Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Calgary - June 29, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, June 28, 2024, 06:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Don't give up the deep balls, no turn overs, run the ball and keep our O on the field.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ichabod_crane on June 29, 2024, 04:51:04 PMLooking out my front window in calgary this second and there is not a cloud in the sky! ☀️

Game time temp is forecast to be +22C! Let's have some football and beers and bbq's! Will need to Check out HUFF's Hut! 😎

Sounds great ichabod.  Hope you're having a good one!  Wish I could be there.  Love me some Calgary and McMahon.  The city always treats me right.

I have no hope for us in this one.  But that puts me in the nice situation of having no nerves watching on TV.  Every single positive will be gravy.  Any bad things will just be expected.

The best I think we can hope for is to continue to weed out the gems in order to get stronger for the future.
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 29, 2024, 10:12:33 PMA good balanced offence slows down the pass rush. Can we stop running up the gut on play 1 of our 1st series please.

Oliveria is angry and I think that's a good thing. Let him loose.

Sorry, run up the gut, lol.
My wife is amazing!

markf

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ichabod_crane on June 29, 2024, 09:05:45 PMBombers have money to spend, it's just fitting it into the sms cap is the issue. I don't care if they even go over $100,000 on the cap IF THEY truly think they can pull out of this slide. They can afford it. Almost chicken feed with their incoming revenue right now. GC IN Winnipeg next year is even more assured cash flow.

Ya, whenever I say "afford" I mean "cap".  No one cares about the "real world" OOP money in WFC-land.  As for the going $100k over... there's an optics standpoint and accusations of "cheating".  It's not really encouraged even if it's "allowed".  I'm not sure the league will look kindly on doing it "on purpose" in an obvious way.

Plus, you need some breathing room for any accidental/forced overages.
Never go full Rider!

The Zipp

TecnoGenius

Quote from: J5V on June 29, 2024, 10:15:14 PMI also want to see this team get through this game without losing any more players to injury.

This will be key.  We have stop taking steps backwards.  The injury demons must be exorcised.  Our luck has to turn, then we can slowly turn the corner eventually.
Never go full Rider!

bomb squad

The Zipp

Jesse

Quote from: The Zipp on June 29, 2024, 11:13:41 PMUgly start for both offences...

I wouldn't call anything ugly so far. A couple 2 and outs, but no egregious mistakes or anything.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

So far we're playing basically as expected.

So far CGY playing worse than I expected, but not by much.  Somehow our D manages not to be complete garbage even though half of them are on the IR.  It's actually quite amazing.

Tip to Maier: throw deep 25% of the time like VAJ.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Jesse on June 29, 2024, 11:18:57 PMI wouldn't call anything ugly so far. A couple 2 and outs, but no egregious mistakes or anything.

What happened to our first (scripted) drives going 40-60 yards & scores like we did all 2021 mid 2023?

Going 2 & out twice to start is "bad team" territory, not GC-worthy team performance.
Never go full Rider!

The Zipp

TecnoGenius

I saw that offside live.  It was lining up offside by 1 or 2 guys.

I can't even recall the last time that ever happened.  It's literally not a thing.  Gotta figure out who did that one.  That's not acceptable and it's only luck that we're not punting right now.
Never go full Rider!