Do you think we made a mistake at DC

Started by Austin85, June 22, 2024, 05:05:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on June 28, 2024, 04:13:02 PMThis is unconfirmed as of yet. Dave Naylor going on The Green Zone to gossip is pretty poor form on his part, especially when you consider no one outside of CFL Clickbait Central (3DN) has made mention of it.

Sure, everyone is guessing, and Mafia would never say the 2 words "season ender" anyhow, even if the dude had his leg amputated.

But I watched (with binoculars for several minutes) 2 players drag Schoen off the field 45 mins after his injury with no weight on 1 leg... and I've watched enough football now to know that the non-contact + can't walk off themselves equals season ender maybe 80% of the time?

The one exception in recent memory, where I was wrong, was AH33's strange end to '21.  That also looked ACL, but in the end, I don't know what it was: did we ever get the info?  Maybe a strained MCL/ACL but not torn?  There are various degrees of damage.  Then again, I'm pretty sure AH played that GC only 60% ok.

We can have hope, but the moneyline will probably say he's out.  And in any case, we had a 33% Schoen in '23 GC and that cost us dearly... If he's not 75% I wouldn't play him anyhow.
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

MOS has also admitted that Schoen's season is done.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Jesse on June 29, 2024, 12:50:19 PMMOS has also admitted that Schoen's season is done.

When?  I missed that presser.  Which one?
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

We finally got some shots of Hall up in the booth, where I guessed he still was.  He's the eyes in the sky with Younger on the field.  Every shot of Younger though, he's not doing much of anything.  And they showed him a lot, and talked about him this game.

Still seems to me it's Hall up the booth calling the shots.  Just sayin'.  And I don't have a problem with that.

The complete shutdown of the opponent run is his Hall-mark (hehe).  Even with a really lackluster roster our run D is stout.  Biggie and Wilson still getting things done against the run, and the DL isn't too shabby either.

And finally today we had answers for the deep threat!  Alexander in the picture on many deep shots.  Maier throwing into a lot of double coverage.  This is a VERY good sign that we're figuring things out.  Even against a clearly mediocre Maier, it still means we're making headway and fixing problems.

Which, again, is ironic because most of our SMS is tied up on O!  Yet it's the D who still is keeping us in games.  Man... if we could just get our O working to even EDM levels we'd actually win some games.
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 30, 2024, 03:04:59 AMWhen?  I missed that presser.  Which one?

Ed Tait tweeted out the comment at some point.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Jesse on June 30, 2024, 04:46:19 AMEd Tait tweeted out the comment at some point.

That explains it.  No tweets here!  That's why I rely on you guys on the forum.

That said, was Ed just prognosticating or does he have real inside info?  Wouldn't MOS have to come out and say this in a presser on bb.com, or the coaches show?  I'm not sure I'll believe it until I hear it from the horse's mouth, even if it aligns with my prediction.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 30, 2024, 03:09:17 AMWe finally got some shots of Hall up in the booth, where I guessed he still was.  He's the eyes in the sky with Younger on the field.  Every shot of Younger though, he's not doing much of anything.  And they showed him a lot, and talked about him this game.

Still seems to me it's Hall up the booth calling the shots.  Just sayin'.  And I don't have a problem with that.

The complete shutdown of the opponent run is his Hall-mark (hehe).  Even with a really lackluster roster our run D is stout.  Biggie and Wilson still getting things done against the run, and the DL isn't too shabby either.

And finally today we had answers for the deep threat!  Alexander in the picture on many deep shots.  Maier throwing into a lot of double coverage.  This is a VERY good sign that we're figuring things out.  Even against a clearly mediocre Maier, it still means we're making headway and fixing problems.

Which, again, is ironic because most of our SMS is tied up on O!  Yet it's the D who still is keeping us in games.  Man... if we could just get our O working to even EDM levels we'd actually win some games.

O'Shea spoke about Schoen's injury in the pregame interview on Friday, the interview can be found on the Bomber site.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 30, 2024, 05:49:59 AMO'Shea spoke about Schoen's injury in the pregame interview on Friday, the interview can be found on the Bomber site.

Thanks... found it!  That's one of the first times I've seen MOS actually outright say a dude is gone for the year.  Good for him throwing us a bone.  Well, he still hedges it a bit, but clearly it's a dire ACL or something.

Seems like year 3 is often an injury year for players.

Really sucks for Schoen, who has been pretty healthy until now.  Just our luck, eh?  This basically makes our life really difficult for all of 2024.  I hope he's signed thru 2025 so we don't come away from the Schoen 2024 deal with squat!

https://www.bluebombers.com/2024/06/28/coach-oshea-june-28-4/
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 30, 2024, 07:36:57 AMThanks... found it!  That's one of the first times I've seen MOS actually outright say a dude is gone for the year.  Good for him throwing us a bone.  Well, he still hedges it a bit, but clearly it's a dire ACL or something.

Seems like year 3 is often an injury year for players.

Really sucks for Schoen, who has been pretty healthy until now.  Just our luck, eh?  This basically makes our life really difficult for all of 2024.  I hope he's signed thru 2025 so we don't come away from the Schoen 2024 deal with squat!

https://www.bluebombers.com/2024/06/28/coach-oshea-june-28-4/

I'd like to see some statics on the subject, but seems to me the majority of football players suffer season ending injuries at one time or another in their short careers.  It has to be listed very high on the hazardous occupations list.