Can’t Add Tickets to Apple Wallet

Started by gordo, July 04, 2024, 01:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

If this has been asked before, then pardon the interruption.  I can't seem to add my season tickets to my apple wallet on my iPhone. There is no button that I see that says add to wallet after I view my ticket and tap it as instructed. Does anybody else have this problem or if not how the heck did you get them into your Apple wallet? Thank you in advance.

I followed  the instructions on the bomber FAQ but again I see no button that says add to wallet when I view my ticket.

ADDING TICKETS TO APPLE WALLET
If you have an iPhone or other iOS device, adding tickets to Apple Wallet is the best way to store your tickets for use on game day.
To add tickets, sign into Account Manager on your iPhone and tap the game.
Tap the "Add to Wallet" button on the ticket and tap "Add".

Jesse

You have to bring the ticket up like you're scanning it to enter. The "add to wallet" button is on the ticket with the barcode.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Man, the old STH lanyard ticket was so much easier... I bet the poor sods standing at the gate having to deal with so many non-working phone issues wish so too.

And the option of printing the PDF for non-STH was great too.

I have no idea what my mom (and other seniors) would have ever done going alone to a game... no phone.
Never go full Rider!

gordo

Quote from: Jesse on July 04, 2024, 01:37:19 AMYou have to bring the ticket up like you're scanning it to enter. The "add to wallet" button is on the ticket with the barcode.
Thanks.  That's what I do but that button doesn't appear on my ticket with the bar code. Just the scrolling bar code. Weird.

I have iPhone X. Maybe it's too old. Like me. 🙃

gordo

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 04, 2024, 02:03:19 AMMan, the old STH lanyard ticket was so much easier... I bet the poor sods standing at the gate having to deal with so many non-working phone issues wish so too.

And the option of printing the PDF for non-STH was great too.

I have no idea what my mom (and other seniors) would have ever done going alone to a game... no phone.
Yup and without the ticket in your Apple wallet you stand at the gate waiting for your ticket to load with a lot of other people doing the same contending with server and bw bottlenecks. But the Bombers do have very nice patient ticket scanning folks.

And of course a photo of the ticket won't work either. Technology has made everything so streamlined.

Yes I feel for seniors without smart phones. Dumb lanyards were so nice.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: gordo on July 04, 2024, 03:51:06 AMBut the Bombers do have very nice patient ticket scanning folks.

And of course a photo of the ticket won't work either. Technology has made everything so streamlined.

That they do... the ticket scanners are (almost) always super awesome.  Especially the older ones.  They'll often cut you some slack too when the tech breaks down and you're clearly a fanatic STH or they recognize you.

One of the younger ones did once give my 82y.o. buddy a hard time when once he got logged out of his TM web site and couldn't remember his pw... made him waste 30 mins walking all the way to the box office to get a physical printout or something.  Not easy when you're at gate 1 (I think) and you're 82!  And I couldn't help him as I had already entered first (no re-entry rule!).  Dude's been a STH since like 1980.  Oh well.

As for the photo, I bet it will!  As long as the rez is 1-for-1 and lossless compression used.  I think the scrolly gimmickry is just so the staff can see that you're on the real TM web page and not a fake photoshop jobber.  I'm a huge tech nerd and I can't see how the scanner machine can tell if there's a scrolly nonsense over the 3D code or not.  Of course, I'm open to someone educating me otherwise!

P.S. I've never seen the box office @IGF/PAS and for the life of me I can't get the interwebs to tell me what gate it's at... I always thought gate 4?  Why isn't this info online?  Anyone know for sure?  The only gate I've never used is 3, so I'm guessing it's there.
Never go full Rider!

gordo

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 04, 2024, 04:13:17 AMThat they do... the ticket scanners are (almost) always super awesome.  Especially the older ones.  They'll often cut you some slack too when the tech breaks down and you're clearly a fanatic STH or they recognize you.

One of the younger ones did once give my 82y.o. buddy a hard time when once he got logged out of his TM web site and couldn't remember his pw... made him waste 30 mins walking all the way to the box office to get a physical printout or something.  Not easy when you're at gate 1 (I think) and you're 82!  And I couldn't help him as I had already entered first (no re-entry rule!).  Dude's been a STH since like 1980.  Oh well.

As for the photo, I bet it will!  As long as the rez is 1-for-1 and lossless compression used.  I think the scrolly gimmickry is just so the staff can see that you're on the real TM web page and not a fake photoshop jobber.  I'm a huge tech nerd and I can't see how the scanner machine can tell if there's a scrolly nonsense over the 3D code or not.  Of course, I'm open to someone educating me otherwise!

P.S. I've never seen the box office @IGF/PAS and for the life of me I can't get the interwebs to tell me what gate it's at... I always thought gate 4?  Why isn't this info online?  Anyone know for sure?  The only gate I've never used is 3, so I'm guessing it's there.
Last game as I stood at the gate waiting for the Ticketmaster website to pull up my ticket the Bomber employee scanning the tickets told me that she wouldn't allow the photo I showed her on my phone.

