Calgary @ Winnipeg

Started by Blue In BC, July 07, 2024, 03:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Quote from: dd on July 15, 2024, 11:04:12 PMThere's enough blame to go around for everyone on the DL, but you can start with Willie Jefferson —-he has 2 sacks over 6 games, prorated over the season, that's 6 sacks. Not much for the much talked about and highly paid superstar.

Your best players have to be your best players, and clearly WJ ain't pulling his weight. Collaros was struggling, but seems to have upped his game last game.

Back off on chewing on Thomas and if Jefferson could get to the Qb twice as often as he has been, we d all be happier

Yet, strangely, Dave Dickensen said Jefferson "had his way" with the Stamps in that game.  Hmmmm.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

TecnoGenius

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on July 15, 2024, 11:22:09 PMYeah, it isn't like he's getting double-teamed most of the time or anything...

Jefferson is the absolute least of the D-line's issues right now. Look beyond a stat line.

Last game Fatboi got double-teamed way more than Willie!  Go watch!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ModAdmin on July 16, 2024, 12:23:17 AMYet, strangely, Dave Dickensen said Jefferson "had his way" with the Stamps in that game.  Hmmmm.

I'll have to dig up the interview again, but I think they meant in terms of the run stop, especially in H2.  Willie was really focusing on edge contain.

And, yes, Willie often gets pressures and disruptions that don't result in a stat.  He's definitely playing to a "team first" mentality these days, and I'm sure the coaches are satisfied he's doing his job.
Never go full Rider!

LXTSN

Calgary has allowed the least amount of sacks across the league so far in 2024, and they run the ball really well. It might be worth going back and watching to see how much pressure other teams have been able to create against this team. I mean... we are putting up our second and third string players (and some PR players) up against the best OL in the CFL. If we aren't blitzing, don't expect to get to the QB!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: ModAdmin on July 16, 2024, 12:23:17 AMYet, strangely, Dave Dickensen said Jefferson "had his way" with the Stamps in that game.  Hmmmm.

Is dd out of touch? No... It's Dickenson who is wrong. ;)
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

Blueforlife

Oline doing fine

CFL HONOUR ROLL – WEEK 6: OFFENSIVE LINE

Winnipeg Blue Bombers | CGY 37 – WPG 41

PFF unit grade: 67.2
Top-3 performers
Stanley Bryant | 70.6
Asotui Eli | 65.7
Liam Dobson | 65.2

Jesse

Quote from: Blueforlife on July 16, 2024, 06:56:19 PMOline doing fine

CFL HONOUR ROLL – WEEK 6: OFFENSIVE LINE

Winnipeg Blue Bombers | CGY 37 – WPG 41

PFF unit grade: 67.2
Top-3 performers
Stanley Bryant | 70.6
Asotui Eli | 65.7
Liam Dobson | 65.2

Almost like these guys could have used a pre-season to work together before the games counted.
My wife is amazing!

Blueforlife

Quote from: Jesse on July 18, 2024, 06:44:21 PMAlmost like these guys could have used a pre-season to work together before the games counted.
Not worth injuries imo, will work out

Pigskin

Quote from: Jesse on July 18, 2024, 06:44:21 PMAlmost like these guys could have used a pre-season to work together before the games counted.

Agree. We might be 4-2, 5-1, instead on 2-4.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blueforlife on July 19, 2024, 02:17:43 AMNot worth injuries imo, will work out

Uh, that ship has sailed.  Guaranteed MOS learned his lesson and 2025 TC/PS will be more "traditional".  He practically admitted as much in pressers before we got our first win, in his own roundabout MOS-like kind of way.
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 19, 2024, 03:17:35 AMUh, that ship has sailed.  Guaranteed MOS learned his lesson and 2025 TC/PS will be more "traditional".  He practically admitted as much in pressers before we got our first win, in his own roundabout MOS-like kind of way.

I think I disagree with that. I think MOS will stick to his guns and do it the exact same way.
My wife is amazing!

Blueforlife

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 19, 2024, 03:17:35 AMUh, that ship has sailed.  Guaranteed MOS learned his lesson and 2025 TC/PS will be more "traditional".  He practically admitted as much in pressers before we got our first win, in his own roundabout MOS-like kind of way.
No the the ship is currently afloat because he protected our vetern assets.  Took one in the teeth but lots of rounds left.  Ding ding.  Bloodied but not beaten.

Quote from: Pigskin on July 19, 2024, 03:09:45 AMAgree. We might be 4-2, 5-1, instead on 2-4.
Might, could.  We are what we are.

J5V

Quote from: Pigskin on July 19, 2024, 03:09:45 AMAgree. We might be 4-2, 5-1, instead on 2-4.
Sure but the thing that's exciting about new players is that as they find their way there is no telling what the apex of this team will be. With a FA they are a known commodity and you generally aren't going to be pleasantly surprised. I still think this Wheatfall is going to show us something we didn't know was there. Could be true for some of the others as well.
Go Bombers!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Jesse on July 19, 2024, 01:25:19 PMI think I disagree with that. I think MOS will stick to his guns and do it the exact same way.

But his "guns" are doing it the traditional way.  In all his other Mafia years he started the starters in at least 1 PS game, and gave them a quarter or more.  It was only 2024 he lost the plot.

Also, you must not have seen the presser after (maybe) week 3 or 4 where he basically said he made a mistake in TC/PS and would do it differently.
Never go full Rider!