Lions vs Ticats

Started by dd, July 07, 2024, 11:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on July 08, 2024, 01:16:16 AMAnd there it is..."penalty in Winnipeg..." crowd lets him have it and he bursts out laughing

Canadian Legend

That was awesome.  I rarely keep other-team games for very long on the PVR, but this one is going in my treasure repository... just that 10s clip.

The HAM crowd sure got riled up by that screw up!

I've never seen Proulx smile so big a smile.  He probably was blushing!

I think HAM should have gotten a free 10Y just for the ref getting the home city name wrong.  :D  :D  :D
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on July 08, 2024, 01:30:33 AMTim white needs to strong arm catch that and the drive stays alive. 

He is a bust for the $$ so far this season

Ya, but so is Kenny & Schoen, and E.Lewis in EDM.  The mega-bucks guys aren't having good years... yet.  The middling guys are having a better year.

That's the risk of blowing wads on a couple of key Rs.

P.S. HAM used White as the DNA again... so he can only play 23 snaps.  Since the rule was created, this is by far the most creative use of it.  Not sure I agree with it; but HAM is trying to do something they think will help them.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on July 08, 2024, 12:14:35 AMAnd BLM is being paid $520k to play this bad!!

I thought BLM restructured after the garbage 2023?  I think he's taking way less than normal starter salary now.  He certainly isn't worthy anywhere near $500k.
Never go full Rider!

DM83

I thought he was done after his last game last year. He was awesome as a commentator. Some teams are not worth watching.

TBURGESS

Quote9) Bo Levi Mitchell, Hamilton Tiger-Cats (A)
Hard money: $225,500
Maximum value: $361,500

The two-time MOP took a pay cut this off-season after earning over $500,000 in 2023 as the second-highest-paid player in the CFL. Mitchell got a $50,000 signing bonus to redo his deal and can earn a $4,000 bonus each time he plays more than half Hamilton's offensive snaps in a regular season game. He could make $15,000 if he does so for five games, $17,000 if he does so for nine games, and $17,000 if he does so for 14 games.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

Heads are going to start to roll soon in Hamilton. Roster movement that is, but whether those are PR players given a chance or maybe even some trades are possible at this point. It looked like a few players were just mailing it in as the game progressed.

Maybe we can convince them to trade Sayles back to us for a 3rd or 4th round pick and a couple of neg list players.  I can dream can't I.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 08, 2024, 03:15:25 PMMaybe we can convince them to trade Sayles back to us for a 3rd or 4th round pick and a couple of neg list players.  I can dream can't I.

Haha, he was pretty much the only DL guy making plays that game!  Doubt they ditch him.

As for BLM, if you have no other options, $350 for BLM isn't bad.  Sometimes his arm and eyes and brain work.  Sometimes.

If I was HAM I'd look long and hard at obtaining Masoli after he can return to play.  Just don't pay any bonus money!!  Those fans would go mental over Masoli returning.
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 09, 2024, 03:52:04 AMAs for BLM, if you have no other options, $350 for BLM isn't bad.  Sometimes his arm and eyes and brain work.  Sometimes.
BLM hasn't been the same since mangling his shoulder. Sure he has rehabbed it but he just doesn't throw as effortlessly as he used to. Reminds me a lot of when Travis Lulay had his shoulder mangled. Never was the same and knew enough to hang them up. BLM hasn't figured that out yet.
Go Bombers!

dd

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 08, 2024, 03:15:25 PMHeads are going to start to roll soon in Hamilton. Roster movement that is, but whether those are PR players given a chance or maybe even some trades are possible at this point. It looked like a few players were just mailing it in as the game progressed.

Maybe we can convince them to trade Sayles back to us for a 3rd or 4th round pick and a couple of neg list players.  I can dream can't I.
they can start with their secondary. My flag football team can cover guys better than that!!

DM83

Some of these games are hardly professional. What the bell is Hamilton doing?
They can't stay onside.