Bombers @ Riders.

Started by Pigskin, July 13, 2024, 05:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Zipp

Riders defence is very good. Hard to say how they are against the run.

RebusRankin

Quote from: The Zipp on July 14, 2024, 01:25:16 AMRiders defence is very good. Hard to say how they are against the run.

Good statistically. Did a good job against Carey and Toronto. Their pass rush concerns me.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on July 13, 2024, 05:44:59 PMWe should beat the riders with Patterson running their offense. Another big game for us with a western division rival.

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 13, 2024, 09:45:48 PMIf the Bombers can't best a team with their back up QB, then we're not going to be in good shape going forward.

Uh, pretty sure we lost the LDC in 2023 to a Rider backup QB (Dolegala or Patterson?? don't remember).

We can totally lose to SSK in SSK to a backup... and since we made it to the GC, clearly such a loss doesn't mean much of anything.

That said, it is embarrassing and I really hope we don't let that happen this year!!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Is anyone going?  My son went behind my back and asked my wife for Wife Approval, and strangely enough she said "ok".  But we might have to do an all-in-a-single-day thing: start driving at noon and get home at 6am.  So I'm not sold on it yet.

This game may be a better "show" for us WPG fans since we have a way better chance of winning with no Trevor, and without the big crowd and bells & whistles of the LDC.
Never go full Rider!

Sir Blue and Gold

Will be an interesting game. If the Riders were a stock, they'd be a strong sell. They had no business being 4-0. On the other hand, they are certainly capable of beating this year's Bombers team, especially at home.

The Zipp

Sask - even with Patterson will be a tougher match than Calgary.

They play physical and oulette can cause issues if he gets rolling.

Blue In BC

Quote from: The Zipp on July 14, 2024, 01:34:01 PMSask - even with Patterson will be a tougher match than Calgary.

They play physical and oulette can cause issues if he gets rolling.

I wasn't too impressed with the Lions secondary that gave up big chunks. We're prone to that as well but not to the level the Lions seem to be.

Riders won't have Hardrick this week. Oullette didn't come out out the game unscathed. He'll play but might be limited.

Even without Hardrick can we sustain more pressure on Patterson?

278 yards passing but 171 was YAC. Longest 2 receptions were 51 and 49 yards. Sloppy tackling and leaving those 2 receivers open all night. Same as the Riders secondary that left McInnis open for 250 YARDS on 14 catches. Wow.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

If Zach and the Bombers play well like they did against Cgy. I think they can beat both the Lions and the Riders, it's up to them to limit errors and do so though, which isn't a given.  Patterson is woefully limited in his abilities and if the Bombers can avoid giving up YAC explosion plays to their top receivers which put them in scoring territory, they should be easily contained and disposed of.

dd

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 14, 2024, 02:22:56 PMI wasn't too impressed with the Lions secondary that gave up big chunks. We're prone to that as well but not to the level the Lions seem to be.

Riders won't have Hardrick this week. Oullette didn't come out out the game unscathed. He'll play but might be limited.

Even without Hardrick can we sustain more pressure on Patterson?

278 yards passing but 171 was YAC. Longest 2 receptions were 51 and 49 yards. Sloppy tackling and leaving those 2 receivers open all night. Same as the Riders secondary that left McInnis open for 250 YARDS on 14 catches. Wow.
I wonder how burnt the Riders feel watching McInnis light it up week after week!!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: dd on July 14, 2024, 02:59:55 PMI wonder how burnt the Riders feel watching McInnis light it up week after week!!

It's scary how easy he runs his routes and catches the ball, I'm not sure how he can defended against effectively when Adams is slinging the ball so well.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 14, 2024, 03:49:19 PMIt's scary how easy he runs his routes and catches the ball, I'm not sure how he can defended against effectively when Adams is slinging the ball so well.

It's a lethal combination. Opponents can't give Adams that much time to throw. Wind and rain will impede this somewhat as the season progresses. At the moment, this is high speed perfection.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

The Zipp

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 14, 2024, 04:29:16 PMIt's a lethal combination. Opponents can't give Adams that much time to throw. Wind and rain will impede this somewhat as the season progresses. At the moment, this is high speed perfection.

Scary part is if the lions lock up first place they won't have to face wind, rain or cold.  They can be beat - VA will make mistakes and there will be injuries, they are well coached though and right now look to be #1 in the west. 

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: The Zipp on July 14, 2024, 06:12:29 PMScary part is if the lions lock up first place they won't have to face wind, rain or cold.  They can be beat - VA will make mistakes and there will be injuries, they are well coached though and right now look to be #1 in the west. 

The Grey Cup is also in Vancouver this year in an enclosed stadium, so they may not even experience a chill on their way to the GC.

J5V

Quote from: The Zipp on July 14, 2024, 06:12:29 PMScary part is if the lions lock up first place they won't have to face wind, rain or cold.  They can be beat - VA will make mistakes and there will be injuries, they are well coached though and right now look to be #1 in the west. 
We lost to them by what, two points? Our D can be formidable and I like the job Jordan Younger has done since taking over from Richie. It looks a lot like a Richie defense built on the bend-but-dont-break principle. What I did notice that was different was our contain of a QB when he decides to take off with it. We used to get burned by QBs doing that (Crum, 2023) but don't seem as susceptible to it now (Crum, 2024). So there are differences. I believe that as this defense matures we'll see it smooth over some of the rough spots and do a better job limiting the explosion plays and pressuring the QB. Time will tell but I like the positive trends.
Go Bombers!

peg_city

Riders are favoured by .5-1.5 points according to Vegas.

We have injuries but so do they. I'm thinking we don't have any excuses losing this game. Stills lots of tickets available.