMMaybe restrict the celies to a single action.  One motion.  Anything more is "embelishment" or "Taunting", with a 5 or 10 yard penalty.

This crap of running to the endzone, doing a duck duck goose, or an exploding football mime, or some other posing crap does not add to the game at all.  You want those shenannigans, get the cheerleaders to do it.  Isn't that their job?

Not trying to be a stick in the mud, but this is a professional SPORT, not a dance competition, not the WWE.  Finish the play, take a quick bow, get back to your side of the LOS and on to the next play.  The excitement and entertainment should come from the plays.

You're being a stick in the mud.

blue_or_die

I'm good with any and all of it. Super fun.
#Ride?

dd

I m good with TD celly's. The one's I'd like to see flagged more often is guys celebrating knocking a reciever out of the game with a huge hit--arguably illegal. We should not be celebrating hurting anyone and there should be a flag for those who choose to do so.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on July 17, 2024, 02:18:41 PMThis crap of running to the endzone, doing a duck duck goose, or an exploding football mime, or some other posing crap does not add to the game at all.

TD celebrations are like any other aspect of the game: entertainment for spectators.

Quote from: theaardvark on July 17, 2024, 02:18:41 PMNot trying to be a stick in the mud

You sure? Read your comments again.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

theaardvark

When I mentioned running to the endzone, it happens when they make a pick at midfield. That is the waste of our time I dislike.  Especially when its a blowout either way, yet they still seem to want to celebrate.

You just make a catch or a pick 6 to take the lead, you have a right to celebrate.  But a pick at midfield when you are up by 28? Really?  You have to run to the EZ to dance in front of the celly cam?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on July 17, 2024, 09:29:09 PMWhen I mentioned running to the endzone, it happens when they make a pick at midfield. That is the waste of our time I dislike.  Especially when its a blowout either way, yet they still seem to want to celebrate.

You just make a catch or a pick 6 to take the lead, you have a right to celebrate.  But a pick at midfield when you are up by 28? Really?  You have to run to the EZ to dance in front of the celly cam?

That's when the fans will enjoy it most!
My wife is amazing!

DM83

Offensive,or actions That kids should not see should not be allowed.

If the celebration is offensive it should be penalized. 
That duck duck goose, or bowling bowling the ball and knocking down players acting as a bowling pin are"harmless" .

Randy Moss pretending to "moon" the crowd was offensive and disrespectful.
The rest of the celebrations are goofy.
Why would anyone care?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: DM83 on July 18, 2024, 01:44:37 PMRandy Moss pretending to "moon" the crowd was offensive and disrespectful.

Meh. Don't be a Joe Buck. That celly was gold in a great football game.

Let's watch it again:

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Jesse

Quote from: DM83 on July 18, 2024, 01:44:37 PMOffensive,or actions That kids should not see should not be allowed.

That duck duck goose, or bowling bowling the ball and knocking down players acting as a bowling pin are"harmless" .

Randy Moss pretending to "moon" the crowd was offensive and disrespectful.
The rest of the celebrations are goofy.
Why would anyone care?

My wife is amazing!

The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

Best CFL cellys in no particular order:
Kerwin Bell football in the groin
Hamilton players jump in the boat
Arland Bruce III tribute to Michael Jackson
Kelly Malveaux signs Milt Stegall's TD ball
Jon Gott chugs a fan's beer
Riders celebrating their 2009 Grey Cup "win"

blue_gold_84

Quote from: The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB on July 18, 2024, 02:21:33 PMBest CFL cellys in no particular order:
Kerwin Bell football in the groin
Hamilton players jump in the boat
Arland Bruce III tribute to Michael Jackson
Kelly Malveaux signs Milt Stegall's TD ball
Jon Gott chugs a fan's beer
Riders celebrating their 2009 Grey Cup "win"

Best Grey Cup not featuring the Bombers. ;D

I can't link the timestamp but go to 6:44 and enjoy the goodness.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

TecnoGenius

Quote from: DM83 on July 18, 2024, 01:44:37 PMOffensive,or actions That kids should not see should not be allowed.

That's a good point.  I don't want my kids seeing a player give the finger (which clearly has been banned for a long time) or actually pulling their shorts down.  There has to be some standards: and we can't just consider what the adults think.

Of course, the problem is that everyone has a different idea of what "offensive" means.  And "PC culture" gets ever stricter on what this is (hence the "gun" ban).

I do think the players should be allowed to have fun, though.  And our CFL celly rules seem a lot more sane than the NFL no-fun league rules.  If a player takes it too far, they'll get chided by their mates or coaches.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 19, 2024, 12:57:07 AMThat's a good point.  I don't want my kids seeing a player give the finger (which clearly has been banned for a long time) or actually pulling their shorts down.  There has to be some standards: and we can't just consider what the adults think.

Of course, the problem is that everyone has a different idea of what "offensive" means.  And "PC culture" gets ever stricter on what this is (hence the "gun" ban).

I do think the players should be allowed to have fun, though.  And our CFL celly rules seem a lot more sane than the NFL no-fun league rules.  If a player takes it too far, they'll get chided by their mates or coaches.

I'm not a fan of having the open TSN microphones on players, it doesn't add anything to the game and usually picks up nothing but idiotic profanities.  Trying to get my kids interested in watching the games, but I'm not keen on letting them listen to morons spouting off at each other.

Jesse

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 19, 2024, 05:43:12 AMI'm not a fan of having the open TSN microphones on players, it doesn't add anything to the game and usually picks up nothing but idiotic profanities.  Trying to get my kids interested in watching the games, but I'm not keen on letting them listen to morons spouting off at each other.

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 19, 2024, 12:57:07 AMThat's a good point.  I don't want my kids seeing a player give the finger (which clearly has been banned for a long time) or actually pulling their shorts down.  There has to be some standards: and we can't just consider what the adults think.

This is funny. Me and my friends were just kind of discussing if a football game was meant to be a family friendly event.

I would love to share the experience with my family one day, but football is as an event is simply geared towards adults. It's long, it starts late, it's loud, alcohol, swearing, gambling are everywhere. Kids simply don't enjoy it until they're old enough to start watching the game, and even then, it would be a long haul for most. And that's only if they like football.
My wife is amazing!