The Good the Bad and the Ugly

Started by DM83, June 30, 2024, 02:50:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DM83

What's going on with this thread. How come it's not up already?
Ok Calgary  beats the Bombers

The GOOD
We did nt lose in regulation time
Great comeback in the 4th
Receivers new ones all looked good once given someone to throw them the ball
Defensive guys all played very well. Competitive, few missed tackles
Punt returns , were the best they have been all year.

THE bad
Zach Collaros
Do you think he is scared?
Offensive line. Can't block anyone....no wonder some skill guys look scared
The team needs a guy for the jet sweep.who were the jet sweep guys? Even for one play, it makes the defense have to play defense in practice.

The ugly

Collaros reluctance to never throw to new guys.
The defensive coordinator.  If he were your coach would he inspire you? Hat and headphones pretty goofy looking.

The Zipp

Without Sergio and the special teams play we aren't even in the ball game.  They are the "great".

The Zipp

Winnipeg Blue Bombers head coach Mike O'Shea said QB Zach Collaros, who left tonight's loss in Calgary, will be fine and that his absence was "precautionary"

It's  good he isn't hurt worst - should he have stayed in the game ?

Blueforlife

Quote from: The Zipp on June 30, 2024, 02:56:11 AMWinnipeg Blue Bombers head coach Mike O'Shea said QB Zach Collaros, who left tonight's loss in Calgary, will be fine and that his absence was "precautionary"

He didn't stay in the game because he was hurt and the team of professionals made an educated decision based on his injury.  There is your answer.  You protect the most valuable asset to the club.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: DM83 on June 30, 2024, 02:50:05 AMWhat's going on with this thread. How come it's not up already?

Hasn't been up yet this season.  Because it's all BAD & UGLY so far??   :o  :o  :o

Hard to have a good story with just Angel Eyes & Tuco.   :P

Quote from: DM83 on June 30, 2024, 02:50:05 AMThe GOOD
We did nt lose in regulation time

Post of the year right there!  Still ROTFLing.

Quote from: DM83 on June 30, 2024, 02:50:05 AMThe defensive coordinator.  If he were your coach would he inspire you? Hat and headphones pretty goofy looking.

Ya, those shots TSN did (and there were many) were not flattering.  He was starting to smack of Claybrooks in BC, with the "I'm not doing or saying anything, just standing here with a stunned look" motif.  However, joking aside, I'm sure it's just bad luck TSN caught him at those moments, after he already had the playcall in.

Younger (and shadowmaster Hall) get a break from my abuse this week: still stout against the run and clearly, slowly, solving the deep explosion problem (albeit against a low-explosion team).  They continue to out-perform their personnel: and that's a good thing.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on June 30, 2024, 02:56:11 AMWinnipeg Blue Bombers head coach Mike O'Shea said QB Zach Collaros, who left tonight's loss in Calgary, will be fine and that his absence was "precautionary"

No.  He's not feeling right and you have half the fanbase itching to take a look-see at Strev... you use the readymade excuse and pull Zach.  I doubt it would have turned out any differently with Zach in.

Maybe that very last pass we could have put him back in?  I dunno... Woulda coulda.
Never go full Rider!

gordo

The Good
Sergio boots a 60 yarder for the record. With distance to spare. Guy is great.
Strev was clutch. His shot putt delivery really works.
Wally really stepped up. Loved his intensity with Strev.
Play calling got more creative with Strev.  Or he free-lanced alot.
Brady looks healthy.
Willy showed up with a couple bat downs.
Some new guys caught balls.  And looked good. Some nice YAK too.
We seem to have a kick returner. Very nice.
Game was entertaining. For me at least.
Lots of season left. Time heals all wounds (and Bombers). They will be in it at the end.

The Bad & Ugly
Zach injury.  Hate to see it. Hope it's not serious.
I'll leave the rest out. I'm still optimistic.

gordo

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 30, 2024, 03:32:26 AMMaybe that very last pass we could have put him back in?  I dunno... Woulda coulda.

