Blueforlife

Cody wee bit air ball end zone, lucky didn't get ducked

Blueforlife

Cody air ball part deux picked off duck duck goose

Blueforlife

Dukes tosses a duck game over

Blueforlife

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 28, 2024, 09:54:51 PMBut he doesn't sit in the pocket, he gets happy feet and plows forward or laterally right into a DL's hands.

I watched MBT sit in the pocket until the very last second and take hits to get the ball off (or not).  That's what Zach needs to do now.  He wastes 2-3s panicking and turtling and running into defenders when he should just stand tall and find that last-second route getting open or throwaway spot.  Think Ricky Ray.

MBT is now the best at this.  Ya, he scrambled once and did a huge air dive, but he's younger and crazy.  I definitely do not recommend Zach do that.  And once they gave him a designed QB draw (brilliant BTW), but he had to have some escapability for that and I don't see Zach doing it.  So I think you have to become a pure pocket passer and you bring in the beef to protect him and be the best darn pocket passer in the league.

Oh ya, T.Harris is basically this now too, and he's lighting it up for SSK.  There's nothing wrong with taking "scramble" off the table as an option.  I think it actually helps your mindset and focus on the routes.

Ask yourself, when you see Zach decide to pull it and scramble, in that instant, do you think he'll escape or run straight into a defender?  Ya, me too.  So why do it?

Speaking of escapability and elusiveness Fajardo is doing a masterful job moving around the pocket and avoiding sacks, he no longer panics at the first sign of pressure.

dd

I d take fajardo over any Qb in the league right now. Throws very well, runs when he needs to, moves the ball, scores 30 points a game.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: dd on June 29, 2024, 03:31:09 AMI d take fajardo over any Qb in the league right now. Throws very well, runs when he needs to, moves the ball, scores 30 points a game.

Best game of the year might be Lions vs. Als. both offences can move the ball down the field at will and nobody has been able to stop them.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blueforlife on June 28, 2024, 11:44:34 PMNice stop TO D, they got too cute on their run on their 1st series.  Need a little more bread and butter and they will pound this in.

Ya, and there was some new strategy by the D on that play.  Watch the slow-mo on that.

One of the D guys took their plowing hoggie and instead of trying to push him back he took the hoggie momentum and pulled him forward(!) to lay him on the turf.  Then he ran straight into the new gap to make the second-wave push on Caleb Evans!!  It was that second push that stopped Caleb from getting the yard on his 2nd effort!!

Never seen it before.  I think it's definitely worth studying by our D braintrust for use by us!

There's been a few wildly creative and novel "new tactics" this season.  I'm lovin' all of this.  A bit sad none of them are ever by us...
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

2nd Q MTL's QB-tripping challenge: I'm yelling "you can't challenge that"!  So I hit up the rulebook and lo and behold it's a brand new rule for 2024!  Can challenge tripping on QB only.  Doh.  Guess Maas was studying his rule changes in the off-season!

Nice to see Hansen out there.  But he needs to eliminate the penalties... I'm not sure I recall him ever taken a penalty here!?  Maybe an O/S once?
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blueforlife on June 28, 2024, 11:55:38 PMPhilpot one of best imo

Philpot (the MTL version) was probably the best pick of that entire draft.  Playable in 1st year and contributing a lot.  Doing more and winning GC (literally, in 2 different ways) in 2nd year.  Looking like league top-5 (or better) in 3rd year.

CGY must be cringing they took the "bad" Philpot.  (Maybe he should grow a goatee like Bad Spock?)

Now I'm trying to remember which Philpot got picked first?  I'm remembering MTL?  I recall thinking that it sucked for the MTL Philpot to get picked by MTL, because they were the tirefire team at the time.  And I thought CGY Philpot won the lotto by getting picked by a "real" team.  Funny how things work out.
Never go full Rider!