Calgary @ Winnipeg

Started by Blue In BC, July 07, 2024, 03:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Why is CGY suddenly super physical and punishing?  They've been soft for so many years now.  CGY morale has been in the toilet.  What changed this year?  Is there new coaching?
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 08, 2024, 04:33:22 AMWhy is CGY suddenly super physical and punishing?  They've been soft for so many years now.  CGY morale has been in the toilet.  What changed this year?  Is there new coaching?
They played a very good first half against the Als. We're going to need to match their intensity from the opening kickoff.
Go Bombers!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 08, 2024, 04:33:22 AMWhy is CGY suddenly super physical and punishing?  They've been soft for so many years now.  CGY morale has been in the toilet.  What changed this year?  Is there new coaching?

Dickenson and Maier's jobs are on the line, make some serious improvements/alterations or be replaced.  Stamps had a few years of lag but they now seem to be ascending again, I think with their physicality they have a very good chance of throwing VA off his game and upsetting BC in the playoffs if they meet.  Where Wpg. fits in that equation is TBD.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 08, 2024, 06:29:59 AMDickenson and Maier's jobs are on the line, make some serious improvements/alterations or be replaced.

Maier, sure.  Dickenson The Remaining... nah.  He's Huffnagel's BFF and the weird GM/HC co-mingling thing there means he's staying put for years to come.  At worst Dave will move upstairs 100% and someone else gets the HC full-time.
Never go full Rider!

Waffler

Dickenson just got his Canadian citizenship. He's here for the long haul and I think he'll be a Stamp until he retires. Yeah, the Canadian mafia guy. Turns out he was just envious.  If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Jesse

Quote from: Waffler on July 08, 2024, 01:24:17 PMDickenson just got his Canadian citizenship. He's here for the long haul and I think he'll be a Stamp until he retires. Yeah, the Canadian mafia guy. Turns out he was just envious.  If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

He's lived and worked here for the better part of 30 years, he was never anti-Canadian, lol.
My wife is amazing!

BomberFan73

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 08, 2024, 03:27:00 AMI didn't notice if Bonds came back, but it looked bad (enough to stay on the sidelines that game) to me.  I am doing a rewatch of H2 though, and will report back if Bonds came back.  I was curious how we'd rejig the DBs after Bonds left, I couldn't figure it out at the game (both kids were keeping me busy).

Brady's probably fine.  Strev likely has some hip problem, but doubt he'll care.  It was that hit he took that did it, then he kept aggravating it all night.

Just going off fuzzy memory, but didn't Griffin take his spot?

Jesse

Quote from: BomberFan73 on July 08, 2024, 02:02:48 PMJust going off fuzzy memory, but didn't Griffin take his spot?

He was our only back-up in the secondary, so I guess so.
My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

Quote from: Jesse on July 08, 2024, 02:12:09 PMHe was our only back-up in the secondary, so I guess so.

I'm not sure if Alexander moved up and Hallett went to safety on some sets? But yes, Griffin was on the field for some defensive plays.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 08, 2024, 02:13:33 PMI'm not sure if Alexander moved up and Hallett went to safety on some sets? But yes, Griffin was on the field for some defensive plays.

That's fair. They do that often as well (It's not a strong strategy, imo. But what do I know?).
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Will be an interesting practices today. Will ZC8 throw today? Is lucky in shape? Will Bonds, Clercius, Bryant, Strev17, and BO20 practice today, all nicked on Friday night.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on July 08, 2024, 03:41:31 PMWill be an interesting practices today. Will ZC8 throw today? Is lucky in shape? Will Bonds, Clercius, Bryant, Strev17, and BO20 practice today, all nicked on Friday night.

Collaros: If he's healthy, he plays and starts. I'm not sure if he is healthy but the daily IR report will tell us.

Bonds: As I mentioned I thought it was a stinger. OTOH, it looked similar to the play the caused Nichols to miss a game.

Clercius: Didn't notice him getting hurt but he played well. 3 receiver additions to PR could result in a change

Bryant: He's an iron man and he may not practice in full this week but he'll play.

BO20: Also didn't notice him getting nicked per se. But he was angry missing an earlier game. He'll play if allowed.

Strev: He has a LB mentality somewhat like Dunigan when he played. I think he'll play and in fact he may need to start depending on what's up with Collaros.

I expect some roster movement but not all due to injury status from last week. Just about anything might happen within the receivers group.

Obviously a change already on the DL.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

I think Griffin comes in on passing downs when we only have 3 DL...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on July 08, 2024, 04:37:50 PMI think Griffin comes in on passing downs when we only have 3 DL...

Ok but did that mean Alexander moved up and Hallett at safety when bonds was out?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 08, 2024, 04:40:16 PMOk but did that mean Alexander moved up and Hallett at safety when bonds was out?

Or do they play 2 FS?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.