Quote from: The Zipp on July 08, 2024, 05:08:45 PMFrom DT:

Lucky W is there wearing 13
Stanley Bryant and ELi taking the day off
Zach is back
Cadwallader not practicing
BO reduced workload today
Myron Mitchell in fro Josh Johnson
Lucky Ogbevoen getting reps in Fayads spot

Ogbevoen is nearly 30 lbs lighter than Fayad. If he's added to the AR he'd replace a Canadian not an import in the ratio. I can't imagine he'd be used as a starting DE!!!!  Technically we could play an import less if we add a global but that's not the norm. Neither is starting 10 Canadians.

Did you see Garbutt getting reps at DE?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

The Zipp

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 08, 2024, 05:13:55 PMOgbevoen is nearly 30 lbs lighter than Fayad. If he's added to the AR he'd replace a Canadian not an import in the ratio. I can't imagine he'd be used as a starting DE!!!! 

I wish I was there...just going by twitter

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 08, 2024, 05:13:55 PMOgbevoen is nearly 30 lbs lighter than Fayad. If he's added to the AR he'd replace a Canadian not an import in the ratio. I can't imagine he'd be used as a starting DE!!!!  Technically we could play an import less if we add a global but that's not the norm. Neither is starting 10 Canadians.

So many people here love the ratio! Maybe we'll start 11 Canadians on Friday!  :D

theaardvark

I wonder if the sticking point was that Lucky can't get any 7's (Parker, Streveler, Murphy), so he's Lucky 13. 

Guessing it was a work VISA snafu, when you don't have a job, not sure how long they stay valid. 

Starting on the PR, i can see a promotion to AR quickly once he's had a couple practices to get up to speed.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on July 08, 2024, 05:35:55 PMI wonder if the sticking point was that Lucky can't get any 7's (Parker, Streveler, Murphy), so he's Lucky 13. 

Guessing it was a work VISA snafu, when you don't have a job, not sure how long they stay valid. 

Starting on the PR, i can see a promotion to AR quickly once he's had a couple practices to get up to speed.

It will be interesting to see how quickly Whitehead gets on the AR. He could just replace Mitchell this week as the K/O returner and back up receiver.

It starts with whether Clercius can't start and / or what the plan for the other 2 receivers on the PR looks like.

Parker's injury was not clear other than going to miss a lot of time. He may not play this season so he might be willing to give up his number.

Both are only signed for 2024 at the moment, so it's an interesting question. I like 13 anyway ( my birthday ).
2019 Grey Cup Champions

CrazyCanuck89

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on July 08, 2024, 05:28:06 PMSo many people here love the ratio! Maybe we'll start 11 Canadians on Friday!  :D

You're not Canadian if you hate the ratio.  BC started an all Canadian linebacking corps last game.  Rotating two Canadian Dlinemen and have a good safety, whose backup is going to be just as good.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 08, 2024, 05:42:44 PMIt will be interesting to see how quickly Whitehead gets on the AR. He could just replace Mitchell this week as the K/O returner and back up receiver.

It starts with whether Clercius can't start and / or what the plan for the other 2 receivers on the PR looks like.

Parker's injury was not clear other than going to miss a lot of time. He may not play this season so he might be willing to give up his number.

Both are only signed for 2024 at the moment, so it's an interesting question. I like 13 anyway ( my birthday ).

I think if Lucky can show he's in great shape and knows what he's doing he'll be put in the lineup quickly, possibly this week.  If Zach is starting he'll need all the experienced receivers he can get.

Blue In BC

Quote from: CrazyCanuck89 on July 08, 2024, 05:57:18 PMYou're not Canadian if you hate the ratio.  BC started an all Canadian linebacking corps last game.  Rotating two Canadian Dlinemen and have a good safety, whose backup is going to be just as good.

I'm Canadian and I hate the ratio. It's form of discrimination whether you admit it or not.  I'm all for Canadians doing well. Having a ratio to prevent others that may be better players not be included, is just not right.

You might note that the ratio includes global players on both the AR and PR. That is at the cost of Canadian players. It has nothing to do with whether they are better than either imports or Canadians.

Just another reason to hate the ratio.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 08, 2024, 06:44:53 PMI'm Canadian and I hate the ratio. It's form of discrimination whether you admit it or not.  I'm all for Canadians doing well. Having a ratio to prevent others that may be better players not be included, is just not right.

You might note that the ratio includes global players on both the AR and PR. That is at the cost of Canadian players. It has nothing to do with whether they are better than either imports or Canadians.

Just another reason to hate the ratio.

It is...?
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

theaardvark

So, ratio is discrimination against Americans in favour of Canadians, and the Global designation discriminates against Canadians in favour of international players?

Or, is it just a rule to ensure continued development of players in Canada, and the USports brand? (Still think that is the dumbest name possible for Canadian University Sports.CUSports would be better. CanU sports.

Ratio makes the game more interesting, give a draft structure that keeps parity, makes fielding a roster and managing it on field a different level.  Reduces the haves/have nots a bit, and builds some continuity.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on July 08, 2024, 06:54:27 PMIt is...?

Discrimination is discrimination whether it's in the direction you want or not.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on July 08, 2024, 07:48:54 PMSo, ratio is discrimination against Americans in favour of Canadians, and the Global designation discriminates against Canadians in favour of international players?

Or, is it just a rule to ensure continued development of players in Canada, and the USports brand? (Still think that is the dumbest name possible for Canadian University Sports.CUSports would be better. CanU sports.

Ratio makes the game more interesting, give a draft structure that keeps parity, makes fielding a roster and managing it on field a different level.  Reduces the haves/have nots a bit, and builds some continuity.

Hockey, baseball and basketball don't have ratios. I don't think most of fans at games can name all the Canadians on the roster. I can. You might but that isn't generally true.

I cheer for players on the roster whether they are from Winnipeg or Alabama or beyond.

Fans cheer for the stars on a team. If they are Canadian all the better.

Don't think they are concerned that Lawler, Schoen, Bighill, Bryant, Nichols, Streveler or Collaros are not Canadian.

They are concerned when a given player is not good enough to be on the team or starting.

Sure it makes the game more interesting because of the mandates but that's an artificial situation.

There never used to be 4 extra DI's on rosters either. 

So where do you draw the line? Does the quality of the game go down if you eliminate more Americans?  Bombers have better Canadian depth than most teams.

In spite of that we've heard posters talk about Thomas, Kolo, Kramdi shouldn't be starting. In fairness there have been comments that Alexander, Lofton, Bighill shouldn't be starting either.

Keep in mind that the roster was 32 players long ago with 15 imports and 17 Canadians. Many of the imports played both ways and seldom came off the field.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 08, 2024, 08:06:31 PMDiscrimination is discrimination whether it's in the direction you want or not.

Hell of a job elaborating.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Blue In BC

Dailey IR report shows Bryant, Eli and Oliveria as DNP. I only saw Bryant liming during the game but I expect we'll see them all play unless there is a risk of further injury.

There was no info about Bonds not practising, which could be a good sign it was just a stinger. Maybe somebody at practice can address that issue.

Collaros is back if there is no problems after doing so today.
2019 Grey Cup Champions