Winnipeg at Calgary - pregame discussion

Started by The Zipp, June 25, 2024, 04:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Zipp

Kind of an odd practice week.  Practice Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday then off on Thursday??  Seems odd but I guess you can only practice 3 times ??

I don't honestly know what to expect on Saturday on the road...this team still hasn't found itself and the injuries aren't helping at all. Seems like the first 9 games are goin to be tough and we have to expect some players returning and make a run in the second half.

Blue In BC

Last week we had 3 + a walk though. I think the number of times you can do that is restricted.

Practices should be finer tuned as each week happens. The issue now is the need to constantly replace one more starter with the next man up.

We seem to be the favourite this week in our game against the Stamps. On the road against a team coming off a bye.

Either way, this is another 4 point game and going 0 - 4 would not look pretty.

Bombers only play the Stamps twice. Technically a win or loss doesn't automatically win the series for either team. Obviously a win is preferable without taking current record in hand.

Bombers 27 Stamps 14.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

M.O.A.B.

We will have new receivers starting. Demski and Woli are probably Zach has confidence with. Not sure if Oliveira is 100%. Stamps have good RBs and I would think they will run over the Bombers front 7.

0-4 here we come.

Blueforlife

Tough game to be sure.  Need new faces to step up, vets to firm up and play error free ball.  Game will be won in the trenches.

I expect a close game.

Pigskin

Tuesday Practice'

Injured: Nichols, did not practice. Woods, full practice. Ford, full practice but limping on his right side. Lawler, running in the end zone, with a wrist brace. Parker, does not look good for 6 games, could be more like 12. Had to climb stairs backwards. No DS83 in sight, sounds like he could be gone for the season. AB4 tweaked his calf early in practice, but ran it out. Wheatfall, walking with a slight limp. Kelly, working out in the end zone by himself. Lawson, also looks like he might be gone 12 plus games. 

Feltmate, AB4 and Lawler, running extra sprints across the field at times during practice. 

Woli82 playing DS83 position, Murphy in for Woli82.

McGhee in for Ford on and off during the practice.

BA with no knee brace today.

Alston with a great catch in the corner of the end zone, and another beauty down the side lines.

Hallett on the Safety blitz much quicker than BA.

Smith the only player taking KR/PR.

Chris-Ike on a screen, excellent speed.

Josh Johnson looks pretty quick.

Hall more involved with the D today.   
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on June 25, 2024, 07:31:57 PMTuesday Practice'

Injured: Nichols, did not practice. Woods, full practice. Ford, full practice but limping on his right side. Lawler, running in the end zone, with a wrist brace. Parker, does not look good for 6 games, could be more like 12. Had to climb stairs backwards. No DS83 in sight, sounds like he could be gone for the season. AB4 tweaked his calf early in practice, but ran it out. Wheatfall, walking with a slight limp. Kelly, working out in the end zone by himself. Lawson, also looks like he might be gone 12 plus games. 

Feltmate, AB4 and Lawler, running extra sprints across the field at times during practice. 

Woli82 playing DS83 position, Murphy in for Woli82.

McGhee in for Ford on and off during the practice.

BA with no knee brace today.

Alston with a great catch in the corner of the end zone, and another beauty down the side lines.

Hallett on the Safety blitz much quicker than BA.

Smith the only player taking KR/PR.

Chris-Ike on a screen, excellent speed.

Josh Johnson looks pretty quick.

Hall more involved with the D today.   

Good info. Thanks for the update. Now it sounds like Nichols is still questionable. Hopefully they are just easing him back in and he does play.

Is Streveler getting much work with the receivers?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Waffler

Quote from: Pigskin on June 25, 2024, 07:31:57 PMAlston with a great catch in the corner of the end zone, and another beauty down the side lines.

Alston had a good one Monday too, in tight coverage. Makes me want to see him in a game.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

dd

Pigskin

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 25, 2024, 08:12:32 PMGood info. Thanks for the update. Now it sounds like Nichols is still questionable. Hopefully they are just easing him back in and he does play.

Is Streveler getting much work with the receivers?

Strev17 works with both the #1 and #2 teams.

Also BO20 full workout today.

Pigskin

I am a little worried about Murphy picking up Woli82s blocking assignments. Woli has nearly 35 pounds on Murphy.

Blueforlife

Brian Cole   LB   Illness   DNP         
Deatrick NicholsDB   ShoulderDNP         
Dalton Schoen   WR   Knee   DNP         
Keric Wheatfall   WR   Knee   DNP         
Tui Eli           OL   Hip   DNP

ichabod_crane

Anyone else going to be at the game in Calgary on Saturday? I plan to be there unless it turns 40 below or raining cats and dogs! Not sure of my seats yet either. Waiting on some friends to make up their minds if they want to go. May not know what seats I hold until Friday or even Saturday. No worries of a sellout here (outside maybe labour day game vs Edmonton), so can get tickets even at the gate if necessary.

Picking Stamps in the pool, but maybe the Bombers surprise and get off the schneid! 0-4...hard to imagine but very realistic right now! :(

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pigskin on June 25, 2024, 09:03:57 PMI am a little worried about Murphy picking up Woli82s blocking assignments. Woli has nearly 35 pounds on Murphy.

Murphy, ok, trying to remember if they had a Murray on the team.  Murray does not seem like a football name.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 25, 2024, 04:11:27 PMWe seem to be the favourite this week in our game against the Stamps. On the road against a team coming off a bye.

Vegas hasn't yet figured out all the dire horrific doomsday garbage we're going through here in Bomberland.  I'm shocked they didn't figure it out by week 3.  We basically have no players left, and the existing vets are playing their worst ball in 4 seasons.

Someone taking the opponent in all our games after week 1 could have been making major $$$.  I called it when we lost week 1.  6 losses here we come.

I really see no way we can possibly beat a much-improved Maier and Stamps with our current injury situation.  However, I'm reserving my decision on the pickems for a while longer...
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on June 25, 2024, 04:42:20 PMWe will have new receivers starting. Demski and Woli are probably Zach has confidence with. Not sure if Oliveira is 100%. Stamps have good RBs and I would think they will run over the Bombers front 7.

0-4 here we come.

You bet.  Stamps will double-team Demski & Woli and leave the nobodies in man or just open.  Zach will underthrow/overthrow anyhow.  If a miracle happens and one of the noobs makes an explosion catch, then CGY will adjust to include them in the coverage.

Where's that ledge!
Never go full Rider!