To get sacked?  ;)

Actually then we could have kicked the FG and still been in it.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: gordo on June 30, 2024, 03:38:29 AMTo get sacked?  ;)

Actually then we could have kicked the FG and still been in it.

Haha, touche!  The only sin in OT is TO... Strevie should have eaten it.

Castillo winning it for us (with a little help from our D) would have been a fitting end to the game!
Never go full Rider!

Stats Junkie

Not sure if this is good or bad

Farhan Lalji
@FarhanLaljiTSN - 1h
Hearing Lucky Whitehead is nearing a return to #CFL. Expecting him to sign with a western team shortly. ⁦
@CFLonTSN

Farhan Lalji
@FarhanLaljiTSN - 48m
Sounds like @Luck2fastt will be back with his original team. #Bombers A few details still to iron out.
Twitter: @Stats_Junkie
Threads: statsjunkie71

ichabod_crane

That pick on OT I Could see coming a MILE AWAY live at the ballpark. CAlgary came with a blitz and Strevie panicked a bit and toss a lame duck up. Should have just rifled it to the ground or taken the sack. YOU NEVER give up the 3 in OT for anything unless maybe at the 1 yard line and 3rd down. Brain Farts just like Edmonton is doing constantly....are they in the running for the trutle derby award this season? Two homes games coming up....better get off the schneid lads or Peggers will get ornery! ;)

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Stats Junkie on June 30, 2024, 04:23:42 AMNot sure if this is good or bad

Farhan Lalji
@FarhanLaljiTSN - 48m
Sounds like @Luck2fastt will be back with his original team. #Bombers A few details still to iron out.

This is good.  Very good!  I called it a few week ago.  Lucky may be one of the best yet still-affordable players couch-sitting.

And Lucky is a great fit for Zach who, if on point, can feather it into his bucket rather than his hands.  Lucky still can't catch with hands, and that's why he's unemployed.  So give him all bucket and gut passes.  I think we can do that.  It will also help with the sweeps and even the odd return (a two-returner look would work!).

And Lucky has always kept WPG in his heart, with his return visits to WPG and sitting with the rowdies in the Crazy Zone(TM).

Finally KW/MOS decides vets are required, 2 weeks later than the forum.  Clearly "status quo / next man up" ain't working.

I hope Lucky doesn't gouge us too badly!  He knows we're over a barrel...
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

UGLY

Holm looked like he did something to his ankle.  People noting he was toughing it out later.  Didn't seem too bad, though.  It would be brutal if he was put on IR.
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

The Good:
- Brady looks healthy; needs some help from Buck to get him rolling.
- Collaros' injury seems to be precautionary
- The Sheahan run for a first down
- A passing TD
- Ford's first interception
- The D as a whole had their best performance
- Finally heard Willie's name
- Special teams was special (Shout out to Sergio, a couple Smith returns, and Ayers on coverage)

The Bad:
- Receivers dropping passes all over the place
- Strev throwing at everyone's ankles
- Brady with a 2.6 yard average
- OL seemed more porous than last week

The Ugly:
- No way to sugarcoat 0-4
- MOS saying all week that we call what the game sheet dictates (not going to force the run), proceeds to force the run into a run defence all game without any misdirection
- The roster/depth chart: This goes to previous years, but there has been an absolute exodus of our depth. We have no one ready to step up behind our veterans. We've wasted roster spots on 36 year old global punters and american FBs. We've relied on the Jeff's to play 95% of snaps and now Jeffcoat is gone and the one guy we brought in over the past 2 years is injured and there's no one left. The only receivers in the building have been here for a few weeks. These are catastrophic errors.
My wife is amazing!

Pete

The good
Db's getting better, Bonds looks solid, and Ford showing strong potential
Alexander was at least visible in some deep throws(ok still not really good, he needs replaced)
Lbs stopped the run.
Punt and kickoff coverage best ive see in two years
Smith is a legitimate returner.
The bad
Dl pressure was nonexistent. Jefferson had 2 knockdowns but not close to putting pressure otherwise (teams no longer double team him) Fayid was invisible
Ugly
As mentioned Zacs focussing in on only demski and woli. Hes not reading defenses . Starting to worry that hes following bolevi's path