Official Game Day Thread - Calgary at Winnipeg, July 12, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, July 11, 2024, 01:50:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dd

Quote from: dd on July 13, 2024, 02:52:15 AMI like this Ontario Wilson kid. Making plays
I ll say it again, I like this Wilson kid!! Over 200 yds receiving tonight. Man did we need that big game out of him!!

55StickCar

We are up by four.Just what we need to win the season series. C'mon boys.

Blitzer

My headache is better now but my nerves are shot.

J5V

Go Bombers!

markf

Blue In BC

Won the game and won the series.

3 turnovers by the defence including a pick 6. It may have still been their worst game I can't remember, 37 points given up. Maybe not even in 2023?

O. Wilson came to play. It was 1 game but he showed speed, hands, effort and toughness.

Somebody tell me why J. Johnson and Mitchell are still on the roster? J. Johnson had 1 target and 1 catch for 7 yards. He hasn't had many games under his belt but sheesh.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

dd

Blitzer

CJOB pre-game said Wilson was getting faster and faster at practice. It looks like he's ready to go. I think he's going to be a good one. He played with the Chargers.

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

Quote from: dd on July 13, 2024, 03:27:58 AMIn case of further injuries

You may as well line up a pylon if you don't throw to them. We also have 3 receivers on the PR now, so I think he gets bumped to the PR or outright released over the weekend.

Gauthier still a factor on ST's. Drew an illegal block penalty just before half time. Glad he's not taking reps on defence anymore.

Thomas got flattened and the Stamps had a 53 yard running play. He also got caught in the wash including a long passing play a couple of times.

Essentially he was ineffective until he made a critical sack in the last couple of minutes when Stamps were trying to make something happen and were pressing.

He needs to be taking less reps on defence. He is increasingly become more of a liability. Mills had an average of over 8 yards with a total of 131. Obviously not all on Thomas but he certainly wasn't part of stopping it either.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

S1L1K0N

The Bombers needed that win, that was a ballsy call by to go for the 2 point convert, getting it gave them a huge confidence boost, similar to when Calgary converted that 3rd and 3 late in the 3rd quarter.  Sure was a fun game to watch, hard on the nerves though, LoL
60% of the time it works 90% of the time!