Riders at Lions

Started by GOLDMEMBER, July 13, 2024, 11:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RebusRankin

Sad to see Yoshi get hurt.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: VictorRomano on July 14, 2024, 12:45:12 AMLooks bad.  Knee?

So long Yoshi, from the look in his eyes I think he knows he's done for the season.

dd

That's a huge loss for the Riders

TecnoGenius

Quote from: VictorRomano on July 14, 2024, 12:45:12 AMLooks bad.  Knee?

I'm watching late (as usual).  My take (from the computer) is he was stressing it too much (too far, too much weight on just that side) as he was losing balance from the DL guy's push, and then his knee just buckled and went limp.  That made his ankle look twisted a bit wonky, but I don't think it's ankle.  I think something popped inside his knee.

Could be due to age and wear & tear.  Both work against him here.  Not sure he's had many knee problems?  He's been pretty solid for us.

The fact he couldn't walk is not a good sign.  No matter what, he's probably out vs us next week.

Everyone everywhere loves Yoshi.  No one wants to see him hurt.  I bet he was looking forward to going up against big Willie J.  Oh well, maybe by LDC?  P.S. This plus no Trevor means SSK is ripe for a blue & gold butt kicking in 1 week...
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Yoshi's leg has given him trouble a few times this season. Sadly, I was kind of waiting for something like this.

I think he signed a 2-year deal with the Riders. Hopefully he can still come back from this strong, even if it does keep him out for a bit.
My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

Nobody wants to see anyone get hurt. Unfortunately football is a tough sport and bad things happen to nice people.

Yoshi has been a great player but he's a fan favourite and all around good guy.

Hopefully he'll recover soon.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

Sad to see Yoshi on the sidelines, and an expensive $SMS hit on the Riders.  The contract had to have some bonus and guaranteed money.  They were counting on his leadership and the excitement he brings, if he's gone for the year, or even longer, he will be hard to replace.

He was always a fan favourite here, and we were sad to see him move on, hope this isn't the last we see of him (except against us ;) )

Get well soon, Mr. Hardrick.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

markf

no quit in the Riders this season.

nice of their D backfield to ignore Macinnes for much of the game, even after it was obvious va was going to him.

Mace looked exasperated at one point.

Lincoln Locomotive

BC and VA was just too much for the Riders on this day.   VA is the leading candidate for MOP so far this season.  450 yards passing despite all those sacks he took in the first half and throwing 2 picks.    The Riders were game though and weren't able to capitalize on a few shots deep in BC territory however, BC was full marks for their win and are definitely the class of the West.   The Riders will miss Yoshi as you can't really replace him as he gives AJ Ouelette plenty of room to operate....he's a powerhouse runner and our D will have their work cut out for them as well as containing Schafer/Baker who is an absolute stud of a receiver.
Bomber fan for life

J5V

BC this year reminds me of Toronto last year. Seemingly unstoppable until they ran into that MTL defense.
Go Bombers!

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on July 14, 2024, 03:39:33 PMSad to see Yoshi on the sidelines, and an expensive $SMS hit on the Riders.  The contract had to have some bonus and guaranteed money.  They were counting on his leadership and the excitement he brings, if he's gone for the year, or even longer, he will be hard to replace.

He was always a fan favourite here, and we were sad to see him move on, hope this isn't the last we see of him (except against us ;) )

Get well soon, Mr. Hardrick.

I don't think Hardrick isn't eligible for guaranteed money. Pretty sure it's only for players re-signing with teams they've already been on for a certain amount of years.
My wife is amazing!

theaardvark

Quote from: Jesse on July 14, 2024, 10:05:53 PMI don't think Hardrick isn't eligible for guaranteed money. Pretty sure it's only for players re-signing with teams they've already been on for a certain amount of years.

That's right... but he got a big signing bonus...  so only $110k is game cheque $SMS eligible, or $6100 per game.  If he misses the rest of the season, they get $74k in $SMS relief.

Hardrick becomes the highest-paid American offensive lineman in the three-down league. He will collect a $120,000 signing bonus as part of a deal that totals $230,500 in hard money for both years. There's an additional $6,000 available in all-star incentives.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TecnoGenius

3Q10:53 The Campbell challenge McInnis catch spot:

Campbell chirping after losing the review... he has a very good point that I don't think the refs took into account.  He's saying "ya it was bobbled, but he got up and ran".

And he's 100% right, because as soon as the bobbling was over and possession was gained the SSK player was no longer in contact with him (I confirmed on computer PVR).  He instantly gets up and runs to maybe the 48.5YL, close enough to go for it on 3rd down.

The whistle sounds right as the tackle of him is starting.  So this is a lot like the Demski-down challenge we had.  Just like with Demski, the whistle takes 1.9s to be blown after the ref is determining him as down.  That is just simply too long.  So command is saying he bobbled and was DBC and his getting up is not part of the play because the ref determined he was DBC but was just slow on the whistle.

Once again, the refs are breaking the clear rule that basically says "err on the side of letting the play continue" because they have to be, by rule, "certain" they are DBC before blowing.

Once that mental whistle goes off in the refs head, that's the end of it, even if it takes him 1.9s to blow so the rest of us can gain the wisdom from his brain.  And once again, when the ref screws up by blowing a live play dead (against rules), there is zero recourse for regaining YAC... meaning low-yardage / high-YAC-capable plays are second class citizens when it comes to review.

Campbell got robbed just as we got robbed.
Never go full Rider!

dd

The ref made a mistake, just like everyone else on this planet, they are human. They don't have a PVR while doing the game they have to make a split second decision, and in some cases they get it wrong, it just happens.

TecnoGenius

4Q13:52 When Patterson runs for a near-TD and gets his lid popped off: that should be RTP from the precedent set when Kramdi got a flag.  That's flipper to the helmet in an excessively rough manner, and knocked his helmet off to boot.  By rule that's RTP.

EITS doesn't want to call it?  That would have setup SSK as 1st & goal from the 1, rather than 3rd down.
Never go full Rider!