Andrew Harris appreciation/retirement night

Started by TecnoGenius, June 22, 2024, 09:57:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

I GOT YOUR BACK!

What a great dude, so nice to see him.  Love the speech.  Love the GOT YOUR BACK!  And now watching him at home his TSN interview is even better.

Give him some love here, y'all!!

Thanks for everything Andrew!  And ya, we'll see you again for the Ring Of Honor.  And maybe even another role... who knows.
Never go full Rider!

Blueforlife

An all time great.  Slightly ahead of Charlie imo.  Loved me a Charlie mind you.

Blue In BC

Yeah that was nice. I don't know if he's really interested in CFL coaching but isn't he doing some coaching on Vancouver Island in junior football?

Another Canadian wanting / getting a chance to coach in the CFL is never a bad thing. Being a hometown guy even better.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

ModAdmin

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 22, 2024, 06:36:56 PMYeah that was nice. I don't know if he's really interested in CFL coaching but isn't he doing some coaching on Vancouver Island in junior football?

Another Canadian wanting / getting a chance to coach in the CFL is never a bad thing. Being a hometown guy even better.

He was appointed head of football operations and head coach of the Vancouver Island Raiders.

The Raiders play in the seven-team B.C. Football Conference; which itself is part of the Canadian Junior Football League (CJFL).

That experience would not hurt him if he every becomes a CFL coach.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

TecnoGenius

I was confused why he was wearing #10 when I was @PAS, as he didn't say.  But to Lu on TSN he said he was wearing it to support Demski, as he "felt weird" about wearing his own number.

He's a classy guy, especially as he goes gracefully into that good night.
Never go full Rider!

BomberFan73

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 23, 2024, 07:17:43 AMI was confused why he was wearing #10 when I was @PAS, as he didn't say.  But to Lu on TSN he said he was wearing it to support Demski, as he "felt weird" about wearing his own number.

He's a classy guy, especially as he goes gracefully into that good night.

He also said it was a Rod Hill jersey
I found it funny that when he said that for Demski, that was right when Demski got hit in the Nards  ;D

TecnoGenius

AH33 on the sidelines close to Dinwiddie all night in the MTL@TOR game.  Weird... I thought he a) was taking the summer off, and b) working as a junior football coach soon.

Clearly he has some paid role for TOR.  Anyone know what that is?
Never go full Rider!

DM83

lol!

Andrew is a legendary running back.
Sadly he has no plan for succession seemingly for his next job in life.

If he was really going to be a head football coach in the BC Jr football league, would he not be out there?   

I think he is struggling in the non-football world.  I would hope he would land a Rb job somewhere, and start finishing his education.  I think the Bombers should hire him as a RB coach

Stretch

He's currently Director - Head of Operations for the Vancouver Island Raiders, whose season starts July 20th. Looks like the initial plan was for him to coach this year as well. Guess that has changed?

https://www.viraiders.ca/news/andrew-harris-announced-as-the-new-head-of-footbal

Money is no object...especially when you have none.

Jesse

Quote from: Stretch on June 29, 2024, 01:13:55 PMHe's currently Director - Head of Operations for the Vancouver Island Raiders, whose season starts July 20th. Looks like the initial plan was for him to coach this year as well. Guess that has changed?

https://www.viraiders.ca/news/andrew-harris-announced-as-the-new-head-of-footbal

Yeah, that was announced like 2 years ago but has never been mentioned since. I'm not sure he ever followed through with it.
My wife is amazing!

DM83

Hey life changes.
I am looking forward to hearing about his successes

Throw Long Bannatyne

I posted this last week, don't know which thread, but it brings AH up to date.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 29, 2024, 02:33:25 PMI posted this last week, don't know which thread, but it brings AH up to date.

Can you give us the TLDW; exec summary?  It's on my queue to watch but haven't had time yet.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: DM83 on June 29, 2024, 11:53:27 AMI think he is struggling in the non-football world.  I would hope he would land a Rb job somewhere, and start finishing his education.  I think the Bombers should hire him as a RB coach

I'm pretty sure he never started his education.  I don't think he ever went to any post-secondary anything.  He's a great RB with great football IQ, but I'll be the first to say his university IQ probably isn't up to snuff.

But hey, you play to your strengths, and so far that's what he's doing, and good for him.  If TOR wants to pay him to be around, it's a great move for both TOR and AH.  He has limitless opportunities in the football world, and in the non-football world in WPG using his name cachet.
Never go full Rider!

DCM

Twitch Account: Here - Website: Here