RESULTS OF WEEK #6 PICKEMS

Started by barbk, July 15, 2024, 02:53:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Jesse on July 19, 2024, 05:22:40 PMI did not.

Save Techno some time and money by checking out a case of Big Rock instead of wandering around Okotoks aimlessly searching for a rock.  :D

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 19, 2024, 06:25:14 PMSave Techno some time and money by checking out a case of Big Rock instead of wandering around Okotoks aimlessly searching for a rock:D

I like wandering aimlessly!  Especially when looking for rocks.
Never go full Rider!

ichabod_crane

From Google and BIG ROCK's website:

Why big rock beer?

In the middle of the vast Canadian Prairies rests a 16,000-ton boulder. It's the kind of thing that stands out, inspiring in its seeming impossibility. Taking our name from this longstanding curiosity, Big Rock Brewery was born

They have some good brews and especially when they came out originally in regards to garbage Aspirin tasting Molson Canadian (this improved with the new recipe a decade later)  or other undrinkable concoctions prior to real microbrews and brew pubs starting more in the 90's. BC had many brew pubs already in early 90's.

ichabod_crane

You can't miss the Okotoks erratic. It's in Google Maps and Apple maps and probably many more others too. It is very close to highway #7 going west of Okotoks to Diamond & Turney Valley. Small hick towns. It will be on your north side as you drive. I have seen it endless times already as often go hiking & camping & motorcycle cruises when I had such wheels to the Sheep River Kananaskis provincial park west of those towns. Very beautiful Foothills country. You can take a mountain road farther west to get eventually to the main Kananaskis park further west, but truly need a motocross bike or a major 4 wheel drive truck. If you are a masochist probably could make it through on a mountain bike, but not my idea of FUN! ;)

If you come to Calgary just to go to Canmore and Banff, you are missing some even more beautiful scenery in these other areas SW of Calgary. Sheep River park hardly nobody goes to so like a hidden gem. No resort town near it, but wild nature. Do an internet search on "Sheep River Alberta Photos" and you will see what I mean! ;)