Guardian cap

Started by Waffler, July 05, 2024, 02:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waffler

Size is not all. The internal cushion matters too. They have started to manufacture position specific helmets now, the QB one has specific padding meant to protect one's head from a bounce on the turf which they have determined is the most common cause of QB concussion. So far there are 3 helmets approved just for QB's and Dru is not wearing one. Riddell makes 2 and Vicis the other. That said I am not sure if anyone in the CFL is wearing a position specific helmet as they are relatively new.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

theaardvark

Quote from: Waffler on July 06, 2024, 08:53:00 PMSize is not all. The internal cushion matters too. They have started to manufacture position specific helmets now, the QB one has specific padding meant to protect one's head from a bounce on the turf which they have determined is the most common cause of QB concussion. So far there are 3 helmets approved just for QB's and Dru is not wearing one. Riddell makes 2 and Vicis the other. That said I am not sure if anyone in the CFL is wearing a position specific helmet as they are relatively new.

Dru's injury, from what I saw, would not have been lessened bu a QB specific helmet.  The hit was from the side, and he did not have his lid on securely, so it came off, possibly doing neck/concussive damage as well. 

Yes, lids with bigger padding in the back for head to turf collisions would be a fantastic idea for all QB's.  Maybe even a HANS type collar is they could do it without limiting vision.  Or that big widget like Neufeld wears.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.