Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Calgary - June 29, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, June 28, 2024, 06:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

So far the game looks very relaxed.  Like a PS game.

Did you see the intensity of the slobberknocker in TOR last night?  Yowzers.

Maybe it'll amp up if the game stays close into the 2nd half.
Never go full Rider!

The Zipp

TecnoGenius

That may be one of Zach's worst (i.e. completely avoidable) INTs.  It wasn't even disguised well.  It's like he has tunnel vision these days.

At least MTL had to work to trick him.  This was just a MLB guy roaming the flat, normal stuff.  Not good.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Never go full Rider!

The Zipp

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on June 29, 2024, 11:45:10 PMQuestionable play call by DD...

Totally normal for him these last 3 seasons.  He's kind of lost his mind.  Or he's run some stats and he thinks it's smart... maybe it is smart on paper, who knows, but in-game it rarely works out for him.

I knew that was an overthrow the instant it left Maier's hands.  Even with all that glue on Begelton's mitts he couldn't reel it in.
Never go full Rider!

The Zipp

I think you could blitz the bombers and we can't stop it. 

Special teams are firing

Pete

TecnoGenius

I'm not sure the refs' brains are working at all today.  "Holding - CGY".

P.S. OT's do that "holding" all the time and it's rarely called.  Lightly hanging on isn't usually a problem, especially when the guy still gets a sack.

Zach turtling again, and no hot routes and outlets planned by Buck.  Well, at least he stood in there rather than running into it, I just wish his eyes stayed downfield... If you don't make them pay, they'll keep doing it.
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: Pete on June 29, 2024, 11:49:37 PMZac doesn't seem to be reading defenses well

Honestly. Both the pick and the sack stem to him not seeing the D in front of him.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Both teams look baaaaaad.  Compare to the MTL/TOR game or the EDM/BC game... wow, both CGY and WPG are total basement dwellers.

We should be thankful we get to play CGY today.  Only OTT and maybe HAM are nearly as bad.
Never go full Rider!

The Zipp

markf

running game was working.  so buck stops running. I do not get it.

Pete

Zac needs to start using some of the rookies, its getting stupid

bomb squad

Demski and Woli carrying the load in the receiving game