6 game IR players

Started by Blue In BC, July 10, 2024, 03:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Anyone know how Lawson, Kelly or Parker are doing in rehab? Haven't heard what their specific injuries were. No info they are practising but all will have reached the 6 game missed mark.

So they are eligible to come off but there hasn't been any suggestion that is likely. We likely see extensions happen this week.

Were any of their injuries season ending or is there a guesstimate on when they might start practising again?

2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 10, 2024, 03:33:02 PMAnyone know how Lawson, Kelly or Parker are doing in rehab? Haven't heard what their specific injuries were. No info they are practising but all will have reached the 6 game missed mark.

So they are eligible to come off but there hasn't been any suggestion that is likely. We likely see extensions happen this week.

Were any of their injuries season ending or is there a guesstimate on when they might start practising again?

They've reached the 4 game "return to practice with the team" mark, but are 1 game (1-4) away from returning to the AR without $SMS hit.  I anticipate any of them that can return won't until after next game so that we recover as much $SMS as we can.

Only Bryant and Chris-Ike are listed as DNP, Garbutt Full.  Other 6 gamers still not practising.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 10, 2024, 03:33:02 PMAnyone know how Lawson, Kelly or Parker are doing in rehab? Haven't heard what their specific injuries were. No info they are practising but all will have reached the 6 game missed mark.

Obviously no one has definitive information, but whenever it's mentioned off hand by reporters, my sense seems to be that none will be back any time soon.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

I reported on this yesterday. Lawson and Parker, not looking good probably need another 6 games.

Kelly running sprints  all practice. Look like he is ready.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

BBRT

Can anyone confirm what Schoen's injury actually is and how long he will be out for?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: BBRT on July 10, 2024, 04:58:14 PMCan anyone confirm what Schoen's injury actually is and how long he will be out for?

IIRC, it was Naylor who reported late last month that Schoen suffered a knee injury* and wouldn't return this season.

The team hasn't confirmed or denied either part.

* apparently non-contact
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Jesse

Quote from: BBRT on July 10, 2024, 04:58:14 PMCan anyone confirm what Schoen's injury actually is and how long he will be out for?

We know he's out for year. Are you asking the exact recovery time? Because we'll never get that info.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

I have been to a few practice since DS83 was injured. Haven't seen him hanging out on the injury bench.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on July 10, 2024, 05:14:47 PMI have been to a few practice since DS83 was injured. Haven't seen him hanging out on the injury bench.

If he's even still in the city, he's with the trainers going through rehab at that time, probably.
My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on July 10, 2024, 04:28:38 PMI reported on this yesterday. Lawson and Parker, not looking good probably need another 6 games.

Kelly running sprints  all practice. Look like he is ready.

Kelly was a good ST player but similar to the Noah Hallett issue, we don't currently need to add another Canadian DB.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Sir Blue and Gold

Noah is on the injury report as practicing despite being on the 6-game. The players you asked about are nowhere on the list. Means they are at minimum 2-3 weeks away, probably more. Likely they'll all be extended and we'll see after that.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on July 10, 2024, 05:40:17 PMNoah is on the injury report as practicing despite being on the 6-game. The players you asked about are nowhere on the list. Means they are at minimum 2-3 weeks away, probably more. Likely they'll all be extended and we'll see after that.

I know that but it's more of a question about how severe the injuries were. With no info about practising for those players they could be on IR another 6 games or lost for the season. Just looking for more transparency about these and any IR player of even daily IR reports.

Bombers tend to list a bunch of players as Questionable on daily reports and then they play. Other teams seem to be more transparent which is what the league wanted.

Bryant is listed as DNP and I expect him to be listed as Questionable tomorrow. I also expect he probably plays. Of course I could be wrong in this instance but every week we see other teams list players as " out ".
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 10, 2024, 06:10:41 PMI know that but it's more of a question about how severe the injuries were. With no info about practising for those players they could be on IR another 6 games or lost for the season. Just looking for more transparency about these and any IR player of even daily IR reports.

Bombers tend to list a bunch of players as Questionable on daily reports and then they play. Other teams seem to be more transparent which is what the league wanted.

I get asking the question -- we all want to know -- but the reality is no one officially knows what most of the injuries even are let alone how severe they are.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on July 10, 2024, 06:13:52 PMI get asking the question -- we all want to know -- but the reality is no one officially knows what most of the injuries even are let alone how severe they are.

I get that but the Bombers seem to be the least transparent of all the teams. Using Bryant as the example, I have no doubt the team knows whether he will play this week or not. I want to see if they in fact list him as questionable and whether he plays. I'll be surprised if he's listed as " out " and doesn't play but it's more about how they list him.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 10, 2024, 06:20:34 PMI get that but the Bombers seem to be the least transparent of all the teams. Using Bryant as the example, I have no doubt the team knows whether he will play this week or not. I want to see if they in fact list him as questionable and whether he plays. I'll be surprised if he's listed as " out " and doesn't play but it's more about how they list him.

It's simple. They don't show their hand more than is required.

In Bryant's case: if he's off to the 6-game IR tomorrow he'll be listed as 'out' at the same time as they make the that move. If he's on the 1 game IR or he's going to play he'll be listed as 'questionable' up until they need to declare their roster.

It's not really unique to the Bombers, though. It's kind of standard procedure.