Luckily, my ticket finally came up and I got in. I did get the impression that if I pushed harder, she would've allowed the photo. And as a long time season ticket holder I feel like they should cut you that slack but how the heck do they know you're a long time season-ticket holder at the gate? 

If they gave me a barcode of my bomber for life season-ticket, I would tattoo it on my arm  so they could scan me, and I would have nothing to worry about forever.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: gordo on July 04, 2024, 05:20:02 AMLuckily, my ticket finally came up and I got in. I did get the impression that if I pushed harder, she would've allowed the photo. And as a long time season ticket holder I feel like they should cut you that slack but how the heck do they know you're a long time season-ticket holder at the gate?

If you are decked out from head to toe in Bomber Store gear (and so is your kid, grin) and you have your 2024 STH lanyard/card on... ya, you're a STH.  Or, at the very least, you're not trying to rip off WFC by not buying a ticket...  ;D  ;D

In any event, kudos to the ticket-scanning staff, they really are nice people (usually), and (usually) in a good mood.  And they are probably the most trained-up staff in all of PAS.  (I won't go into some of the other categories of staff! LOL.  Although the 50/50 people and Shawarma staff are also generally top notch!)
Never go full Rider!

Sir Blue and Gold

For what it's worth I tried to help a co-worker the other week with the same problem on our corporate tickets. I did some quick Googling and it appears it is an issue for some people. One of the fixes was to just turn the phone sideways but it didn't help her. Seems like a ticketmaster/apple problem.  She ended up just transferring the tickets to her partner who had a different iPhone and it worked.

The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

I recently went to a Goldeyes game and before I could add the tickets to my wallet it said Apple touch ID needed to be set up on my phone. I have never even locked my phone with a passcode. I set everything up but it still wouldn't add the tickets to my wallet. I had to scan them directly from the website when I got there.
What is the point of this? Do they think I'm going to steal someone's phone just to go to a Goldeyes game?

blue_or_die

What I really want is a digital season ticket pass in my Apple Wallet so I don't have to download a bunch. Everything should work that way
#Ride?

gordo

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on July 04, 2024, 01:54:20 PMFor what it's worth I tried to help a co-worker the other week with the same problem on our corporate tickets. I did some quick Googling and it appears it is an issue for some people. One of the fixes was to just turn the phone sideways but it didn't help her. Seems like a ticketmaster/apple problem.  She ended up just transferring the tickets to her partner who had a different iPhone and it worked.
Well at least I see I am not the only one with this issue. 

When I transfer my son his ticket from my iphone he is able to select "move to apple wallet" when he receives the ticket on his iphone.  I tried transferring my ticket to him which he accepted and then transferred it back to me.  But I did not get the "move to apple wallet" option when I accepted his transfer back.  The ticket immediately gets moved back to my ticketmaster account and I'm back at square one.

I deleted and re-loaded the Blue Bomber app on my phone.  Checked my settings.  Still no luck. 

I have moved tickets for other shows to my Apple Wallet with no issue.  So I think it's something wrong with Ticketmaster/Blue Bombers/App for me.  I'm going to try to talk to a technical person with the Bombers if I can find one. 

I'll also take photos of all my tickets as a last resort at the gate.  But I don't always enter at the same gate and I feel like if the ticket scanner has a policy they need to follow then it's almost not fair to ask them to circumvent the rules just because I say I'm a season ticket holder.  They should if ticketmaster won't load I guess and they are great people.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: gordo on July 04, 2024, 04:36:02 PMWell at least I see I am not the only one with this issue. 

When I transfer my son his ticket from my iphone he is able to select "move to apple wallet" when he receives the ticket on his iphone.  I tried transferring my ticket to him which he accepted and then transferred it back to me.  But I did not get the "move to apple wallet" option when I accepted his transfer back.  The ticket immediately gets moved back to my ticketmaster account and I'm back at square one.

I deleted and re-loaded the Blue Bomber app on my phone.  Checked my settings.  Still no luck. 

I have moved tickets for other shows to my Apple Wallet with no issue.  So I think it's something wrong with Ticketmaster/Blue Bombers/App for me.  I'm going to try to talk to a technical person with the Bombers if I can find one. 

I'll also take photos of all my tickets as a last resort at the gate.  But I don't always enter at the same gate and I feel like if the ticket scanner has a policy they need to follow then it's almost not fair to ask them to circumvent the rules just because I say I'm a season ticket holder.  They should if ticketmaster won't load I guess and they are great people.

For sure - also - when you get through to the Bombers to ask for help, they can print tickets for you if that's easier. My 76-year-old uncle does that. I know it's maybe not as good as a fix but it would save you any stress of it not working at the gate.

TrueBlue75

Try turning your phone the landscape way. I have the same issue of not seeing the add to wallet button but it shows up when I turn my iPhone.

BBRT

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on July 04, 2024, 07:39:25 PMTry turning your phone the landscape way. I have the same issue of not seeing the add to wallet button but it shows up when I turn my iPhone.

What he said!! that worked for me on anything I stored in Apple Wallet. The very sad part is that my granddaughter had to show this to me! ;D