Bombers @ Riders.

Started by Pigskin, July 13, 2024, 05:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Would like to see us improve our return game. Also, need to find more pressure from our DL. We are giving QBs far to long to throw. Really like what coach Miller has done with our coverage team. He's putting together a pretty good unit. ZC8 looked much better, but he needs to stop throwing picks every game.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

theaardvark

ZC*'s TD/INT ratio improved infinitely last game... 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

dd

We should beat the riders with Patterson running their offense. Another big game for us with a western division rival. A win here puts us in the thick of things with lots of games to come and with Lawler hopefully coming back soon, we ll hit our stride and make a push for the playoffs

Waffler

Huge game again. If the usual split happens Labor Day/Banjo Bowl this would end up being the deciding game.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

dd

We should beat the riders with Patterson running their offense. Another big game for us with a western division rival. A win here puts us in the thick of things with lots of games to come and with Lawler hopefully coming back soon, we ll hit our stride and make a push for the playoffs

Blue In BC

Riders are very beat up on their DL. Will be interesting to see how they manage against the Lions. It's not clear which if any of those DL will be available when they play us.

Two of the 4 went to 6 game IR and 2 went to 1 game IR.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: dd on July 13, 2024, 05:44:59 PMWe should beat the riders with Patterson running their offense. Another big game for us with a western division rival. A win here puts us in the thick of things with lots of games to come and with Lawler hopefully coming back soon, we ll hit our stride and make a push for the playoffs

Yep, important to put the Riders back in their place before Harris comes back, will accept a split of the LDC and BB, 2 out of 3 is acceptable.

Pigskin

Can Wilson put together back to back games?

Will Lucky or Kody Case, replace Smith at KR?

Is Garbutt ready to return? We need the push on the DL.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on July 13, 2024, 09:03:50 PMCan Wilson put together back to back games?

We don't need to necessarily have Whitehead or Case replace Smith in any aspect in the return game. OTOH, we can remove Mitchell from the AR with one of them as a back up receiver. Whether they use one in the return game is a different issue than getting one on the AR.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

RebusRankin

Quote from: Pigskin on July 13, 2024, 09:03:50 PMCan Wilson put together back to back games?

Curious why you'd want to take Smith off? He's been a solid returner.

Blue In BC

If the Bombers can't best a team with their back up QB, then we're not going to be in good shape going forward.

Aside from their QB, they are now facing issues on their DL.

Oliveria should have a good game. When he does, the team does well.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

dd

Quote from: RebusRankin on July 13, 2024, 09:36:50 PMCurious why you'd want to take Smith off? He's been a solid returner.
He's been decent but he hasn't broken any. Lucky can break one at any time so I d at the very least give him a shot To return and see if can break one. My money says he can.

RebusRankin

Quote from: dd on July 13, 2024, 09:52:07 PMHe's been decent but he hasn't broken any. Lucky can break one at any time so I d at the very least give him a shot To return and see if can break one. My money says he can.

I'd take Mitchell off before Smith. Agree on Smith not breaking any. Whitehead also hasn't returned kicks since 2019 (ok in 2021)

Jesse

Quote from: RebusRankin on July 13, 2024, 09:36:50 PMCurious why you'd want to take Smith off? He's been a solid returner.

He hasn't dropped the ball like some of other replacements; he hasn't done anything super positive yet either.
My wife is amazing!

dd

Quote from: RebusRankin on July 13, 2024, 10:14:44 PMI'd take Mitchell off before Smith. Agree on Smith not breaking any. Whitehead also hasn't returned kicks since 2019 (ok in 2021)
Yes, that's why I would see if he still can return kicks, since he was out of a job a week ago, I think he d be very motivated to show us what he's got and my money says he ll break one proving himself