Argos vs Riders

Started by dd, July 05, 2024, 01:28:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

Quote from: The Zipp on July 05, 2024, 10:02:46 PMWe miss Hardrick - plain and simple, he is one of the best in recent history.  The new players on the o line aren't close to his talent and experience. 

I honestly feel it's our interior that gives up the most pressure, but with all the changes along the line, everyone's kind of taking turns screwing up (and that includes the QB and receivers as well).
My wife is amazing!

dd

Quote from: The Zipp on July 05, 2024, 10:02:46 PMWe miss Hardrick - plain and simple, he is one of the best in recent history.  The new players on the o line aren't close to his talent and experience. 
And the dude brings a ton of positive energy to the ballpark. Just watching him last night, he's doing the same thing in Regina, the troops rally around him and get after it. Nobody's lighting a fire under anyone's butt on our sidelines. Oh how miss hardrick and Harris!!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Waffler on July 05, 2024, 03:15:25 PMHe suddenly forgot how to coach? You have to look at everything but I'd be pretty surprised if this is the problem.

Just a thought that hasn't been mentioned yet.  Strevie in the post-game interview said "they" (I guess the other players?) "challenged the OL to be more physical this week" (paraphrasing).

So it looks like WFC and/or the players are starting to see where the biggest Bomber troubles are.  And they aren't going to take it anymore.  So my question is: why didn't anyone light a fire under the OL in weeks 1-4?
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 05, 2024, 09:13:06 PMwhen you think about it, it does not make any sense. Why are they staying away?

The pain in 2023 was just too great.  A lot people snapped.  It may take years of winning to lure them back.  Or they'll just watch from home forever more.

It might be easier for SSK to reach the new fans rather than lure back the old fans.

Maybe they need another "girl math" ad?  :D  :D  :D  :D  :o  :-*
Never go full Rider!

theaardvark

Hardrick has his share of whiffs, and does play a consistent game, but not $250k worth for a RT.  He does being a different thing to the game with his leadership / attitude.  That, we miss, for sure. 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

dd

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 06, 2024, 10:03:57 AMThe pain in 2023 was just too great.  A lot people snapped.  It may take years of winning to lure them back.  Or they'll just watch from home forever more.

It might be easier for SSK to reach the new fans rather than lure back the old fans.

Maybe they need another "girl math" ad?  :D  :D  :D  :D  :o  :-*
Oh boy, talk about a marketing failure that will be talked about for decades....let's figure out a way to alienate our largely conservative old schooled fan base. Yep, tick, that ad did it!!

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 06, 2024, 07:52:24 AMJust a thought that hasn't been mentioned yet.  Strevie in the post-game interview said "they" (I guess the other players?) "challenged the OL to be more physical this week" (paraphrasing).

So it looks like WFC and/or the players are starting to see where the biggest Bomber troubles are.  And they aren't going to take it anymore.  So my question is: why didn't anyone light a fire under the OL in weeks 1-4?

So MOS brought this up as well and my interpretation is this: MOS does not police the room. This is the culture thing that's been brought up ad nauseam. The players are expected to bring themselves short after a game like week 1. But after our 0-4 start, the "reminder" was given from coaches and, to their credit, we saw them respond.

MOS also made a point of saying that, had they not responded, another conversation would have been had.
My wife is amazing!

dd

To be fair to the O line, they were mostly run blocking this week, not pass blocking, totally different gig.

The big boys love run blocking , moving forward and taking on defenders vs pass blocking, backing up and taking them on

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on July 07, 2024, 02:00:02 AMTo be fair to the O line, they were mostly run blocking this week, not pass blocking, totally different gig.

Good point.  But they were also bad and weak on running in earlier weeks.  Maybe Marty decided it was easier to beef up their run game rather than pass-pro game?  One thing at a time?

Quote from: Jesse on July 07, 2024, 01:30:00 AMMOS also made a point of saying that, had they not responded, another conversation would have been had.

I'll have to go back and relisten.  I recall something like that but he sometimes says stuff like that under his breath, so I don't always make it all out the first time 'round.  Saying something like that certainly would be sending a message, eh?
Never go full Rider!