Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Calgary - June 29, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, June 28, 2024, 06:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: markf on June 29, 2024, 11:54:12 PMrunning game was working.  so buck stops running. I do not get it.

Not the last 2 zero yard runs.  The pass & run blitz can be combined a bit to nullify your run.

And hey, maybe the big plan is to rack up as many INTs as we can?
Never go full Rider!

The Zipp

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 29, 2024, 11:52:32 PMBoth teams look baaaaaad.  Compare to the MTL/TOR game or the EDM/BC game... wow, both CGY and WPG are total basement dwellers.

We should be thankful we get to play CGY today.  Only OTT and maybe HAM are nearly as bad.

Toronto scored 6 points in the first half against Montreal. You just are talking out of your butt at this point. Everything runs through this narrative in your head that you ignore anything that doesn't fit.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pete on June 29, 2024, 11:55:24 PMZac needs to start using some of the rookies, its getting stupid

It's not our M.O., we just ignore the rookies.  It's not a bad idea as they'll probably just jog and whiff every time anyhow (see: last game).

I did like seeing the FB pass though!  I want more of that.  We're not going to out-talent anybody, so Buck needs to out-think them.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Jesse on June 29, 2024, 11:56:59 PMToronto scored 6 points in the first half against Montreal. You just are talking out of your butt at this point. Everything runs through this narrative in your head that you ignore anything that doesn't fit.

Ya, against the miles-away league-best D.  TOR in every other game had Dukes looking like the next best QB.  I stand by my statement.

Did you see the intensity of every play in that game, by both teams?  If you can't see the difference in general talent between the top 5 and bottom 4 teams then I'm not sure what to say.
Never go full Rider!

The Zipp

Pete

again trying to force the ball into demski, i know we;re gonna rely on vets but we need to at least put some doubts in the stamps that we will throw to someone else

TecnoGenius

Zach is just winded, or has some chest injury.  Nothing on that hit had anything to do with his head.

I bet he sits out a series and comes back.

On the bright side, now everyone who wanted Strevie gets to see if he learned to throw in the NFL or not.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Demski have a point about the DPI?  I guess you can say the D guy edged him away from it, but D guy can play the ball too.  I don't think you get DPI on that one.
Never go full Rider!

bomb squad

I like this gameday thread today. It's seems a little more active than usual. Been kind of missing that the last couple of years. Or maybe it's just me.

The Zipp

Blueforlife

The Zipp

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 30, 2024, 12:03:44 AMDemski have a point about the DPI?  I guess you can say the D guy edged him away from it, but D guy can play the ball too.  I don't think you get DPI on that one.

I don't think there was DPI

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on June 30, 2024, 12:04:27 AMFord looking good

That was a great play.  That's what we wanted to see from Mr. NFL.

Strevie actually gonna be allowed to throw after the ad break?  My money is on "no".  Bet they run.  Do the 2 back set with Strevie as 3rd option!  However, might be tough to beat the run blitz.
Never go full Rider!

markf